Social Science Unpopular Opinions you have (non-football) Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The ONLY real, viable solution to all of the world's major issues - (eg: climate change, expiration of non-renewable resources, global conflict, lack of food, terrorism) is a mass reduction of human population. It literally is the only way. We've gone way past the point of being able to turn it around and solving these issues with the resources we have given the complexities created by our ridiculous population growth rate. No amount of debating on Sunrise, inquiries,
royal commissions, protesting, sending in troops, policies, plebiscites, nothing is going to change the direction of where the world is headed.

For environmental biodiversity to be saved, a lot of humans have to go.

People cant swallow this truth. We all think we are precious little snowflakes in our own bubbles of self-entitlement and narcissism driven by social media. Reality is snowflakes vaporise very quickly, they live relatively very short lives and theres a s**t load of them.

Agree. But realistically the only way to achieve this is people having less children. Mass contraception, access to choice and education and empowerment of women in developing nations is the only way.

But Humans are creatures of self interest. Most people can agree in principle there are problems: Overpopulation, Global Warming, Poverty but don't want to be the one that takes the hit for the team. (And why should they when if everyone else is looking after No 1 so should they)?

The ONLY real, viable solution to all of the world's major issues - (eg: climate change, expiration of non-renewable resources, global conflict, lack of food, terrorism) is a mass reduction of human population. It literally is the only way. We've gone way past the point of being able to turn it around and solving these issues with the resources we have given the complexities created by our ridiculous population growth rate. No amount of debating on Sunrise, inquiries,
royal commissions, protesting, sending in troops, policies, plebiscites, nothing is going to change the direction of where the world is headed.

For environmental biodiversity to be saved, a lot of humans have to go.

People cant swallow this truth. We all think we are precious little snowflakes in our own bubbles of self-entitlement and narcissism driven by social media. Reality is snowflakes vaporise very quickly, they live relatively very short lives and theres a s**t load of them.

WRONG

Technological advancement also solves the problem.

Next

An assault charge for a push is pissweak. Are we becoming America where ever possibly unsociable action is countered with 'you'll be hearing from my attorney!'?

I've always had cats, I got my old boy Ambrose down about two months ago, and then got Fred, and Fergus after a months mourning.
Last year my 18 year old cat Chloe on its last legs with cancer trolled us by just disappearing at the end, looked for a whole week everywhere and couldn't find the body. Not sure if that's better or worse than having to put an animal to sleep.

Bacon is extremely overrated. Sure it's nice to have every now and again but is it God's gift like everybody says? Nah
homerbacon85101.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back