Not open for further replies.
what about this as a quick mock up?
A5EseRu.jpg
I came up with something similar when I was messing around today:
xiaJFKd.png

Last edited:
RqUGbRN.png

Nice work! Im not big on any of the designs from the club, yours is much better:thumbsu:

What annoys me most about the rubbish the club has put out this time is that they would have pissed thousands of dollars up the wall paying some hack marketing guru when all they needed to do was spend an afternoon on footy forums to see the fantastic mock designs of actual footy fans who often take inspiration from other passionate footy fans. I don't get why they don't do this...

Can you extend the colours to the other wing of crow? Interested to see how that looks.
I've just had a go at that and it looks alright, but it kind of loses the the subtle throwback to the 'hooped' feathers of the old logo when you do that. The only real upside of having the hoops on both sides of the crow is that it allows for the hoops to continue onto the back of the jumper (like the current clash) without looking unbalanced.

I'm really, really curious what the club does now. There are questions marks over the legitimacy of the E and D votes, and D finished higher by a very small amount.

I estimate I added around 5,800 votes in 7 hours, which accounted for 21% of the entire vote. That's approximately 28,000 votes in total, of which 11,000 or so were for E. The rate at which E votes was added was insignificant during the 7 hours I was adding votes, and I was adding votes at a rate of 14 per minute. That suggests almost all the votes for E happened in the space of 6 hours, at one every two seconds for the entirety of the 6 hour period (if legitimate)
A Port fan must have written a bot.

Nice work! Im not big on any of the designs from the club, yours is much better:thumbsu:

What annoys me most about the rubbish the club has put out this time is that they would have pissed thousands of dollars up the wall paying some hack marketing guru when all they needed to do was spend an afternoon on footy forums to see the fantastic mock designs of actual footy fans who often take inspiration from other passionate footy fans. I don't get why they don't do this...

Nah it wouldn't have been. This would have been from ISC who probably put a young designer in charge of giving five options.

*the little bit between the wings

On SM-G900I using BigFooty.com mobile app
This could work, but only really work with the black crow, which I'm not overly keen on using because we already have one non club colour being used (white). If you do this with the crow in navy, then the extra blue that would fill up the negative space between the wings means the crow shape isn't as strong. Might post the different variations (along with a couple of other designs) over on the FJGD board's jumper ideas thread, rather than in this thread which it really isn't suited to.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This could work, but only really work with the black crow, which I'm not overly keen on using because we already have one non club colour being used (white). If you do this with the crow in navy, then the extra blue that would fill up the negative space between the wings means the crow shape isn't as strong. Might post the different variations (along with a couple of other designs) over on the FJGD board's jumper ideas thread, rather than in this thread which it really isn't suited to.
i think this is great. Throwback with a new twist and ties into WFAO branding rather than raptor

Can you mock it up with everything a bit larger? i.e. hope thickness and crow all a bit bigger. Essentially so the hoops are the same size as those on the home guernsey. Reckon this would be even better as it'd still be white enough but a bit stronger design with that bit more size to it

Edit: on 2nd look of the home guernserny that ay not work as the Crow would need to be so big that it wouldnt have enough length in the hoops.

BUT maybe keeping in line with the previous suggestion on the hoop going to the inner tip of the other wing, what would thicker hoops with the red on top rather than blue, then the red could go all the way through without the crow needing to be black perhaps?

I've just had a go at that and it looks alright, but it kind of loses the the subtle throwback to the 'hooped' feathers of the old logo when you do that. The only real upside of having the hoops on both sides of the crow is that it allows for the hoops to continue onto the back of the jumper (like the current clash) without looking unbalanced.
Have you emailed your design to the club?

Anyone have a murder of crows in a large for sale. Will pay $120 and could throw in a large blk long sleeve. Never worn.

I have the snowflake beanie and that is the most popular beanie by far (for the last 4 home games it has been impossible to buy it at the ground in any of the merch outlets). A lot people I've talked to that got it, or asked me where I got mine because they want one mentioned they love that it has the old crow logo on it as one of the reasons for why they want it.

Similar story here. I've been wearing this guy to games this year. The colours are perfect, has the old logo and also has a nice feel being merino.

I got it from the crowmania online, have never seen them selling it at games.

Screenshot_20170916-070646.jpg
Screenshot_20170916-070747.jpg

My sister gave that to me for my birthday this year, best beanie ever it's so warm!

You have a gold heritage jumper from memory? Love those.

You bring up a good point about presents. There's a lot of people out there who aren't keen on anything with the raptor but how much stuff is being bought as presents from well meaning loved ones only to never be worn? So sales still look good, but customer satisfaction?

i think this is great. Throwback with a new twist and ties into WFAO branding rather than raptor

Can you mock it up with everything a bit larger? i.e. hope thickness and crow all a bit bigger. Essentially so the hoops are the same size as those on the home guernsey. Reckon this would be even better as it'd still be white enough but a bit stronger design with that bit more size to it

Edit: on 2nd look of the home guernserny that ay not work as the Crow would need to be so big that it wouldnt have enough length in the hoops.

BUT maybe keeping in line with the previous suggestion on the hoop going to the inner tip of the other wing, what would thicker hoops with the red on top rather than blue, then the red could go all the way through without the crow needing to be black perhaps?
I have made it a bit bigger, but as you pointed out, the crow would be massive if you made it standard hoop size. Only just seen that hoop order change suggestion so I'll add that to my post on the FJGD jumper ideas thread in a minute, but it does actually work well!

xiaJFKd.png

I'm happy with the one we have. It's taken so long to get one that isn't awful. However, if we are going to change again, this is something I can get behind. Top work!

I'm happy with the one we have. It's taken so long to get one that isn't awful. However, if we are going to change again, this is something I can get behind. Top work!
Yeah, I probably should have put it out there that I'm happy with the current clash jumper. Let ISC or any manufacturer screw around with the Alternate that we only see 2-3 times a year, but the clash needs to be traditional enough to be worn in a GF.

I've added these here for those that don't go on the guernsey design board

Posted this up on the crows board but it probably is worth a post on here too. Basically I tried to blend option D and E from the poll, with a subtle throwback to the old crows logo with the hooped feathers out the back.
xiaJFKd.png

There's also a couple of different variations based on suggestions from other members over there.
kMWt8na.png

Q1zq4yf.png

EDIT: just seen a suggestion from Tex Danger to fix up the design in the first spoiler by going with the colour order from this years clash, works a lot better.
6T6ubuN.png

really like the 2nd and last, especially the last.

could also make for a good basis for a logo too! would be a great modernisation of the original with some tweaking (i reckon by angling the hoops like a trail to a swooping crow and tailing them off at the ends)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back