2017 - The most one sided finals series ever

Remove this Banner Ad

Two blockbusters next week.

Friday night looms as a potential blowout in Adelaide's favour, but the buildup for both matches will be huge. Danger and Deledio playing against their mates for a GF birth, cannot wait. A slow 6 days coming up :(

Worst year of footy in my lifetime

Never been so unitersted in finals in my life and that has nothin to do with the dogs. Seen far more finals series with us not involved than us in and this one I couldn't care less about

If the Giants make the GF be the first one I have absolutely no desire to watch

If so it has failed.

And as a supporter of a team that has played 1 game in 26 days there's no doubting it plays havoc with the lead up to the prelims for the teams that are supposed to have earnt the advantage.

Time for the end of season bye to go bye bye.

After an anomalous 2016 finals series we're back to normal - only the top four in the prelim.

The only thing keeping me interested is how the sides who had this weekend off hold up next weekend.

If Richmond wins the flag I suppose it'll be a bit of fun but it's a massive letdown so far after a pretty interesting season.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

well said. Also, injuries or whatever, wish these campaigners would shut up about it last year re the dogs. Players came back for other teams too, they act like it's the only reason why the doggies won.

Give them their dues the utensil suckers.

Sometimes games aren't close. Amazingly this happens even when sides don't have a week off. In what way has the bye caused the games to be one sided? Why weren't they one sided last year when there was also a bye?

Sometimes games aren't close. Amazingly this happens even when sides don't have a week off. In what way has the bye caused the games to be one sided? Why weren't they one sided last year when there was also a bye?
You are confused.

My claim isn't that not having the week off will make games close. It's that having the week off doesn't make them close or better like the afl are saying.

After an anomalous 2016 finals series we're back to normal - only the top four in the prelim.

The only thing keeping me interested is how the sides who had this weekend off hold up next weekend.

If Richmond wins he flag I suppose it'll be a bit of fun but it's a massive letdown so far after a pretty interesting season.
But the bye has affected the results.

Worst year of footy in my lifetime

Never been so unitersted in finals in my life and that has nothin to do with the dogs. Seen far more finals series with us not involved than us in and this one I couldn't care less about

If the Giants make the GF be the first one I have absolutely no desire to watch

If they get into GF they will lose by 100 +

Remove this Banner Ad

Back