List Mgmt. 2017 - Trading and Free Agency

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bad move to get Matera.

25.5 yr old with no leadership skills and only having 50-100 games left in his football life.

Will make us a better team in 2018,2019, and 2020 then we will need to rebuild again.

Also, it makes getting Bolton harder. If we have Ballatyne as the small forward next and retire, we can go to Bolton that we have a spot for him.
So a 25.5 year old small forward who will be 28.5 years and arguably in his prime at that point with a possible 2-5 years of good football left will lead us to having to do another rebuild? That is some bow you have drawn there.

Also has no bearing on us getting Bolton since you can play both in the same team. In any event, the recruitment of Bolton is nothing more than heresay and wishful thinking on this board. There is literally no indication he wants to come home other than some rumours on our board.

For those against getting Matera (for the right price of course), these are the players he'll be competing against.
Ballas
DeLuca
Grey
Crozier
Kersten
And I reckon he's possibly better then the lot if he hits his prime.

Would of thought he was competing against Walters and Harley as well for a spot in the forward line. Ballas is past his prime BTW

Would of thought he was competing against Walters and Harley as well for a spot in the forward line. Ballas is past his prime BTW
We will not improve without quality Small's, I want Matera, hits the scoreboard, but I also like Miers, JJ, and all will get
better with time.
Miers has kicked more than 40 majors at Tac, but has worked hard on his defensive game, brings effort.

Matera strikes me as someone who has underperformed given his level of natural talent. Normally the type of guy that Lyon can improve in relatively short order. If he comes in and overtakes Balla's during the year, that would be the perfect scenario.

Meanwhile Eagles are into Fasolo who has a similar profile in terms of age and role. Fasolo has some baggage (which could be related to why he wants to move home); but I'm comfortable with who we have decided to chase.

Matera strikes me as someone who has underperformed given his level of natural talent. Normally the type of guy that Lyon can improve in relatively short order. If he comes in and overtakes Balla's during the year, that would be the perfect scenario.

Meanwhile Eagles are into Fasolo who has a similar profile in terms of age and role. Fasolo has some baggage (which could be related to why he wants to move home); but I'm comfortable with who we have decided to chase.
Could also be the day he's playing at an underwhelming Gold Coast.
We need him. We have dire depth in the small forwards. He has the nous to kick 2-3 goals, especially around the packs

Goldy players with talent but haven't performed should be a recruiting priority , despite numerous attempts by every sport there has never been a successful sporting outfit from there. Maybe a 25ish year old with a bit of partying hopefully out of his system might work out alright. From the GC perspective they probably should look at building their team with experienced guys rather than drafting kids to candy land over and over

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Goldy players with talent but haven't performed should be a recruiting priority , despite numerous attempts by every sport there has never been a successful sporting outfit from there. Maybe a 25ish year old with a bit of partying hopefully out of his system might work out alright. From the GC perspective they probably should look at building their team with experienced guys rather than drafting kids to candy land over and over

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app
Nah draft players like Tim Kelly and some other mature age that want an AFL career , experience guys (Barlow) is only good if they want to build culture with GC , if not just like a retirement village for them (Rosa) .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back