List Mgmt. 2017 - Trading and Free Agency

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure how you missed the multiple admissions from Ross and others that this is the case.

It is not "kinda" either. It just is. We will have turned over roughly 30 players (including rookies) by the end of 2018. That's a full blown rebuild.

Yes we are rebuilding but Yes\No but that doesnt stop the criticism...Sheahan who overlooks it etc. RTB I think clouds that point, hes kinda continually looking after his own career. We only started the rebuild post the first Port clash properly 2016 was a maintain your position..

Yes we are rebuilding but Yes\No but that doesnt stop the criticism...Sheahan who overlooks it etc. RTB I think clouds that point, hes kinda continually looking after his own career. We only started the rebuild post the first Port clash properly 2016 was a maintain your position..
I don't think it was unreasonable to think that with Sandi and Fyfe back and Hill, Cam, Hamling and Kesten in we might do better than we have. I didn't agree but I understand.

At round 3 we made the call and committed 100%. What Sheehan or other journos think is mostly irrelevant. Don't get me wrong though, they will go for the kill when we have another down year in 2018 (which I believe we will), but the club will stand strong.

Crozier will look likely to be sacrifice for Matera deal. Don't rate Croz like other here but he is the only one that look like at Matera value .

Hand_12-512.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hopefully Sutty and return of GC fourth rd are enough but we all know going to be next year second rd pick. Colin young forward line will take shape for this rebuild.

Last edited:
Bad move to get Matera.

25.5 yr old with no leadership skills and only having 50-100 games left in his football life.

Will make us a better team in 2018,2019, and 2020 then we will need to rebuild again.

Also, it makes getting Bolton harder. If we have Ballatyne as the small forward next and retire, we can go to Bolton that we have a spot for him.

Bad move to get Matera.

25.5 yr old with no leadership skills and only having 50-100 games left in his football life.

Will make us a better team in 2018,2019, and 2020 then we will need to rebuild again.

Also, it makes getting Bolton harder. If we have Ballatyne as the small forward next and retire, we can go to Bolton that we have a spot for him.

Honestly, Bolton is the only one I really want us to get this trade period. I can see Matera being okay; he is not the worst trade being suggested, but I can still see them asking for a heap more than he is worth. Don't want Wilson at the cost he is likely to be sold for; hope GWS plays hardball again and says no, or the Eagles think that they are still in a premiership mode and pay overs.

Bad move to get Matera.

I disagree ,although I am not a fan of getting Matera , Ross Lyon need to produce result in 2019 and 2020 and not after 2020 where he might not extend his contract.

Not sure how you missed the multiple admissions from Ross and others that this is the case.

It is not "kinda" either. It just is. We will have turned over roughly 30 players (including rookies) by the end of 2018. That's a full blown rebuild.
Its bordering on comical isnt ?....it doesnt matter how many times Ross or the board have said it continue to say it there ll always be those with their own agendas. And alot seems to stem from any time the match commitee select a more experienced player over a younger one...regardless of how average said young player has been playing/is not ready/form of the senior player
People need to get out of their head theres a alot more to a rebuild than simply playing every available youngster on your list at every possible opportunity.

Bad move to get Matera.

Small forwards don't grow on trees and Ballas is nearing the end. Matera will fill a need at a cheap price. Good move imo.

Its bordering on comical isnt ?....it doesnt matter how many times Ross or the board have said it continue to say it there ll always be those with their own agendas. And alot seems to stem from any time the match commitee select a more experienced player over a younger one...regardless of how average said young player has been playing/is not ready/form of the senior player
People need to get out of their head theres a alot more to a rebuild than simply playing every available youngster on your list at every possible opportunity.

If u are going to make accusations, quote and back it up. Dont go taking Hackdorns job away.

Matera is a fine cheap pick up. Potentially good player and fills a need. He's 25 for crying out loud not 30. He has 5 years in him before he hits potential retirement age.

I'll back him in and happy with the pick up.
Exactly.
In our position of having to cut alot of deadwood but not being blessed with alot of high picks hes the perfect trade target- still in a good age bracket, has definite talent ,is in an area of a major need,alows sonny to play majority midfield but also can play and rack up some good numbers himself in tbe midfield allowing a straight rotation with walters and is quite obviously being pushed out of gc so should come cheap.

And Im not sure how matera impacts on our ability to get bolten ...must of missed the part where the club stated it was either one or the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back