List Mgmt. 2017 - Trading and Free Agency

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

If Freo get Motlop I'll lose all faith in our board. Absolutely do not want.
I think he would be a solid player for us.

I just don't want to over pay for him. 500k max with some of that performance based.

If we added him and Menzel we would be better team not only next year, the next 4 years.

I just don't want to over pay for him. 500k max with some of that performance based.

If we added him and Menzel we would be better team not only next year, the next 4 years.
FreGel forward line of Motlop ,Menzel and Kersten?

How is our salary cap?? Could we afford a million dollars between Menzel and Motlop? Hopefully front loaded over 3 years.

Id rather Kurt Tippet. Seriously we're in a REBUILD. We will have 1-2 more years of pain down the bottom and maybe unless we nail our picks or find a 198cm key forward beast.

The problem here is you're asking a guy who is a free agent to take less than market value and move interstate to a bottom 6 team. North can feed him 750k for 3-4 years and not even flinch as could St Kilda, whys he coming to Perth? We've already gone on record as saying we want under 25's anyway.

most of the top 6 six side have very strong mid and follower of 6 to 8 players who are very good to elite.....how many do we have. Paul Roo's reminder to Ross Lyon that forwards are only ever as good as the mids who need to get first ball use and deliver well. I have no doubt that Kersten and McCarthy and Taberner and Cox would all be seen differently cause of more success.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The only thing solid about Motlop's career is his condition at the start of each pre-season

So many people talking about Motlop & Menzel really need to see more of their H&A games, and base it less on the 1 or 2 finals they've seen. Menzel is a very very good player, who's gone off a bit since Geelong have tried to seriously low-ball him & push him out of the side so they can afford Ablett. Motlop's had his one good game this decade.

Opinions are valued- I love reading the differences we all put forward.
I played WAFL colts and in the bush but I'm no expert- but we all have an idea or comment whether it be informed or just shooting the s**t - we all hope one day our club succeeds.
Bring on a rational discussion.

As the preseason kicks in it gets nastier. I've played years of footy and even coached. Some people are always going to be know-it-alls from arm chair critics to media personalities hiding behind an avatar.

As the preseason kicks in it gets nastier. I've played years of footy and even coached. Some people are always going to be know-it-alls from arm chair critics to media personalities hiding behind an avatar.

c/mon Jedi, your better than that "I've been every where man". For some they rely on you guys to give them an interest and feel part of what they probably only can dream of...like playing the game here. We of the lesser need your help. :'(

The problem here is you're asking a guy who is a free agent to take less than market value and move interstate to a bottom 6 team. North can feed him 750k for 3-4 years and not even flinch as could St Kilda, whys he coming to Perth? We've already gone on record as saying we want under 25's anyway.

We have 18 players to delist over 2 years.

We can't do this through the draft alone, and free agents would help a lot.

What is your plan??

What is your plan??

I don't have a plan, that's Brad Lloyd's job but he has gone on record and said we want under 25's. I'd assume once we hit 2019 and our list rebuild is hopefully on track there'll be room for free agents but as it stands now there isn't.

We draft and draft and draft. We will be in for some pain, free agency should only come in to it for us once we need some icing on the cake or there is a rolled gold superstar we could get (Tom Lynch next year).

As for Motlop, he's no chance of coming here when Vic clubs or other clubs with a chance of finals are keen, he has the consistency of diarrhoea and discipline issues, I'd say he was close to the Colin Sylvia basket. North, Brisbane, Suns, Stk all have the coin.

Menzel there's been talk about, I dont get it myself and I do rate him, he is strong overhead and a great finisher. He's just too big a risk on a long term deal which is probably needed to get him across. His lack of pressure and tackling is well documented and each time I see him play I reckon he moves like a guy with 4 knee recos.

We should try at least for Tom Lynch next season, we will have big dollars available, I doubt he does anything other than stays at Suns or goes to Vic but that's a big pipe dream.

T Lynch would be an amazing coup by us. I can't see it at all.

I think our list will be made up like it was last year - mostly draft but with the odd expat players. I don't mind it as we got pretty good value for the trade players last year. Much better than the likely outcome of using those draft picks IMO.

I dont see what Motlop brings to us as we rebuild, Menzel to a lesser degree.

Motlop is 27 in 2018 as is Menzel. Both are basically at best ladder boosters nothing more for us. Which we dont need in the short term or have much value longer term. Let nature take its course. We should just admit we are rebuilding. Which we are kinda. But RTB wont admit it whereas he should call a Eagle a bloody maggot and say it.

WC Press here particularly and from dickhead Sheehan and the like forces Freo to never admit to bottom out, were too scared too.
If we're around 13 -16 in 2018 its about where we are with our list and where we need to get top end talent. We just need to cut out the bashings, that helps no one. 2019 we should be pushing 7-10 competing legitimately for the bottom end of the finals. 2020 is where we should be expecting legitimate top4.

Both are in their twilight of their careers when we need them. Motlop has the makings of a disaster ala ol' Col. Menzel whilst talented I cant see him lasting physically.

They're (rumoured) offering him one year on less money. Not being a campaigner at all, he has to do the right thing for his life after football. How many games has he missed since hes come back from his knee? Isn't Fyfe one bad landing away from another broken leg, Bennell one sprint from another calf? I see his knee injuries as a poor excuse personally.

On SM-G955F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yes but has that changed the way Fyfe plays ? No he still flies for marks and crashes in Menzel seems to play with a bit of self preservation which is understandable but undesirable and I'd say one of the main reasons for the Cats short / low offer

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

What is your plan??
I would draft a lot of mature age ( 19-22)picks in the late national draft and the rookie draft.

Also, go for some of the delisted free agents under 23.

I do think it take 3 more drafts to clear the decks.

I dont see what Motlop brings to us as we rebuild, Menzel to a lesser degree.

Motlop is 27 in 2018 as is Menzel. Both are basically at best ladder boosters nothing more for us. Which we dont need in the short term or have much value longer term. Let nature take its course. We should just admit we are rebuilding. Which we are kinda. But RTB wont admit it whereas he should call a Eagle a bloody maggot and say it.

WC Press here particularly and from dickhead Sheehan and the like forces Freo to never admit to bottom out, were too scared too.
If we're around 13 -16 in 2018 its about where we are with our list and where we need to get top end talent. We just need to cut out the bashings, that helps no one. 2019 we should be pushing 7-10 competing legitimately for the bottom end of the finals. 2020 is where we should be expecting legitimate top4.

Both are in their twilight of their careers when we need them. Motlop has the makings of a disaster ala ol' Col. Menzel whilst talented I cant see him lasting physically.
Not sure how you missed the multiple admissions from Ross and others that this is the case.

It is not "kinda" either. It just is. We will have turned over roughly 30 players (including rookies) by the end of 2018. That's a full blown rebuild.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back