News Ned Guy List Manager to leave after MD

Remove this Banner Ad

Collingwood still pumping out these bs job positions geez

Umm.... Derek was already doing this position .... and his old position.
The review would have found that he was either no good at list management or it was too much work to focus on both so split the roles.

Only someone who hates everything would argue with the splitting of these roles.

Could be just me but can't see anything that qualifies him for this role. Not sure being a tough negotiator cuts it...

He has experience in dealing with players, their salaries, contract specifics, welfare, and so on.

He knows how to deal with managers as he is/was one.

He knows how to deal with presumably all clubs' list management teams and who's who.

Knows the market and trade value of players.

Knows how to negotiate the best possible deal with players/clubs.

I can't see anything that doesn't qualify him for the position...

Except it's in Guy's best interest to sign his clients up on higher deals at opposition clubs!

as much as we all want other clubs stitched up, its not in his best interests or the clubs to do that.

clubs have to get along and get deals done. he doesn't need any baggage heading into a new role.

He has experience in dealing with players, their salaries, contract specifics, welfare, and so on.

He knows how to deal with presumably all clubs' list management teams and who's who.

Piebeast... Another "Everything Collingwood does is s***" poster.

He is absolutely perfect for the role. Super impressed with the innovation from the club on this one.

upload_2017-10-4_15-31-16.png

Not just another talking head.

He's good at maximising the profit for himself and his clients but has no talent identification credentials required to build a strong list whatsoever. And that's what his role is supposed to be.
So yeah nah..

He's good at maximising the profit for himself and his clients but has no talent identification credentials required to build a strong list whatsoever. And that's what his role is supposed to be.
So yeah nah..

How do you know? It's part of a player managers role to identify talent before they're drafted in order to get them on their books.

Plus, he's the list manager, not head of recruitment. I daresay his role is more about numbers, contract lengths, etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My major complaint with the Club recently has been the recruitment/list management areas so this comes as a very welcome bit of news.

At the very least Guy will bring an absolute truck load of IP into the Club.

Player Agents also spend a lot of time scouting to see who they want in their stable. So he too may be onto something re: talent ID.

He is sure to have a large network and some god relationships (possibly some bad ones too) with other Player Agents. Might work in our favour.

Could be just me but can't see anything that qualifies him for this role. Not sure being a tough negotiator cuts it...
He might be the guy who looks after the Collingwood players well being and negotiates contracts with the player managers from the Collingwood side of the fence. Pretty much what he is doing now but from the clubs point of view.

So yeah nah..
He’s in charge of list management, not talent identification. That still falls under Hine’s department as head of recruitment.

So yeah nah..
I don't see him as identifying talent. That will be Hinds job. I see him negotiating with the player managers for contracts. Looking at the lists well being and player needs and perhaps working out if we can fit certain players onto the list from a financial point of view.

All true, but how much experience does he have building a list with multiple holes using just one pick in the first 2 rounds to satisfy the 'I want it now' needs of the Pies supporter base?:D

What's a 'pro scout' department?

I'm interested in an explanation for this one as well. I've always assumed a club employs scouts to watch players all across the country, ie one in each capital city.

Or are there freelance scouts who sell their IP to whatever club is willing to pay for them?

Just assumed we already had "professional scouts"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back