Player Watch #8: Jake Lever – Signed until 2028

Remove this Banner Ad

This will be worth it if Tom McDonald can play a full season up forward and make the switch permanent. Means we don't have to rely on Weideman to come good, and our defense is still excellent.

Tmac deep also brings the ball to ground better than Hogan and he adds defensive pressure. It also allows Hogan to use his leading skills up the ground and his ability to get 20 touches around the ground.

How come I'm not platinum? Wasn't I supposed to get something for being POTY?

You're living in the past, man. Stop living in the past.

Tmac deep also brings the ball to ground better than Hogan and he adds defensive pressure. It also allows Hogan to use his leading skills up the ground and his ability to get 20 touches around the ground.
For all of these reasons I really love the fact we’ve traded for Lever. Intercepting backmen are the new black in terms of defensive play, and someone who can mark consistently will be novel. I also think Tommy deep with Hogan roaming and leading is a much better set up than Hogan deep. He wastes too much time either wrestling or getting the shits at being held onto and appealing to the umpires - generally missing second and third attempts in the meantime.

Bit confused about the need for Baltic but I guess you don’t say no to decent depth. Plus maybe he explodes with talent in 2018?

For all of these reasons I really love the fact we’ve traded for Lever. Intercepting backmen are the new black in terms of defensive play, and someone who can mark consistently will be novel. I also think Tommy deep with Hogan roaming and leading is a much better set up than Hogan deep. He wastes too much time either wrestling or getting the shits at being held onto and appealing to the umpires - generally missing second and third attempts in the meantime.

Bit confused about the need for Baltic but I guess you don’t say no to decent depth. Plus maybe he explodes with talent in 2018?
From memory Baltic is a first round talent, just can't put it together. He's young but my expectation is zero - better option than any third rounder though I

I watched Rance mature and Lever is a totally different type of player. He'll be excellent in his own right but please don't hype him up to be the next GOAT defender or your supporters might be disappointed. Very different body types - just let him be the next Lever.
Why don't you sneak off.
Have read some of your comments on the Crows board bad mouthing us then you come here with your opinions nobody gives a toss about.
Loser

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only costs $20 to the enter the Platinum draw - although you have to keep entering the draw every year. But the chances of winning are 100%.
Not for me! I received this as a gift from Chief himself for my unwavering support and service to bigfooty :D :D :D

Why don't you sneak off.
Have read some of your comments on the Crows board bad mouthing us then you come here with your opinions nobody gives a toss about.
Loser

Bad mouthing you? I said you would definitely pay 2 x first rounders if Adelaide held their nerve. I was right.

I've also said you're primed to play finals in 4 of the next 5 years or so in other threads.

Enjoy Lever, I think he's rounded out your list extremely well now and you've got an ideal core of great young players to build around for the next 6-7 years. It reminds me of Richmond in 2012.

From memory Baltic is a first round talent, just can't put it together. He's young but my expectation is zero - better option than any third rounder though I

It would turn this trade period around for me if we could get Latvia, Estonia and Lithuania for a third round pick.

Bad mouthing you? I said you would definitely pay 2 x first rounders if Adelaide held their nerve. I was right.

I've also said you're primed to play finals in 4 of the next 5 years or so in other threads.

Enjoy Lever, I think he's rounded out your list extremely well now and you've got an ideal core of great young players to build around for the next 6-7 years. It reminds me of Richmond in 2012.
Piss off and make friends on your own board mate

Glad it’s done and he’s officially on the list but can’t shake the feeling that considerable overs were paid.
If next year's draft were a normal draft, then it would seems a bit over. But, if the pundits are to be believed, then a third round pick next year is just as likely to get a good player as a first round pick.

From all accounts, it's a deep draft, and the first fifty players are likely to be good.

If that is true, then losing a first round pick and swapping a fourth round pick for a third round pick in that draft isn't as bad as it sounds.

The other thing out of all of this...are Adelaide going to be that good?

Cameron and Lever were extremely important to them last year. There's likely to be monster speculation around Sloane and Laird all next year. Eddie is a year older, JJ is still a downhill skier.

Yeah, they just made the GF, but they got belted. They've also got a very beatable blueprint - a heavily contested, high-pressure gameplan and they go to water.

If Crows dropped to 5th or 6th and we finished top 4 we would be absolutely laughing.

Alright how do I change my username

There's a thread somewhere in the help/suggestions forum down the bottom of the main forums page. You make a $10 or $20 donation to a charity of your own choice and provide the receipt and Chief or one of his minions will change your name. I used to be Toumpass2Mouth.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back