List Mgmt. Hayden Crozier [Traded to WB]

Remove this Banner Ad

The word that comes to mind to describe Croz is mercurial. Doesn't get a lot of footy but can turn a match when he does. That 55 metre goal yesterday and that mark are examples.
We needed the goal too, but we've got mercurial happenings all over the ground now. Other teams will find it hard to keep an eye on so many.

Will always remember when he snapped that insane goal against the Dogs in Round 3 this year then pulled at his Freo jumper towards the crowd, or when he slammed Shaun Burgoyne into the forward wing turf in Round 21, 2014, then calmly went back and slotted the checkside. He always did play with heart for the purple jumper, wish him all the best for his opportunity at the Dogs. Cheers Croz.

Good luck to him. A personal favourite of mine even if I have to admit he never really found consistency up forward with us. Wilson and Ryan are definitively better down back but yeah, liked him a lot.

Feel like this is a bad choice. Still young, has a great left foot kick. And when played in a proper forward line, can bd dangerous. We kept Ballantyne and Gray. Not really excited at that.
Is Matera THAT much better? Time will tell

Would much rather have kept Crozier than get some average pick which will most likely be a bust. But good luck to him, I think he might thrive with a different club/coach.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Feel like this is a bad choice. Still young, has a great left foot kick. And when played in a proper forward line, can bd dangerous. We kept Ballantyne and Gray. Not really excited at that.
Is Matera THAT much better? Time will tell
Bulldogs will be playing him in the backline though.

True. But out of the smutty, Sheridan, croz batch he is The only 1 that showed promise.
True, but if you cant see him being best 22 then best to move them on. Shero and Sutto are being kept so that can three-peat at Peel :)

Bulldog will play Croz as utility , interchange position with JJ when needed .

Bulldog will play Croz as utility , interchange position with JJ when needed .
Yep, for sure. We love flexibility in players and our recruiter has loved Crozier for a while, wanted him instead of Clay Smith back in 2011 but was overruled.

I think this trade was a square up for Hamling last year who worked out well for you guys.

It's a win all round. Croz gets to play predominantly half back where he looked best imo, we get another pick that will help secure Wilson (a much much better half back option) without destroying our draft hand and Dogs get extra depth in an area they have had some retirements in. Didn't really like the late pick swaps but not a huge issue.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back