List Mgmt. 2017 Free Agency & Trading - Part 2 (Take Gibbs talk to the Gibbs thread)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Hampton, Cheney and Seed will play big roles next year.
That may well be the case - but they weren't best 22 players this year, so really shouldn't be considered when arguing that we've had a bad run with injuries.

Their absence meant that we lacked depth, but they didn't impact on our ability to field the best possible 22.

If this is correct (and I don't believe that it is), then this actually makes it worse for us.

Pick #53 is worth 233pts. If all we get is a 20% discount, then we can only cover bids worth 291pts or less - i.e. picks 49-52.
No, i mean carryover points are deducted from the pick of the same round next year.

You do realise Port aren’t actually paying more than 500k. The AFL said they took into account age and length of contract for this one...a.k.a we have Geelong pick 19 so they can use it to give to Gold Coast.
Bet you still believe in the Easter bunny too.. ;)

You do realise Port aren’t actually paying more than 500k. The AFL said they took into account age and length of contract for this one...a.k.a we have Geelong pick 19 so they can use it to give to Gold Coast.
Guess again... Receiving band 2 compensation means that he's now in the highest 15% earners in the competition, aged 25+. Based on previously published figures, and allowing for the 20% salary cap increase, this means you're paying him $600k+.

The media were speculating that Geelong would only receive band 3, based on what they thought Port were offering. The fact that Geelong receives band 2 indicates that the media's speculation was based on bad information. Port are paying him a lot more than $450-500k.

Guess again... Receiving band 2 compensation means that he's now in the highest 15% earners in the competition, aged 25+. Based on previously published figures, and allowing for the 20% salary cap increase, this means you're paying him $600k+.

The media were speculating that Geelong would only receive band 3, based on what they thought Port were offering. The fact that Geelong receives band 2 indicates that the media's speculation was based on bad information. Port are paying him a lot more than $450-500k.
It doesn't matter what you say. They will rather believe the kulture/AFL conspiracy than admit their club paid through the nose.

I think Hampton, Cheney and Seed will play big roles next year.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Cheney has me concerned, If we get Francis and or Fogerty he may be moved on. if we don't get one of them he is a must keep.
Only going on the latter part of this year in the SANFL Doedee look a lot better and quicker.
But I am expecting Hampton to put his hand up for the Smith role and still push Greenwood for inside time. competition is good.
Seedsman, I like on the wing,

You can only compare with previous deals.

Chris Mayne is a good reference.

It's a fact that his contract is 2million plus over 4 years due to the ugly way it's ending.

He was what 26/27?

Freo received band 3.

Given Geelong received band 2, you'd have to think it's pretty close to 600k

Top 15 percent in competition? Are you serious?

Didn't realise that

Better hope he performs for $600k+. You could have another Lobbe on your hands lol.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The afl has said it was because of his age and years. Ill take their word over some random Bigfooty poster who has no clue

I wouldn't mind offering Dan menzel a 2 year Deal.. I don't think he would cost as much as motlop and would most likely kick more goals than motlop.. I know there's a knock on his tackling and pressure but motlop wasn't going to give us that either

Ah cute, still believes in the easter bunny, Santa, Kornes and Rucci... believe it or not your club is paying top dollar for Motlop, despite what the robust media(i.e. Image) department of your club want you to believe.

It doesn’t have to be anything.. Buddy got band 2 on over a mil a year. If a high profile player is involved ( eg not Trengove, Mayne etc.) the afl just picks whatever they want. There are ‘guidelines’ as to what triggers what but all at the descrepency of the afl.. pick 19 helps their love child the GC and stops Ablett from retiring.

If that trade was done you can guarantee it would’ve been band 3 with the same deal.

Instead afl said it was based on AGE and COTRACT LENGTH as to why it wasn’t the usual stock standard band 3 that it should’ve been.

Out Impey 400k in Motlop 500k thanks for coming :D

It doesn’t have to be anything.. Buddy got band 2 on over a mil a year. If a high profile player is involved ( eg not Trengove, Mayne etc.) the afl just picks whatever they want. There are ‘guidelines’ as to what triggers what but all at the descrepency of the afl.. pick 19 helps their love child the GC and stops Ablett from retiring.

If that trade was done you can guarantee it would’ve been band 3 with the same deal.

Instead afl said it was based on AGE and COTRACT LENGTH as to why it wasn’t the usual stock standard band 3 that it should’ve been.

Out Impey 400k in Motlop 500k thanks for coming :D

You do understand why Hawthorn received pick 19 right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back