List Mgmt. 2017 Draft Needs...

Remove this Banner Ad

Gee if your under 180cm you get pushed down the pecking order in the draft despite CD ranking.

Wouldn’t be disappointed with Clarke at pick 12.

Apologies... I didn’t read your comment correctly the first time I responded and now get what you mean in how Higgins might have the best CD stats yet isn’t rated well due to his height...

Apologies... I didn’t read your comment correctly the first time I responded and now get what you mean in how Higgins might have the best CD stats yet isn’t rated well due to his height...

Yeah but it’s just not Higgins. Look at 8 and 9 on the list, don’t think I’ve seen these 2 on any top 20 phantom draft

8. LACHLAN FOGARTY (Western Jets)

179cm inside midfielder/forward

Fantastic pressure numbers and scoreboard impact suggest he’s an ideal small forward. Highest ranked TAC Cup player, averaging 145 SuperCoach points and 9.7 tackles.

SAM SAYS: Defensive mindset and ferocious tackling straight out of Richmond’s premiership playbook. Lions could pair him with close mate Rayner in the first round to help them settle. Dogs lurking with pick No.16.

bd78620775b7e8782375b9e94973123f

Lachlan Fogarty celebrates a goal. Picture: Ian Currie
63c76d1af5ab80c7d450ab63ba0dabd9

Dylan Moore recovers after the yo-yo endurance test at the AFL Draft Combine.
9. DYLAN MOORE (Eastern Ranges)

175cm midfielder

Average of 130 SuperCoach points, No.7 in the TAC Cup. Ranked elite in contested possessions, ground-ball gets and goals. Averaged 114 SuperCoach points for Vic Metro, named All-Australian.

SAM SAYS: Brilliant runner with a great work ethic, but the little fella won’t go in the first round and perhaps not even the second. Think premiership Tiger Kane Lambert.

What a bargain !!!!

If you read the whole thing ' lifts in big games '

His best games were champs and TAC cup finals - now they're the sorts of players I want on our list
I'd lift for big games too .....doesn't mean i can play the game at AFL level

I have a little bit of tongue in cheek ......however players can get away with flaws in their game at U18 level that get exposed at AFL level (Watts, Schache)

Speed & spread for a midfielder is very important

I'd lift for big games too .....doesn't mean i can play the game at AFL level

I have a little bit of tongue in cheek ......however players can get away with flaws in their game at U18 level that get exposed at AFL level (Watts, Schache)

Speed & spread for a midfielder is very important
Just what they said about Patrick Cripps

If he was 180cm who struggles with contested ball I'd agree

Being dominant in the highest standard games of the year shows me he's got more hope to make it than most of the others

Easy to beat up on weak opponents , not so easy to dominate the big games

That’s irrelevant to my point. How can it be bagged and the players be lauded at the same time.
It's the AFL industry putting all draftee's on a pedestal ......draftee's get big heads, have unrealistic expectations of their entry to AFL ranks (22 games year 1) .......any negativity about players could harm the kids chances of getting drafted, more supporter negativity if their club drafts a hack ....so what we get is all players being lauded & parents happy

Just what they said about Patrick Cripps

If he was 180cm who struggles with contested ball I'd agree

Being dominant in the highest standard games of the year shows me he's got more hope to make it than most of the others

Easy to beat up on weak opponents , not so easy to dominate the big games
No, what they said about Cripps was that he was highly talented, but not fit & carrying a lot of puppy fat .....his pace wasn't questioned

I understand we should value a players strengths .......but we & club recruiters don't ignore a players weaknesses, particularly if the belief is that those weaknesses may not be correctable

Good players in every draft bit if you compared the SA talent from this draft to next it's like chalk and cheese

If the 17 yo were allowed to enter this draft you'd have 3 in the top 5
That's today .....but 12 months on a lot of things change, players stagnate in development, whilst others accelerate their development

(Log in to remove this ad.)

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2017/11/15/constable-turns-omission-into-motivation/

“At Dragons playing as a deep forward was a little harder for the leading and having bigger bodies on you all the time. Towards the end of the season, I figured it out a little bit.”

One knock some recruiters have on Constable is his speed, although he clocked 3.05 seconds for the 20 metre sprint during pre-season testing – which is by no means poor.

“Clubs have said spreading from the contest is what I need to work on, but they’ve been positive about it,” Constable said.

“They’ve said if you do have a deficiency, that’s probably the easiest one to fix. They said you have a lot of strengths that covers your speed and your endurance, so it’s not too much of a worry, but I still want to work on it to get it to the next level.

“Last preseason I had a sprint coach for 12 weeks, which shaved my 20-metre time from 3.45 to a 3.06. In terms of my running, I’ve tried to do boxing and swimming during the week – some off legs stuff.”

Let me put that post another way, Wayne's-World

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2017/11/15/constable-turns-omission-into-motivation/

“At Dragons playing as a deep forward was a little harder for the leading and having bigger bodies on you all the time. Towards the end of the season, I figured it out a little bit.”

One knock some recruiters have on Constable is his speed, although he clocked 3.05 seconds for the 20 metre sprint during pre-season testing – which is by no means poor.

“Clubs have said spreading from the contest is what I need to work on, but they’ve been positive about it,” Constable said.

“They’ve said if you do have a deficiency, that’s probably the easiest one to fix. They said you have a lot of strengths that covers your speed and your endurance, so it’s not too much of a worry, but I still want to work on it to get it to the next level.

“Last preseason I had a sprint coach for 12 weeks, which shaved my 20-metre time from 3.45 to a 3.06. In terms of my running, I’ve tried to do boxing and swimming during the week – some off legs stuff.”

What I don’t get is this draft has been bagged, but then we keep reading about players who are awesome, what gives?
They're all awesome, some are just more awesome than others.:p

But in all seriousness, the draft is a time for hope and optimism so peoples' opinions of prospects tend to reflect this.

They're all awesome, some are just more awesome than others.:p

But in all seriousness, the draft is a time for hope and optimism so peoples' opinions of prospects tend to reflect this.
Being a very good junior is different than being a very good senior footballer . Relying on ability to handle the training , game plans, pressure , media attention , fans attention , fighting for a spot etc etc

Hence character important

Remove this Banner Ad

Back