Rumour Dees pull out of tough training camp

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry chef I looked at the bookings next week and it looks like there's a lot of functions on and a lot more work to do, so I don't really want to be here for that.

Yeah no worries mate, see you back the week after. Enjoy your break, grab a knock off on me too when you leave tonight.
Bullshit correlation and just not relevant. 'Sorry Simon, I am a professional athlete and last year I dislocated my knee cap in a training camp that was non football related, it impacted my season and I don't want to do anything that will ruin my football in 2018'

Or.

'Sorry Simon, I don't think getting concussed due to a brick falling on my head is really relevant to playing football'

Not to relevant all of a sudden is it?

rsz_23915586_1620382874671855_3015564762557687241_n.jpg

It is about bettering humanity and treating people like individuals instead of as a collective. You point to WW1 but that is a perfect example of a few men being willing to throw millions of young men into a war, not learning any of the stories of the men that they had just condemned to die, simply because they did not really care that much.

In 1980's VFL training the players were not treated like individuals, they were treated as a collective, and that does not work anymore. Modern society is far more intuned with individual difference, and people are far less willing to be taken advantage of now compared to the past. In WW1 men died because they were told to, they did not even know what the war was about most of the time.

Now, in 2017, players are able to tell when the coaches are not treating them with respect, and are seemingly not caring about their individual welfare.

That's what happens when advertisers market hotted up fast cars to young men and they drive 70km in 40km zones thinking they're relevant whereas they're just actually dumb kents who deserve to be wrapped around a pole.

Don't dick measure mate.
The breed of Hyundai male are a bit of a worry. Remind me of that servo clip in zoolander.

But jokes aside, this sounds like a leadership issue more than an overpaid, reality tv grown, superficial girly man problem.

It was, and I don't see the point in it if professional athletes are injured training in a way non specific to football.
i think its a waste of time as well but still its just another sign that the players arent on board with the club and coaches etc which is a culture issue. as for the injury comment earlier players can get injured doing anything its a part of life and especially for an athlete

The breed of Hyundai male are a bit of a worry. Remind me of that servo clip in zoolander.

But jokes aside, this sounds like a leadership issue more than an overpaid, reality tv grown, superficial girly man problem.
I just think a few guys have put there foot down and don't want to go through that same stuff as last year. It's fair enough.

i think its a waste of time as well but still its just another sign that the players arent on board with the club and coaches etc which is a culture issue. as for the injury comment earlier players can get injured doing anything its a part of life and especially for an athlete
I'd rather him injured in a football specific environment, that's a fair comment, and no, I think they've collectively thought it was rubbish and didn't think it relevant going forward. They're still doing a camp, just not something crazy.

Don't disagree.

Yes. Do you think mass sleep deprivation is a good idea for professional athletes?
its the off season so a few days with lack of sleep wont matter much. personally i think there is other ways to bond as a team then this my point is basically its not good for a club to have such a divided opinion from coaches to players if they want success and so on its a culture issue

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can only imagine the coach has rubber stamped this camp .
The players have just publicly said "in ya boot" effectively defying his authority .
Where to from here ?
Does this fracture the relationship and can it be repaired going forward ?
Does the coach resign having lost the playing group ?
Bizarre indeed ...

I'd rather him injured in a football specific environment, that's a fair comment, and no, I think they've collectively thought it was rubbish and didn't think it relevant going forward. They're still doing a camp, just not something crazy.
but thats more my point the players don't know what is and what isn't relevant if the club tell you to do something then they should do it and not pick and choose if it was so unsafe then it wouldnt be allowed to run. whats next a player feeling like running 10 laps is to much and only doing 5 etc

its the off season so a few days with lack of sleep wont matter much. personally i think there is other ways to bond as a team then this my point is basically its not good for a club to have such a divided opinion from coaches to players if they want success and so on its a culture issue

I don't disagree that there is a divided opinion which isn't a good look, but I'm completely behind the players here.

but thats more my point the players don't know what is and what isn't relevant if the club tell you to do something then they should do it and not pick and choose if it was so unsafe then it wouldnt be allowed to run. whats next a player feeling like running 10 laps is to much and only doing 5 etc

So I am guessing you are against labour laws saying that an employer can't exploit his or her employees or put them in unnecessarily stressful or dangerous situations?

Doesn't have to create friction, you just have to work through it in a mature way

Good luck with that. The players have just called the Union on the Coach and Footy Dept.

Mature discussion between the two factions either failed or wasn't an option.

Bullshit correlation and just not relevant. 'Sorry Simon, I am a professional athlete and last year I dislocated my knee cap in a training camp that was non football related, it impacted my season and I don't want to do anything that will ruin my football in 2018'

Or.

'Sorry Simon, I don't think getting concussed due to a brick falling on my head is really relevant to playing football'

Not to relevant all of a sudden is it?
What are you talking about?

Ash Agar dislocated his shoulder last year on a similar camp for the Warriors - his injury cost him an A tour and potentially an Australian Cap - training camps are ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back