Royal Rumble (2018)

Remove this Banner Ad

Had to go work just before the women’s Rumble so only got the chance to watch it now. God how strange was the Rousey segment. I didn’t know why to say, and that definitely wasn’t because I was surprised, it was purely because of how strange it was. Rousey’s poses and points to the sign were awkward as hell and the whole thing just seemed like a mish mash of odd choices.

Cool entrance music though, and cool Rowdy jacket.

There be quite a few Matches between them.

It's Obvious Reigns vs Lesaner will be the Main Event.

EVEN IF Smarks Hate it
Yeah and they've been absolutely terrible. Lesnar & Reigns are part of the problem why Wrestling has been terrible for WWE for a couple years.
Styles had to carry both of em through matches against them..

It was nice to watch wrestling again.

Men’s match was fun although I didn’t know who half the guys were. Got bored about halfway through. Seth Rollins looks like such a jobber. I was always saying back in the Authority days nothing would come of him because of how he was booked in that Cena feud. At least I feel justified but **** what a waste.

That 10 guy getting the number 10 spot again was lame and unessesary, I hate stuff that reminds me it’s fake.

I loved the Heath Slater stuff.

I used to love Hurricane and have always wanted him to be in the rumble, he was in a really good spot with Cena too.

Ziggler stuff was bizarre. I’ve hated Ziggles for the last five years but I saw his promo and thought it was a great angle for him, what a shit way to ruin it.

Nakamura hasn’t really done much in WWE. Gotta laugh at how Reigns ‘wasn’t ready’ even though he was part of the best stable for the past decade for years before getting a title shot, yet Nakamura is on Smackdown for six months, has some shitty feuds, wins the rumble yet no one complains.

Triple threat match was okay but lacked tension because you knew Brock was winning and Kane was eating the pin. Braun needs something other than his finishers, seemed a bit too rinse and repeat of the fatal four way at SummerSlsm.

Women’s rumble, laughed at it going on last, besting traffic would’ve been very tempting for that crowd.

That Steph promo looked cringe as hell. Some nice returns, took me back to my pre-teen days exploring the grand delights of the internet.

The rest breaks were ridiculous, had no idea who was still in it. I know they did it for the rest breaks but having it over the top rope made it look fake with everyone jumping up to get eliminated. But still better than I thought it’d be.

Commentary was so awful, I know they have to try to make it sound exciting but **** me dead. Had a good chuckle at Cole trying to re-write some of the legacies, Lay-Cool? Oh yeah ripping the Women’s title in half in a tug of war pioneered Women’s wrestling:rolleyes:

It was just weird and felt ill-timed.

Asuka wins. Goes to do what Nakamura did and choose a champion to face. Ronda comes out, points at the WM sign, tries to shake hands with Asuka, points at the sign some more, goes and shakes hands with Stephanie then leaves.
Kayfabe wise, why does she get to go to Wrestlemania? And seemingly get a championship match, judging from when she appeared.

The camera angle doesn't show it very well as it's a close up of her face, but she says "I'll see you there" and is definitely facing Charlotte. Which seemed weird. Since Asuka didn't pick who she wants to face.

It just felt reeeeally out of place. At least have her beat someone up to put some reason into it, other than "hey guys, i'm going to Wrestlemania too".

Okay yeah that's fair, I think they'll at least make her earn the right to fight at Wrestlemania though

I knew straight away we weren't getting any twist from the Mens Rumble which pissed me off.

Women's match shouldn't have been last, It was fun match, damn Stratus looked unbelievable, didn't look like she had missed a beat.

Both title matches were great.

Tag matches were both good.

That Rousey segment was ****ing stupid.

Finn would have been a good winner, The Club vs Lesnar could have been big.

Japanese wrestlers both win their respective rumble matches. Hmmm. Are WWE trying to say they´ve got the best talent in the world or could this in some way backfire promote the other brand ? Both very good choices to win regardless. The surprise entrants were excellent although it would have been great to see Peyton Royce get a guernsey.

Nakamura hasn’t really done much in WWE. Gotta laugh at how Reigns ‘wasn’t ready’ even though he was part of the best stable for the past decade for years before getting a title shot, yet Nakamura is on Smackdown for six months, has some shitty feuds, wins the rumble yet no one complains.

Nakamura has really just been relying on his rep from what he did prior to WWE. That's been enough to keep him held in high regard. I don't think he's been that great with WWE and I don't think he was all that good in the rumble. But hey, he's over and Styles/Nakamura will still be a pretty good match even if it's a watered-down WWE variant, so it's a fine result. Much better than Reigns, Orton or Cena again.

Japanese wrestlers both win their respective rumble matches. Hmmm. Are WWE trying to say they´ve got the best talent in the world or could this in some way backfire promote the other brand ? Both very good choices to win regardless. The surprise entrants were excellent although it would have been great to see Peyton Royce get a guernsey.

Wouldn't read much into it. Lesnar-Reigns, Undertaker-Cena and Angle-Triple H will be the 3 long matches. Styles-Nakamura will be a lightning 15 minutes that makes everybody wish it got longer and Asuka-Whoever could well end up on the preshow.

Also **** Lesnar for the shot to Strowman. Hitting the dude getting push in the temple after they **** up just isn't really the way to go about it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I haven't been keeping up at all. Needless to say I was surprised to see Kane in the title match, Nakamura winning and Rollins and Jordan holding the tag titles together :huh:

Mysterio looks to be in the shape of his life

God damn that whole event was fun to watch.

Mens Rumble was pure awesome. Elias is a future star in the making. Not sold on Nakamura, would have rathered Finn ultimately.

WWE Title match was fun. Undisputed Title match was an entertaining trainwreck.

Womens Rumble kept me engaged and interested throughout, so massive props. Was also good to see the Women close the show.

Nakamura has really just been relying on his rep from what he did prior to WWE. That's been enough to keep him held in high regard. I don't think he's been that great with WWE and I don't think he was all that good in the rumble. But hey, he's over and Styles/Nakamura will still be a pretty good match even if it's a watered-down WWE variant, so it's a fine result. Much better than Reigns, Orton or Cena again.

I get all that and said before I hoped a new person would win it.

They need to get the smarks excited with a solid undercard match. I just wish he’d had some storylines or something so he could build a persona. At the moment I couldn’t really tell you what the Nakumura character is.

Smackdown superstar winning was obvious. Rumble was pretty good, much better than previous years.

Orton wasn't gonna win, Corbin is becoming nothing, Dolph gets no reaction from the crowd.......ta da Nakamura wins.

Matera is superior #3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back