FTA-TV Poor Experiences you have had with Australian "celebrities"

Remove this Banner Ad

Can understand how a guy isn't impressed with someone says they were a big fan but only when they were a kid.

It's a backhanded compliment.

Seen Pseudo Echo last year, couldn't go out afterwards cause of early work that morning, but a mate did and he seen them at the pub later and had drinks with them and said good things about then.

Sent from mTalk

In around 2002 a bunch of us were in a Perth CBD pub to watch the FA Cup Final. Someone from the 'band' that was in the second series of Popstars was there with some of his douchebag pop asia looking mates. Started trying to hang s**t on a friend who was from Singapore and looked like an easy person to pick on. We all turned on him, security kicked him out as it was easier to kick out him and his piss weak posse rather than a dozen football fans. As he was being lead out he yelled that we were just jealous because he getz all da ladieeeezz.

220px-Make_me_crazy_Scandal%27Us.jpg

The campaigner in the middle.

Managed to have a good and bad experience with the same celebrity. Was interviewing Vince Colosimo for some movie from years ago, but beforehand, he took a tour of the Dockers' facilities and I got to tag along. Big footy fan, he was very nice, easygoing, having a chat with everyone, myself included. Went to a restaurant to begin the interview and as soon it began, he clammed up, gave s**t answers, misinterpreted questions, just did everything to show he didn't want to be there. Kinda weird.

Managed to have a good and bad experience with the same celebrity. Was interviewing Vince Colosimo for some movie from years ago, but beforehand, he took a tour of the Dockers' facilities and I got to tag along. Big footy fan, he was very nice, easygoing, having a chat with everyone, myself included. Went to a restaurant to begin the interview and as soon it began, he clammed up, gave s**t answers, misinterpreted questions, just did everything to show he didn't want to be there. Kinda weird.
did he go missing for 5 minutes mid-tour to smoke a crack pipe?

Long time ago, but as a kid I was a huge golf fan and went to a heap of events with my dad, autograph book in tow.

My best and worst experience happened on the same day, with Greg Norman and Nick Faldo (who were #1 and #2 at the time).

Norman basically told me to * off, and stormed off with his entourage falling behind him.

Meanwhile Faldo, after trying and failing to get my pen to work, called out to me a couple of minutes later while being mobbed by other fans “There you are! I found one that works!” and then asking said mob to make way for me so I could get that signature first.

You don’t forget things like that.

Long time ago, but as a kid I was a huge golf fan and went to a heap of events with my dad, autograph book in tow.

My best and worst experience happened on the same day, with Greg Norman and Nick Faldo (who were #1 and #2 at the time).

Norman basically told me to **** off, and stormed off with his entourage falling behind him.

Meanwhile Faldo, after trying and failing to get my pen to work, called out to me a couple of minutes later while being mobbed by other fans “There you are! I found one that works!” and then asking said mob to make way for me so I could get that signature first.

This was at the 1996 Masters.

Norman basically told me to **** off, and stormed off with his entourage falling behind him.

He did it.....HISSSSSS WAYYYYY

Barry Humphries is an awful campaigner. He won't even open his own yoghurt pot, he just holds it out and waits for a staff member to do it for him. He doesn't ask either, just sticks it out in the air.

I like the bit how he detects Camberwell (VIC) being destroyed daily by planners from his residence in London

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geoffrey Rush must be one of the all time great actors and if I've seen him once, I've seen him a thousand times. Never spoke to him but my kids were pirates fans and he had a nice chat apparently (I wasnt there) But isn't that how it is here? They get to lead pretty much normal lives. I'm surprised any of them arc up much, it must be paradise compared to UK or USA

A surprising one: Pauline Hanson. Interviewed her over the phone once and she sounded intelligent, articulate, polite, etc. maybe I just got her on a good day.

A few guys from work raided a corporate box she was in for an AFL game, surprisingly she was awesome about it and took photos and everything too.

It's funny how people claim that celebrities are rude because they won't stop to chat or take a selfie with them while they're out in public just going about their business or having dinner in a restaurant, most people wouldn't be happy being pestered by other people like that especially if it happens all the time.
That's the price it costs them to be famous full stop.

Sam interviewed me for Street Talk too. He's funny and nice.

We ended up talking about the gym. Have nfi how we got to that topic.

John "Sammy" Newman is a great human being, and has a ton of brains, and what is portrayed on TV by Sam is his TV persona , nothing more or less. And those who get sucked in are top line fools, especially the politically correct media commentators.

First gen anti Asian Pauline or anti Muslim Revival Pauline?
Not about anti race , could be about religion, but mainly just about fear of a changing nation we are becoming , she does come out with some s**t, but she speaks like what some Aussies think, but won't say. I don't know if that's bad or good, but when you think your protecting something like you are being over run true or false, or out bought by foreign wealthy people , then sometimes you get a nasty sounding. I always think people who defend themselves or defend something else or someone else are always looked upon as the trouble.
I think they are sometimes the victim!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back