FTA-TV Poor Experiences you have had with Australian "celebrities"

Remove this Banner Ad

Managed to have a good and bad experience with the same celebrity. Was interviewing Vince Colosimo for some movie from years ago, but beforehand, he took a tour of the Dockers' facilities and I got to tag along. Big footy fan, he was very nice, easygoing, having a chat with everyone, myself included. Went to a restaurant to begin the interview and as soon it began, he clammed up, gave s**t answers, misinterpreted questions, just did everything to show he didn't want to be there. Kinda weird.
Kinda private?

Explain...
Well we were out at Billboards in 2005, ashamed as I am to admit I was there. We were chatting to a few girls that were connected to our group and he ended up joining the convo, though he wouldn’t initially acknowledge any of the blokes.

One mate went up to him and said ‘you’re the best jockey Australia’s ever turned out!’. He said ‘yeah I am, now f*** off.’ In the middle of this a group photo was taken on my phone, with him putting his arm around one of the girls, who was 19.

He promptly starts making out with said 19 year old so his ‘mates’ demand my phone so they can deal with the photo. I’m guessing his then wife wouldnt have been thrilled with it. Wasn’t keen to hand it over so I ditched them.

Later on we regrouped and discussed what a douche he was. Bumped into another mate who hadn’t been around us earlier who was absolutely drenched. We asked what happened. He said ‘Damien Oliver threw water in my face!’ We asked why. He had no idea.

Took his ticket at a sporting event a few months later when he was out with his family. A very different character then. Completely bizarre incident.

Last edited:
Well we were out at Billboards in 2005, ashamed as I am to adnit I was there. We were chatting to a few girls that were connected to our group and he ended up joining the convo, though he wouldn’t initially acknowledge any of the blokes.

One mate went up to him and said ‘you’re the best jockey Australia’s ever turned out!’. He said ‘yeah I am, now f*** off.’ In the middle of this a group photo was taken on my phone, with him putting his arm around one of the girls, who was 19.

He promptly starts making out with said 19 year old so his ‘mates’ demand my phone so they can deal with the photo. I’m guessing his then wife wouldnt have been thrilled with it. Wasn’t keen to hand it over so I ditched them.

Later on we regrouped and discussed what a douche he was. Bumped into another mate who hadn’t been around us earlier who was absolutely drenched. We asked what happened. He said ‘Damien Oliver threw water in my face!’ We asked why. He had no idea.

Took his ticket at a sporting event a few months later when he was out with his family. A very different character then. Completely bizarre incident.

the Oliver you see and hear on tv is completely different to the one in real life.
i was returning from a business trip around 10 years ago and was at the virgin baggage return at tullamrine which used to be downstairs and separate from the others. oliver was there with his wife and i think 2 kids at that stage. she was struggling with the very young kids, they were standing apart from each other. he picked up his bag and what looked like a suit bag, then promptly proceeded to walk off while i assumed his wife was left to pick up the other bags and deal with the kids. looked like a complete arrogant a-hole

Well we were out at Billboards in 2005, ashamed as I am to admit I was there. We were chatting to a few girls that were connected to our group and he ended up joining the convo, though he wouldn’t initially acknowledge any of the blokes.

Years ago way before he got married he was in a very casual relationship with a friend of mine. Anyway sometime during this time his brother took advantage of my friend if you're getting my drift . Ended up passing away. My friend told him later she didn't want to sleep with him anymore. Never heard from him again. Yeah. Not the nicest family.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We had Jeff Kennett speak at our school once and he was brilliant.

And same with Mark Robinson (but for different reasons lol)

As for the thread- no surprise but Tina Arena was a pill during her Young Talent Time days. My wokrmate saw her in a KFC in Moonee Ponds and she was cracking the shits she couldnt jump the line, something like that :D

Was Robbo sober when you met him?

John "Sammy" Newman is a great human being, and has a ton of brains, and what is portrayed on TV by Sam is his TV persona , nothing more or less. And those who get sucked in are top line fools, especially the politically correct media commentators.

I think of it this way.

Sam Newman is the Footy Show's resident clown.

John Newman is the one you see in public, and the one who is known by his friends and family. "Sam" is just a persona.

Matt Preston from Masterchef. What an absolute rude dickhead he was.

Matt makes me want to vomit each time I see him. Fat turd. He names each of his cravats. He's not even a chef. He's a 'food critic'.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back