Hawthorn - 20 flags by 2050

Who's closer to a flag, Geelong or Hawthorn?

• Hawthorn

Votes: 141 56.4%
  • Geelong

Votes: 109 43.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

It sure is
1455953282313.jpg

"because Hawthorn"

Last edited:
I have seen (in a loose sense) 13 flags in my lifetime from the hawks, 1 every 4 years, so we are due one in a year or two, and if that pattern keeps up then winning 20 by 2050 (32 years/4 = 8 flags) is doable. Hope I'm around to see it.

Unless you're a Hawks fan its pretty obvious that you had a great team and now you don't. Won't be winning anything for a long time. Will need a complete rebuild.

I have seen (in a loose sense) 13 flags in my lifetime from the hawks, 1 every 4 years, so we are due one in a year or two, and if that pattern keeps up then winning 20 by 2050 (32 years/4 = 8 flags) is doable. Hope I'm around to see it.
Let’s be honest, we’ll probably tick over 20 long before 2050.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im excited by the 2018 -2050 period for the Hawks. We all hope its like Hawthorns 1930-50 era
Of course you do, there would be nothing more painfull for you than a repeat of the 80s or another 13/14/15 or the one thing that sends a dagger to your heart more than anything in the history of mankind, the 2008 Grand Final.

Hawthorn are more likely to fold or merge by 2050, than they are to win 20 premierships.

Kennett has allready half relocated them on his last tenure, he has come back to finish the job.

Clarko is so far ahead of the pack. His buddies from Man United and Patriots have shown him that loading up with top end draft picks is a hit and miss affair. It's like AFL clubs want to bottom out and stay there for a while in order to build a successful team. What a shocking defeatist culture.

Once Mitchell, Hodge and Lewis are gone Hawks will hit rock bottom blah blah blah ..... we are witnessing the quickest rebuild in AFL history!

Hawthorn are more likely to fold or merge by 2050, than they are to win 20 premierships.

Kennett has allready half relocated them on his last tenure, he has come back to finish the job.
Youse Tiges supporters are up and about but when it is clear that youse are the Rick Astley of AFL history you’ll start spitting on Cotch soon enough

Youse Tiges supporters are up and about but when it is clear that youse are the Rick Astley of AFL history you’ll start spitting on Cotch soon enough

instead of getting personal why don't you focus on the facts.

The facts are that you have already partially relocated.

The facts are that Kennett was responsible for that decision

Fact is no one makes more money from pokies than the hawks, and this revenue stream is now under review.

Fact is, he is now back in charge and few more years out of the finals and he will get trigger happy

A gold coast hawthorn merger is more likely than 20 premierships by 2050.

Back