Player Watch Jordan De Goey

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why not the Media Manager - Stephen Reilly? IMO we don't need Ed in the news 24/7 - even though he likes to be
media manager is a flash name for the bloke in charge of Ed's diary.

I mean when you've got a guy that's as good on camera as Ed why not use him. As I said, nobody in Australian sport has more experience in dealing with the media so why not make use of it.

No, I want them to hit him with the maximum fine allowed under the EBA and Code of Conduct, both instruments he through his AFLPA affiliations has agreed to abide by.

Penalty seems excessive although there could be priors which swell the amount of the fine. The indefinite suspension is just ridiculous.

DeGoey (apparently) offered to make the $10k donation to charity, it wasn't something the club imposed.

You do realize that he will probably miss less games than a 4 week ban for example. If we impose a limit, we have to abide by it. This way he could be back as early as round one.

"Jordan can have a long career with Collingwood if he commits himself wholly to his football but he could also have a very short career if he doesn’t," Walsh said.

That's about the long and the short of it. Being a player is a privilege. Being selected to play even moreso.

Funny how some posters want us to be a 'ruthless' club on the field but throw the teddy out of the pram if the club comes down hard on indiscretions. Also the Dusty/Swannie defence is pretty weak.

I feel sorry for him if his contrition is genuine - he has probably made a dumb split-second decision and regrets it. Which is good for his soul. But you can't do that shit and not go unpunished. That's good for the soul to.

See ya in Round 13 and work hard.

Obviously quoting myself here but I reckon this could be more or less what we've done with the indefinite suspension.

I was just discussing this with a work colleague.

He could play Round 1 technically assuming:

- Works his ass off at training. First in, last out
- Hits his 4 weeks of working a real job with aplomb
- Attaches himself to a leader at the Club and shadows them for a month
- Is humble and apologetic in attitude around the club

I could potentially see that being the case.

At least I'm hoping so. He's too important to us for us to just ruin the start to our season again.

Way too heavy handed.

How is excluding him from the group meant to build trust?

T.Adams himself was a rat bag as a 18-21 ur old, multiple instances with the drink and fighting issues with police etc

People mature at different rates, wouldn’t be surprised if Jordan walks at the end of the year.

He is a lad who likes to party............IMO it is amateur hour by our Club.
Maybe the playing group wants more than a party boy, l do as a supporter.
One premiership in twenty years, time to get serious.

I dont want it both ways. Not sure where the personal laeve idea comes from.

Just want transgressions in their private lives to be dealt with like others are.

No excusing behaviour. I just have a much different idea about how much say employers should have in their employees lives than you. Its a real slippery slope to give them such entitlements.

So the club (employer) should not afford a player (employee) any support in his/her personal life?

Way too heavy handed.

How is excluding him from the group meant to build trust?

T.Adams himself was a rat bag as a 18-21 ur old, multiple instances with the drink and fighting issues with police etc

People mature at different rates, wouldn’t be surprised if Jordan walks at the end of the year.
He won't be driving

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rubbish decision by our Club today.........yeah that's right Jordan agreed to it all.

I’m feeling a bit let down as a member by the hierarchy of the club over this decision because in effect it’s a non-decision. It all seems harsh to read, but so much of it is just what standard behaviour should be for an AFL footballer that wants to get the most out of their career.

There isn’t much else to say other than don’t go blaming him if we lose early games where he could have had an influence. We were the masters of our own destiny and thus manufactured this outcome ourselves.

I'm not upset with this, he earns back the trust or he will be good trade bait come end of year. Two years in a row, F me!

Have to take him out of my Supercoach now

I thought it was fine. The breath test and fight last year were just the tip of the iceberg, from what I can tell. I just hope they make him do my job for a month. That'll sort him out...

worst job ever 1.png

worst job ever 2.png

"Jordan can have a long career with Collingwood if he commits himself wholly to his football but he could also have a very short career if he doesn’t," Walsh said.

That's about the long and the short of it. Being a player is a privilege. Being selected to play even moreso.

Funny how some posters want us to be a 'ruthless' club on the field but throw the teddy out of the pram if the club comes down hard on indiscretions. Also the Dusty/Swannie defence is pretty weak.

I feel sorry for him if his contrition is genuine - he has probably made a dumb split-second decision and regrets it. Which is good for his soul. But you can't do that shit and not go unpunished. That's good for the soul to.

See ya in Round 13 and work hard.

The same people who constantly bag Bucks. Thought they'd be happy he got suspended as they want us to lose so Bucks gets sacked. :cool:

Love the indefinite suspension. Gives both parties - DG and the club maximum flexibility.

D-G does everthing right he can still play round 1 (although unlikely). D-G doesnt pull his head in and the club and playing group say no thanks until he does.

Indefinite is not same as infinite.

media manager is a flash name for the bloke in charge of Ed's diary.

I mean when you've got a guy that's as good on camera as Ed why not use him. As I said, nobody in Australian sport has more experience in dealing with the media so why not make use of it.
Stephen Reilly was a serious journo - bit of a come down to a diary mngr - yes Ed can spin it better than anyone but he's got to pull back from the stuff managers do - eg is he still on the list mngt cttee ffs?

Or Jordan to learn and copy Blair’s * work ethic, behaviours, training, input, endeavour.

That would be a perfect outcome.
Work matched with talent. It’s a heady mix.

* around here I’m a total non Blair advocate; that said, I’d never ever doubt his work ethic.
There’s a message there somewhere; time to take heed young Jordan.
Blair again!

watching-you.png

edit. Beaten.

Suspended indefinitely sucks. But technically he could be ready for Round 1 too.

Getting kind of tired of the club cutting off it's own nose to spite it's face. I guess let's hope De Goey really is our Dustin Martin and turns it around to lead us to a flag.

Of course it also means round 1 is also on the table.

I’d certainly hope so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back