Pressure Gauge 2018

Which team is under the most pressure in 2018?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

GWS and Leon Cameron are both under the pump given the talent at their disposal. A premiership is critical to the AFLs western Sydney strategy.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the GWS start canvassing the likes of Clarkson if there is no premiership this year.

And why wouldn’t Clarko consider it before he drifts into retirement? He doesn’t have much to prove at the Hawks.

GWS and Leon Cameron are both under the pump given the talent at their disposal. A premiership is critical to the AFLs western Sydney strategy.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the GWS start canvassing the likes of Clarkson if there is no premiership this year.

And why wouldn’t Clarko consider it before he drifts into retirement? He doesn’t have much to prove at the Hawks.
Hmm the prove or proof is that he will create a dynasty or else a creation of people who will espouse his affections and creativity.

he seems to like talking to people and managing the situation and also creating a world of success and happiness.

Just can't deny that . :p

Collingwood has to be under a heap of pressure to make finals.

8 out of 18 do it each year so its not a Herculean task. To miss 5 years in a row by any club in this era of salary cap and drafting equality is actually quite dreadful.

Other than the Qld clubs, has any team missed finals 5 years straight since 2000?
We aren't under pressure, our coach is.

Saints will be under pressure. A full rebuild several years ago but theiyouth have t come on as yet. The coach might be the first to go if they don’t play finals in 1-2 years. A few teams that have began rebuilding 1-3 years ago might start to go past them. 2 already has in Essendon (although not a full rebuild - but handy concessions and leg ups after their infringements) and Melbourne (probably built at the same time but Roos is a more superior operator than Richardson hence the quicker development of the list). Carlton, Fremantle, Brisbane could easily go past saints in 2018 more likely 19. If they do saints will be in a lot of trouble. West coast and North (more likely) rebuilding as we speak of these two go past s**t will hit the fan.

Saints will be under pressure. A full rebuild several years ago but theiyouth have t come on as yet. The coach might be the first to go if they don’t play finals in 1-2 years. A few teams that have began rebuilding 1-3 years ago might start to go past them. 2 already has in Essendon (although not a full rebuild - but handy concessions and leg ups after their infringements) and Melbourne (probably built at the same time but Roos is a more superior operator than Richardson hence the quicker development of the list). Carlton, Fremantle, Brisbane could easily go past saints in 2018 more likely 19. If they do saints will be in a lot of trouble. West coast and North (more likely) rebuilding as we speak of these two go past s**t will hit the fan.
Melbourne began their rebuild when the Saints were playing in grannies..

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

Geelong is under great pressure, they believe they can win the flag.
Wait until about round 10 when reality sets in.
Scott will hopefully stay and coach for years to come.

Oliver
Petracca
Gawn
Viney
Hogan
Lever
Hibberd
Jetta
Garlett
Hunt
McDonald
Frost
Brayshaw
Tyson

14 guys I've listed in under a minute. The list is there. There are absolutely no more excuses. Missing will be a massive story, and the knives will be out and unfortunately there won't be any defending it.

Geelong, Port and GWS will be feeling it, as will the WB. Got to play finals the Dogs.
I think the problem with Melbourne is there was a rebuild before the rebuild. That builds pressure in itself.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the problem with Melbourne is there was a rebuild before the rebuild. That builds pressure in itself.
The problem with Melbourne is the coaching and administration between Daniher & Roos was absolutely incompetent and we couldn’t put any semblance of a decent football club together let alone a decent list. The rebuild was just a loose term used to save face publicly whilst we were imploding internally.

Port for me: Topped up with a lot of depth and will be a fail if theu dont finish Top 4

Geelong is similar but they have a bit more recent success so less pressure

I would argue Buckley is under more pressure than Collingwood

Port for me: Topped up with a lot of depth and will be a fail if theu dont finish Top 4

Geelong is similar but they have a bit more recent success so less pressure

I would argue Buckley is under more pressure than Collingwood
Agree...port have all thier eggs in a basket with a dodgy handle

Im liking the fact no one is expecting us to do too much this year, the fact that there isnt really any pressure either as the argument is we are rebuilding makes me happy as well. We have issues with our midfield but if 2 things happen;
1. Jaeger shows why we have invested so much in him
2. O rourke, Lovell Cousins and Impey have breakout years
Than there is absolutely no reason we cant make the 8. Both ends of the ground very strong and we are no longer a team that lacks pace. Interesting times.

Im liking the fact no one is expecting us to do too much this year, the fact that there isnt really any pressure either as the argument is we are rebuilding makes me happy as well. We have issues with our midfield but if 2 things happen;
1. Jaeger shows why we have invested so much in him
2. O rourke, Lovell Cousins and Impey have breakout years
Than there is absolutely no reason we cant make the 8. Both ends of the ground very strong and we are no longer a team that lacks pace. Interesting times.
I think some of your fans have actually quite high expectations

Collingwood aren't under pressure, the media will say we are but nah. We have a standard list and the worst coach in the AFL, if nobody is saying we'll make the eight, why are we under pressure to do so?
Very true, I don’t think the pies are under pressure at all as that list is not top 8 standard. Buckley maybe is under pressure if internally they think they should make finals and they don’t however really anywhere from 10th to 14th would be about right.

Very true, I don’t think the pies are under pressure at all as that list is not top 8 standard. Buckley maybe is under pressure if internally they think they should make finals and they don’t however really anywhere from 10th to 14th would be about right.
The media hype us up to suck in amateur fans who don't know any better when we don't achieve what the journos set out, so they can continue to publish stories, create chatter and earn revenue. I'm a frequent visitor on this site and I'm in a couple AFL groups on Facebook etc. Ladder predictions which have us top eight come once in every 50, ladder predictions with us in bottom four come once in every 5-10.

I think some of your fans have actually quite high expectations
With good reason were not as far off as many people think, the nucleus of our side is still quite good, we just need the depth to come to the party this year, thats the difference to finishing say 12th as opposed to finishing 7th-8th.

Of course they do, otherwise all the off field and pre season changes would be pointless and they'd be sitting on their hands making no change and hoping in embarrassing desperation for improvement while beating their chest "We're Collingwood" like the last 4 years.

Without going back thru 12 pages...why are the crows under pressure?
Why I picked Adelaide in the poll was because they blew arguably an unblowable chance in the Grand Final, and since many expect Richmond to have a Bulldogs style premiership hangover this puts Adelaide in the box seat for flag. It's premiership or bust this year for the Crows, and with the addition of Gibbs, they should be able to do it, so if they don't I'll be surprised. Also after the didn't make the Grand Final in 2012 despite finishing 2nd, they shelled out and missed the finals the next year if I'm not mistaken.

Back