Unofficial Preview 2018 AFL Round 1 - Melbourne vs Geelong, Sunday March 25th, MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

And while I'm at it, David the Cat catempire dazbroncos can you guys get rid of this racist pig? We already put up with enough through the whole Varcoe situation, do we really have to keep tolerating the same crap from the same racist person?

We need to be careful throwing around labels on a poster that as far as I can tell on cursory glance, cannot be substantiated on recent postings. IF you have some evidence of racist postings then PM them to me and they will be investigated further, and if substantiated, action will be taken. We do not tolerate racist taunts on this board.

With respect to Meto...I had many serious verbal disagreements with him over Varcoe for a significant period. More than others on this board I'd suggest. While I vehemently disagreed with him on Varcoe, and found his personal attacks on TV abhorrent and at times even repulsive, and said so in the strongest terms a number of times, I never supported the contention that his dislike of Travis was racially based....and said so at the time. You may disagree with me but that was the position I took and we will have to agree to disagree.

I'll raise the issue with the other Mods directly.

We need to be careful throwing around labels on a poster that as far as I can tell on cursory glance, cannot be substantiated on recent postings. IF you have some evidence of racist postings then PM them to me and they will be investigated further, and if substantiated, action will be taken. We do not tolerate racist taunts on this board.

With respect to Meto...I had many serious verbal disagreements with him over Varcoe for a significant period. More than others on this board I'd suggest. While I vehemently disagreed with him on Varcoe, and found his personal attacks on TV abhorrent and at times even repulsive, and said so in the strongest terms a number of times, I never supported the contention that his dislike of Travis was racially based....and said so at the time. You may disagree with me but that was the position I took and we will have to agree to disagree.

I remember those days well I never thought there was any racist comments or undertone.

I remember those days well I never thought there was any racist comments or undertone.

Thank you....I know we didnt hold the same view on TV but I appreciate your post YPO....and your confirmation of my recalling of events. :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

I've said my piece. Thanks for the reply.

I'll rase the issue with the other Mods directly.

DTC, nothing l mentioned was of a personal nature, only playing form which was the sole context of my posts as you can clearly see.
Thanks for the fair response, YPO as well.

Last edited:
DTC, nothing l mentioned was of a personal nature, only playing form which was the sole context of my posts as you can clearly see.
Thanks for the fair response, YPO as well.
don’t stress, some real idiots on this board - criticizing an indigenous player isn’t racist (but parfitt is much better than murdoch tbh). s**t effort from the mods ITT tho

don’t stress, some real idiots on this board - criticizing an indigenous player isn’t racist (but parfitt is much better than murdoch tbh). s**t effort from the mods ITT tho
You're as clueless as your name suggests you stupid idiot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From a krock article:

Big man Rhys Stanley could also line-up against the Demons after scans on his calf also showed a low-grade strain.

Can someone kick him in the calf to make sure he stays injured
We really shouldn't be risking stanley, give him a good 6-7 months of recovery to have him raring to go.

Hi, as another who repeatedly clashed with Meto over Varcoe, I'd like to add a couple of thoughts. I generally find his posts quite good when on the footy itself. And if he wants to call Varcoe soft after watching the last quarters of 2009 and 2011 GF's, then I cant help him. Its the linking of 'lazy' to indigenous players that crosses the line for me in terms of being racist. I had been involved in a long running dispute on the Collingwood board last year when Kayle Kirby was drafted. I have know Kayle since he was 3, and he is a terrific kid. He came back from his first xmas overweight (18 yo from a town of 30 people in Melb for the first time, got home for xmas and basically was trying to process all the attention from being at Collingwood). The torents of racist abuse then (lazy, gone walkabout, too much turtle) crossed the line for me. I'm OK that some fans were disappopinted, and he took his extra work, got fit, nearly won the goal kicking in the VFL and played the last round of the year in the Seniors - cue more love and less racist stuff because they realise he can play and works hard. But I found a lot of support from the Collingwood board as well, and general agreement that its OK to ping someone for being unfit (their job is to be fit and look after themselves). I really found a good reasoned debate except for a few not getting that line, and for me it is assuming all indigenous players are somehow lazy or mentally weak.

Not sure this helps but I think its a pretty clear and fair line to follow as to what is racist when it comes to indigenous players.

Given the low-grade nature of Danger's hamstring injury, and working on the presumption he plays Rd 1, seems like a prefect opportunity to play him at FF.
Which is where I think we'll see him stationed.

A forward line of Hawkins, Menzel and Dangerfield is scary good.

Hi, as another who repeatedly clashed with Meto over Varcoe, I'd like to add a couple of thoughts. I generally find his posts quite good when on the footy itself. And if he wants to call Varcoe soft after watching the last quarters of 2009 and 2011 GF's, then I cant help him. Its the linking of 'lazy' to indigenous players that crosses the line for me in terms of being racist. I had been involved in a long running dispute on the Collingwood board last year when Kayle Kirby was drafted. I have know Kayle since he was 3, and he is a terrific kid. He came back from his first xmas overweight (18 yo from a town of 30 people in Melb for the first time, got home for xmas and basically was trying to process all the attention from being at Collingwood). The torents of racist abuse then (lazy, gone walkabout, too much turtle) crossed the line for me. I'm OK that some fans were disappopinted, and he took his extra work, got fit, nearly won the goal kicking in the VFL and played the last round of the year in the Seniors - cue more love and less racist stuff because they realise he can play and works hard. But I found a lot of support from the Collingwood board as well, and general agreement that its OK to ping someone for being unfit (their job is to be fit and look after themselves). I really found a good reasoned debate except for a few not getting that line, and for me it is assuming all indigenous players are somehow lazy or mentally weak.

Not sure this helps but I think its a pretty clear and fair line to follow as to what is racist when it comes to indigenous players.
I found out early that with internet forums it's not always what is written that is wrong it can be more how I interpret it that can be the problem,if you are coming from one perspective and not open minded you can really misjudge the intent.And try not to get emotionally involved.

Last edited:

Thanks for the support, it's only right me acknowledge that so much appreciated.
Saw you copped abuse for doing it too, shouldn't be allowed.

Given the low-grade nature of Danger's hamstring injury, and working on the presumption he plays Rd 1, seems like a prefect opportunity to play him at FF.

Agree with the FF suggestion
Can't recall this amount of players under an injury cloud who could potentially selected - Danger , Stanley , Ablett , Cockatoo, Gregson and Menegola :eek:
Could end up with 16 on the field in the 2nd quarter :)

By the look of the likes your post attracted I might be the odd one out here,but if he's not right to play his midfield role then I'd put him on ice for the extra 8 days and bring him back on Easter Monday,it's rd1 no need to take that risk with your trump card.

By the look of the likes your post attracted I might be the odd one out here,but if he's not right to play his midfield role then I'd put him on ice for the extra 8 days and bring him back on Easter Monday,it's rd1 no need to take that risk with your trump card.
I'd rather he played FF when fully fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back