Mod. Notice Depressed? Anxious? Call Beyond Blue (1300 224636), Lifeline (131114), resources in OP

Remove this Banner Ad

Could the really bad sinus issues I experience every day simply be anxiety, because I keep getting told I’m fine, but certainly don’t feel it.
It's simply a matter of a sinus scan if you think you're sinuses are playing up pretty bad. When you have ongoing physical symptoms mixed with mental symptoms, it's best to do a general health check also.

I sometimes wonder if I’ll ever feel my normal self again sadly.
All I wanted to do was get back to the person I was before this s**t,it took me 2 yrs to work out that person is long gone(everyone's different),ive now just trying to have small wins everyday and having a couple things each day to look forward too,what stops me falling in a heap is a 1hr combat DVD which although I don't enjoy much at the time it gives me a buzz and makes me feel good about myself.

All I wanted to do was get back to the person I was before this s**t,it took me 2 yrs to work out that person is long gone(everyone's different),ive now just trying to have small wins everyday and having a couple things each day to look forward too,what stops me falling in a heap is a 1hr combat DVD which although I don't enjoy much at the time it gives me a buzz and makes me feel good about myself.
My goal is to 100% be myself again. I won’t stop till I am

Interesting that threads like this exist yet when you are abused online you report the post and it doesnt get deleted.

Edit: not only that but if you ask for help from mod they ignore you and then join in.

Last edited:
I need help

I'm sorry you're having such a hard time mate. Seeking help is nothing to be underestimated, it's a sign of real strength and that is no cliche.

Have you been able to seek help yet? As someone who volunteers for Lifeline I can tell you it can really, really help in your worst moments.

I'm sorry you're having such a hard time mate. Seeking help is nothing to be underestimated, it's a sign of real strength and that is no cliche.

Have you been able to seek help yet? As someone who volunteers for Lifeline I can tell you it can really, really help in your worst moments.
Had a bad night last night. Feeling alright today so that’s a positive

Had a bad night last night. Feeling alright today so that’s a positive
Having you been seeking help via GP/counseling of late? You should only use online advice as a stop-gap measure. There is no better method of help than counseling where someone can see and/or hear you in person. It's hard to for anyone of us to understand the seriousness of anyone's mental state from just a bunch of words online.

Just finished moving from 1 place to another(sort of). For the past month have driven up from Brisbane to mackay, to pack a house up. On Thursday hire a truck and drove from Brisbane, packed the house up and droveBack down to unload it in a storage facility. Past 3 days over 2000 km only company being ABC radio and own thoughts. Feeling absolutely exhausted. Spending rest of Easter on the Gold Coast just chilling!

I feel sometimes I have really no one to talk too. I moved pretty far away from my friends and family, and my wife and I live really close to all of her family.

Her family are super close and they come over a fair bit and fix stuff around the house, do washing, clean stuff, rearrange stuff. That doesn’t sit we’ll with me cause I should be “the man” of the house but every time I say something to my wife, she always takes her family’s side... honestly makes me feel like s$&t, useless and a zero.

We had a big fight and she stormed off, drove two minutes and was surrounded by all of her family... I, had nothing. No one to talk to or anything. Lucky the footy was on haha but yeah never felt so alone. I got really drunk that night, not proud of it but sometimes I feel that’s the only answer.

Just needed to get that off my chest. Feels better, even if it’s just writing on a big footy board

Long time reader of this thread, first time poster, which has taken some courage.
Admire everything I've read on this thread over time.

I'm struggling with my own thoughts and mind recently.
I'm seeking initial counselling at the moment and have begun talking to friends and peers about what I'm struggling with.
My struggle has happened due to a broken relationship that meant a lot to me.
Any advice or thoughts on how to handle an event that has caused me to implode.
In these early stages, talking isn't doing a lot of good.

Quick question bit of a 180 from last time I posted, but I’m in a very good place now for a variety of reasons. In relation to going off antidepressants can you just stop them or is it best to consult with a gp to tamper off
Whenever you go on or off meds, it's always best policy to discuss with the GP. It will depend on your other medical conditions or other medications you might be taking, so everyone will react differently if stopping things suddenly.
BigFooty shouldn't be your GP substitute mate! :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Long time reader of this thread, first time poster, which has taken some courage.
Admire everything I've read on this thread over time.

I'm struggling with my own thoughts and mind recently.
I'm seeking initial counselling at the moment and have begun talking to friends and peers about what I'm struggling with.
My struggle has happened due to a broken relationship that meant a lot to me.
Any advice or thoughts on how to handle an event that has caused me to implode.
In these early stages, talking isn't doing a lot of good.
Sometimes only time will be the only solution. As they say, only time can mend a broken heart. If you can muster some strength in you, then doing some level of activity or exercise is a good way of venting, keeping the mind healthier, and you don't need to talk too much when you're being active. Going to the gym or picking a sport to play is good for basic stress problems.
If you don't feel like talking or not in the mood to do anything at all, then it's time to bring you butt to the GP and have a good spill, and let them work out what else can be done (for you).

Had a s**t couple of days
My narcissistic ex still has that hold
I stand up to her and fire back when it's too much and then get called an abuser
Then I get all upset and an emotional wreck and around we go again
She still has that hold and I still let her
I'm so frightened of her that I feel sometimes that power she has over me will be forever

I stand up to her and fire back when it's too much and then get called an abuser
I'm so frightened of her that I feel sometimes that power she has over me will be forever

I hope everything will be okay mate! I'm here to talk to if you need? Same with everybody on here!

Stay strong! I think just

Quick question bit of a 180 from last time I posted, but I’m in a very good place now for a variety of reasons. In relation to going off antidepressants can you just stop them or is it best to consult with a gp to tamper off

If you need any advice re: medication, please go to a doctor. It's safest for you to consult a professional.

They don't listen at all mate
They must listen. My only thought for you to put into context the severity of how you feel and the pain it brings. If you have close friends and family - triangulate with them to ensure they see the severity. If she does not step up.....then this is a problem. My wife is so fantastic but when I went through my worst stages, she did not have the capacity to understand the severity of the problem. It took a number of attempts before the penny dropped. Once it dropped she was fantastic and would do anything required. But it takes some real open and honest conversation to bring it all out...

good luck fellas

If you feel that, it will be that way. Envision a life without her having power over you and take small steps to ensure that's happens.

Break her hold over you. Don't wait for her to stop controlling you, you control you. You have to find ways to Be strong, not some of the time, but all of the time.

Only you can do it.

I'm losing faith in my shrink big time. Not really feeling any benefit after 7 sessions.

Anyhow, earlier today she was advocating Traditional Chinese Medicine and Homeopathy.

Has anybody had any experience with either of these? I've always considered Homeopathy to be utter crap but I must keep an open mind - drowning men clutch at straws.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back