VFL Round 3 - Collingwood vs Essendon at Victoria Park (Pies WON 106-78! Replay links in OP! #DonsIrked)

Remove this Banner Ad

Too slow to all be playing in the. Same position at the same time. I thought wills and sier struggled at times today. But it’s awesone to have some big midfielders at the club.
Think Degoey and sier are quick enough. Sier needs to back himself more in taking the game on. If does he will be fine

Garry shaw
Adrian macadam
Butch Edwards
Geoff Raines
Peter Eakins
He's still got a bit of time granted but that's a top 5

Gerard Healy.... didn't we also draft Tim Watson at 1 stage.

Garry shaw
Adrian macadam
Butch Edwards
Geoff Raines
Peter Eakins
He's still got a bit of time granted but that's a top 5
I thought Peter Eakins was worth the money just for his looks.
He was my favourite eye candy in 1970.

He was a Carlton rookie last year.
He grew up barracking for Carlton and idolised Ang Christou.

Ang Christou was a mad Pies supporter.

The Lynch/McLarty combination is AFL quality, thought they clearly had the better of Leunberger.

I think a lot of said about McLarty and enough said, but Lynch looks a beauty too...
Not sure where he fits long term though.

Leuenberger dominated the 1st quarter and not sure either Lynch or McLarty had a hitout to clear advantage the entire game against him. They were certainly more dynamic once the footy hit the ground though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd love to see Wills lay one of those tackles on Dusty next week, just sayin'!

Wills isn't good enough.
He's big and he may lay a tackle but he has no weapons that excite you for a mid.
He is a poor kick, isn't damaging by hand to create for runners, can't really go forward and take a mark and is slow.

Sier has gone past him and looks to have far more tricks up his sleeve.

Guys like Wells, Fas, Sier, Daicos are all well ahead of him for any opportunities at senior level.

I rode to the ground with my two boys today.....that was an experience o_O

In the second quarter Wells set up an amazing goal..........I tried to explain to my boys that the best players make their teammates go to the right spots with their kicks.

Wells kicked it 50 into a dangerous spot without his teammate even asking for it..........I love s**t like that.
My boys didn't understand my excitement or explanation but it was beautiful to watch all the same.

It's great that our seniors have pressure from the VFL boys for their place in the team.

He was yapping at one of the Essendon big guys
That was Laverde after he turned the ball over and Gallucci kicked a goal, then Laverde stuffed his set shot at the other end iirc.

That was Laverde after he turned the ball over and Gallucci kicked a goal, then Laverde stuffed his set shot at the other end iirc.

I saw that when Levarde Missed it.

Galluci was there in a Second and Told him all about it

I know Wills is a board favourite but I'm not sure he's going to make it. He doesn't seem to get to the right spots and so for a mid has pretty low numbers and when he does get it he's okay but not outstanding with his usage. Yes he can tackle but so can Sier who is also a beast-sized mid but seems to be more creative with his touches. At VFL level Wills should be really standing out but he's not. I think a lot of his fans are seduced by his size but as I constantly proclaim to my wife, "size isn't everything". Sier on the other hand I can really see coming along as well as Daics and McLarty. They looked the real deal today.

I know Wills is a board favourite but I'm not sure he's going to make it. He doesn't seem to get to the right spots and so for a mid has pretty low numbers and when he does get it he's okay but not outstanding with his usage. Yes he can tackle but so can Sier who is also a beast-sized mid but seems to be more creative with his touches. At VFL level Wills should be really standing out but he's not. I think a lot of his fans are seduced by his size but as I constantly proclaim to my wife, "size isn't everything". Sier on the other hand I can really see coming along as well as Daics and McLarty. They looked the real deal today.
Wills is still pretty early on the road back from injury. I would not put a line through him yet.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back