Autopsy Geelong loses to Sydney by 17 points at KP

Remove this Banner Ad

No fun.
Need to get through a game without being down in rotations. It’s taking a toll. Played poorly for most of the game but everyone just hit the wall in the last quarter. Skills disappeared and we cannot be that bad.
Didn’t think the swans played that well either but they certainly had more run in the last 30 minutes.
Danger, Selwood, Duncan -all average today, and they are our good players. Duncan’s disposal so poor and he is the one who usually links up and hits a target.
Young guys good in patches.
Regroup and get ready for hard game next week, and the week after and so on. Doesn’t it all look tough after that performance. A week is a long time in footy.

Last edited:
Wow what a disgusting last quarter.
Stanley is just a non player, doesn’t seem to even really try and yet continues to get a game even though the opponents ruckman has dominated. It’s like watching Groundhog Day on repeat!
Zuthrie was a strange inclusion considering he has been really badly out of form since the Hawks game, who would have thought that game might have wrecked his confidence!
Thurlow was once a lovely kick but has been butchering it of late, another who is horribly out of form.
Kennedy dominates the last quarter yet no one is sent to him to try and stop him, kind of like when Sam Mitchell used to smash us every time but yet nothing was ever tried or changed.
And absolutely no pressure whatsoever in the last, every player stood off their opponent instead of trying to close them down!
After last weeks effort that was a massive let down as we know the team has it in them but they just don’t do it consistently under Scott!

The rudimentary evidence doesn't read well ... big dust up at three q time ...and we then go the way of a puddle of water on a hot day...

Yes we have some young guys .. but we wasted the chances we had.. all these little times that we blew a chance to stem the flow. Even in the last.. after two great marks.. we just frittered it away..like we can develop enough chances that its unimportant to make the most of it.

Ohh what a flash back today is... to the fun of getting beaten after being 40 odd points up , a flash back to not being able to trust the club when it counts... to a club that turns its toes up when it gets tough.

How CScott thought 4 V6 was a good idea.. I'll never work out.

At 3 qtr time i was thinking about how good my weekend is going to be, maybe the cats players did the same?

We really missed having no ghs or scooter type to quell kennedy and help the others get some clearances. Parfitt out hurt there as well.

Baffled why crameri didn't get a run.
Fogarty was good but went missing as did parsons big time.
Kelly is an absolute gun, please keep him, lock him in.

People need to relax a bit for mine. Yes, big missed opportunity, but super young side. They’ll learn a lot from it. Our leaders (sel, danger, Duncan) let us down in the end; how they let Kennedy get off the chain like that in the last I’ll never know. But these losses happen with young teams; sure ain’t the end of the world. This exposure to big games and big moments will stand them and us in great stead when we start getting some more senior players back.

Scotts Presser

Journo: tough game today Scotty

Scott: it was but i thought we played really well in parts, big pat on the back to Stanley and Thurlow as i thought they were excellent, as was Zuthrie, his 4 possession game was exactly why we bought him into the side, mission accomplished

Haha I read the Stanley bit and thought it was real for a second. You had me going until the Zuthrie 4 posessions bit :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not entirely sure you can put much of it on Scott though, or else you'd put it on Bomber aswell.
I'd put it on the entire club, top to bottom.
Scott could have put a man back, or sent a hard tag to Kennedy, or sent someone to Hewett to break his tag on Selwood.
He could have played the bigger bodied Crameri when it was obvious Sydney were undersized. He could have picked Smith instead of Stanley. He could have dragged Parsons when he shirked that contest
He could have played Menzel ( I don’t believe he’s injured, just sore) he could have played Ablett instead of being over cautious, he could have gotten games into Gardner by now instead of persisting with Zuthrie and Thurlow.......but he’s done NONE of these things.
He’s a crab......we will never win another flag under him.

The whole "the lengthy injury list is a blessing in disguise, look at all the kids we're developing" narrative is and always was totally absurd. This isn't a development year. We going for a premiership now, and a slight uptick in the development of our kids isn't going to matter if our injuries mean we don't win enough games to capitalise on that accelerated development this year.

Injuries and inexperience is absolutely killing us.

It's irrelevant to the result but I hate how we give the player that's just taken a mark an extra 5m. Every other team, especially with a vocal home crowd, press the mark for a turn even. But no, not us, we give them an extra 5m and then thet chip the ball and we do it again. So frustrating

People need to relax a bit for mine. Yes, big missed opportunity, but super young side. They’ll learn a lot from it. Our leaders (sel, danger, Duncan) let us down in the end; how they let Kennedy get off the chain like that in the last I’ll never know. But these losses happen with young teams; sure ain’t the end of the world. This exposure to big games and big moments will stand them and us in great stead when we start getting some more senior players back.

Great post. It’d be good if people also stopped with this Stanley hate too. He did some good things today and made some mistakes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back