Autopsy Geelong loses to Sydney by 17 points at KP

Remove this Banner Ad

Cause we're such little clever clogs with our sneaky tricks.
How Guthrie keeps getting selected beggars belief. He's won't make it.

Gregson isnt an Afl player, he should have been in the reserves and earnt his spot since he has does sweet fa since coming back from injury.

I know mate, but try telling some of the ninkumpoops on here!
They wear rose coloured glasses all the time, especially with this bloke whose done nothing.

Why?

he was one of our better players and tackled well
Lol.

He was a liability again.

Bye hey, he laid a couple of tackles, Chris.

I left Avalon airport 22 points up, just touched town in Sydney and see a 17 point loss. WTF!!
Yeah we got outplayed and out coached in the last quarter by a tougher team, anything other than that is bullshit.

Unlucky, I don't know how to not sound offensive, but we had no right to win this game with only 3 players 190cm onfield. We got very lucky and now I've got to listen to uninformed BS swans supporters telling me Longmire is a master coach when he isn't. not manning up the loose defender for two quarters and our scoring drying up in that time is not master coaching. It was back luck in the end for you guys with the injury and a few misses by Hawkins and others.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unlucky, I don't know how to not sound offensive, but we had no right to win this game with only 3 players 190cm onfield. We got very lucky and now I've got to listen to uninformed BS swans supporters telling me Longmire is a master coach when he isn't. not manning up the loose defender for two quarters and our scoring drying up in that time is not master coaching. It was back luck in the end for you guys with the injury and a few misses by Hawkins and others.

8 players out...very inexperienced team. No big surprise.

You were better and tougher when it mattered; we didn't deserve to win.

How Guthrie keeps getting selected beggars belief. He's won't make it.
I really can't believe it. I instantly knew we were gonna lose as soon as he came in cause I knew we just didn't give a s**t.
His Dad is real matey with people at the club and CS loves the family so it's the only reason I can see how they both get games no matter what.
I think he can make it but needs 2 years in the VFL to develop like Bews, Hamling etc.
We knew he was a long term prospect.

Bullshit.
Why denigrate a great win?

No. Thats bullshit.

Stanley won ruck contests fair and square.

This loss is on the mids who lost the clearances when they mattered. Flat footed, slow and no strength at the contest.

Its been happening for far too long now and it needs to be addressed.

Clearances: Geelong 33 - Sydney 51

Centre
Clearances: Geelong 5 - Sydney 16

Contested
Possessions: Geelong 157 - Sydney 149

Hit Outs: Geelong 50 - Sydney 42

Hitouts - Geelong.png Hitouts - Swans.png

With the outs and the injury list you could somewhat forgive the result, but to see the complete breakdown in the last was very frustrating. In the position we were in we should have been able to grind away to a win. We didn’t offer much resistance at all, and seemingly without Scott Selwood we don’t appear to be able to stop teams waltzing it out.

In the positive we have a few handy players out, whether we can ever get something near our theoretical best 22 on the park is another thing. Menzel, Parfitt, C. Guthrie, Ablett, Taylor, Cocky, Smith & McCarthy would all be very handy.

The Smith thing continues to baffle, more and more thinking that something else is going on off-field there. Can someone start a rumour to flush the truth out?

Scans on Parfitt foot showed something - nothing conclusive - but enough to not push it. Thus Parfitt out. Not ruling out hotspot but didnt clear anything up there. My guess is 2-4 weeks to rest it - and thats only my guess

GO Catters

Remove this Banner Ad

Back