Autopsy Geelong loses to Sydney by 17 points at KP

Remove this Banner Ad

Disagree with everything you say, Taylor is not cooked and Henderson is our best tall defender. Losing both has been astronomical, as they provided a lot of intercept marking and a marking option from kick outs.

Gaz is one of the greatest players of all time so to say he isn’t missed is stupidity.

Guthrie is a good player, cockatoo is a genuine star in the making and his impact when fit is massive.

Menzel Parfitt scooter are big outs.

It’s Basically 8/18 starting on the field gone. Then the players we bring in to replace them are not up to it or anywhere near the same standard.

The effects have caught up to us.
Have to agree to disagree. I think if those 2 tall defenders and Guthrie don't come back we can win the flag.
As long as those 3 players I mentioned can play most games and be fit come finals.
Cocky would be great but it's unrealistic to expect him to play many games.
Unpopular opinion I know but I think we're a better team without Gaz.

Seriously what do we get or learn from the Zuthrie inclusion we don't already know?
Last 2 games 6 and now 4 disposals.

Could say similar for Gregson really not good enough atm.
I thought Gregson forward pressure was good. Guthrie looking at the player in the goal square other than the ball was putrid and will be omitted for that.

True mate but I’m not sure who else we can play. Smith is apparently shocking in the VFL and whole sav is brilliant in the ruck he can’t run out the whole game there yet.

Smith >>>>>>>> Stanley
The thing with form, is that it’s fleeting. In Stanley’s case, about 30 minutes.
Smith’s form slump can be turned around. Stanley’s perpetual shitness is here to stay

that stat is absolutely damning.
You think we are that poor? It tells me we were stuffed from being one down for virtually a whole game. It’s no excuse but it’s the reality-it impacts. Especially when our best guys are not quite right, we have too many players out and our young guys are still inexperienced.

You think we are that poor? It tells me we were stuffed from being one down for virtually a whole game. It’s no excuse but it’s the reality-it impacts. Especially when our best guys are not quite right, we have too many players out and our young guys are still inexperienced.

We more or less had our best midfield combo (given that the MC refuse to play Smith) in the centre square in the last quarter romeohwho, and yet they were unable to stem the bleeding at all. It was as meek an effort from our midfield group as I've seen in some time.

Smith >>>>>>>> Stanley
The thing with form, is that it’s fleeting. In Stanley’s case, about 30 minutes.
Smith’s form slump can be turned around. Stanley’s perpetual shitness is here to stay
Arrogant coach, dumb players.

It’s amazing how many mediocre ruckmen play the best game of their life against Stanley.....
The flog wasn’t even competing in the end.
If these blokes are fair dinkum, Stanley, Parsons (shirked it when it mattered) Gregson, Zuthrie and Thurlow all go out next week. Weak as piss!!!!

^^^^^ This

Yes Parsons short stepped a few times when it mattered- weak as piss !!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was complaining about Gregson 9 possessions did kick a goal, but is that really sufficient?

Nope, it's not. Gregson rarely does 'enough' to justify his spot.
His pace helps him provide some pressure, but he just doesn't get enough of the ball.
Finding a replacement is the issue; happy to give Jones a run in his place though.

None of this maps on to reality. Our record in close games and our record leading at three quarter time under Joel Selwood's leadership is insanely good.
And what about our insanely bad finals record? Or is he only responsible for good things?

Sent from my XT1572 using Tapatalk

It’s amazing how many mediocre ruckmen play the best game of their life against Stanley.....
The flog wasn’t even competing in the end.
If these blokes are fair dinkum, Stanley, Parsons (shirked it when it mattered) Gregson, Zuthrie and Thurlow all go out next week. Weak as piss!!!!
I agree with you now, Parsons is too soft.

We more or less had our best midfield combo (given that the MC refuse to play Smith) in the centre square in the last quarter romeohwho, and yet they were unable to stem the bleeding at all. It was as meek an effort from our midfield group as I've seen in some time.
What’s equally damning is Kennedy was running amok and Hewett had completely shut Selwood down with a hard tag.
At no stage did Scott attempt to rectify it. He didn’t even try the bandaid approach by dropping a man back in defence.
He’s clueless.....he just sits on his hands and pulls stupid faces while sides get run ons against us.

Have to agree to disagree. I think if those 2 tall defenders and Guthrie don't come back we can win the flag.
As long as those 3 players I mentioned can play most games and be fit come finals.
Cocky would be great but it's unrealistic to expect him to play many games.
Unpopular opinion I know but I think we're a better team without Gaz.
I think I'd like to see Gaz as predominately as a forward...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back