Autopsy Geelong loses to Sydney by 17 points at KP

Remove this Banner Ad

Who? I’ll tell you now if you include Joel Selwood in on that I’ll preemptively call bullshit now.
I'd call him a good leader. Even very good at times. But not a great one. Can call what you want. The way we have collectively gone down like a bag of s**t time and time again like this from 2012 on speaks for itself.

Sent from my XT1572 using Tapatalk

You'd think someone would tell Parsons he's expected (or paid) to kick a goal from 30m out, NOT pass to a double manned Dangerfield 15m away. The distance from goal is deceiving on replay (QTR 1) but in front of my nose at the ground, had to be glad he played on to a gimme goal. Stupid decision maker, light weight and a front runner. Please replace.
I’ve never seen anyone at this level get so many cheap games. It’s just insane

What's CS's fixation with 4 disposal Zuthrie.
I just don't get it when will they learn?

Another Defender, when Menzel + Parfitt were out? :huh:

Shame Crameri or Constable weren't given a game, couldn't have worsened the result :(

K-Rock saying the players were really down and disappointed after the game said the rooms were very quiet and they were all upset at the loss.
But hey a few smiled after the game on the ground so they obviously don't care if they win or lose
Well it their day job. I'm sure plenty of people have crap days at work and still are able to have a laugh. As sad as this result is, it was not just the players doing. It was easy to see early that Sydney were getting some favours.

I don't think that. I think we're making to much of the injuries.
Our defence looks more balanced than it has for years and Taylor is cooked anyway + Henderson goes to water when we're not playing well.
Better off without Guthrie.
Cocky has never played enough to miss him. Ditto Linc.
Our pressure and tackle numbers go way up without Gaz.
Menzel was by far our biggest loss today, followed by Parfitt then Scooter.

Totally agree. In this game now the world has moved and we haven’t quite yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Our defence looks more balanced than it has for years and Taylor is cooked anyway + Henderson goes to water when we're not playing well.

Disagree with everything you say, Taylor is not cooked and Henderson is our best tall defender. Losing both has been astronomical, as they provided a lot of intercept marking and a marking option from kick outs.

Gaz is one of the greatest players of all time so to say he isn’t missed is stupidity.

Guthrie is a good player, cockatoo is a genuine star in the making and his impact when fit is massive.

Menzel Parfitt scooter are big outs.

It’s Basically 8/18 starting on the field gone. Then the players we bring in to replace them are not up to it or anywhere near the same standard.

The effects have caught up to us.

Doesn't take a genius to see that Stanley was killed, desperately need Smith in... Just echoing the same here.

We lack defensive pressure in the midfield. We either get the ball or we lose it badly.

Gregson was delivering the ball nicely inside 50, but I have to admit, when the ball is in the contest, he is too easily brushed aside. Bigger bodies against him will win most of the time in the contest.

That loss hurts, and you can basically say Top 4 is kissed goodbye. We are starting to look like NM the season after their two Prelims.

Quite a few players could be dropped after this round, but not sure if anyone's ready to go in the side.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

K-Rock saying the players were really down and disappointed after the game said the rooms were very quiet and they were all upset at the loss.
But hey a few smiled after the game on the ground so they obviously don't care if they win or lose
Pffft propaganda after a loss nothing more and nothing less

They sure looked devastated after the loss :rolleyes:

Shame Crameri or Constable weren't given a game, couldn't have worsened the result :(
Crameri not getting a game with both Menzel and Parfitt out is unforgivable. But not out of character when you consider Gardner has played a single game in a depleted defence at the other end of the ground.
We don’t even pay recognises see ruckman ffs.
Just so many selection errors across so many lines. It’s amateur hour

Is there any way I can blame Guthrie, Parsons, Gregson or Murdoch for those centre clearance stats?
No way lol It was all because Menzel laid zero tackles ;)

I'd call him a good leader. Even very good at times. But not a great one. Can call what you want. The way we have collectively gone down like a bag of s**t time and time again like this from 2012 on speaks for itself.

Sent from my XT1572 using Tapatalk
Repeatedly is OTT. 3 weeks ago in Perth was the first in over 50 games we’ve surrendered a 3QT lead.

Two major problems plague the team right now. Too many kids/underperforming players retained due to injuries. A ruck division that cannot win clearances for the team.

None of this maps on to reality. Our record in close games and our record leading at three quarter time under Joel Selwood's leadership is insanely good.

Doesn't take a genius to see that Stanley was killed, desperately need Smith in... Just echoing the same here.

We lack defensive pressure in the midfield. We either get the ball or we lose it badly.

Gregson was delivering the ball nicely inside 50, but I have to admit, when the ball is in the contest, he is too easily brushed aside. Bigger bodies against him will win most of the time in the contest.

That loss hurts, and you can basically say Top 4 is kissed goodbye. We are starting to look like NM the season after their two Prelims.

Quite a few players could be dropped after this round, but not sure if anyone's ready to go in the side.
Go back and read the reviews of all the games Stanley has played. His direct opponent has been either BOG or close to BOG ......EVERY SINGLE TIME.
Opposition coaches must laugh when they seem his name on the Geelong team sheet

22 points up at 3/4 time while keeping the opposition to 1 goal in 2 quarters at home, choke on a massive one and end up losing by 3 goals.
As bad a loss I've seen since 2006.
Our midfield is massively over-rated, the talk of the best of all time kind of stuff is as far from the mark as possible, right now our midfield sits dead last in the competition and can't win a clearance even when our sub standard ruckman palm it down their throat (3 times in the last Stanley hit it straight to a Cat only for them to fumble it, cough it up and Swans to surge forward).
I literally can't think of the words to describe that game, embarrassing? Year destroying?
Our leaders need to have a good hard look at themselves because they were beaten by a lesser team and even within the side were upstaged by inexperienced kids. During the second and third quarters it wasn't Dangerfield, Selwood and Duncan getting us 22 points up, it was Fogarty, Kelly, Cunico etc. WHERE THE **** ARE OUR LEADERS!
No intensity, no want to push the result, no ruthlessness, no desire and seemingly no care or pride in winning the game. Even when the Swans were coming hard, and even when they got infront we still had blokes jogging along Swans players who were sprinting to create options. No desire.
Thurlow cost us the game, I know you can't single out 1 situation but that horrid kick was the turning point. He hits the 15m pass to an uncontested lead (and they kick the goal) and we go back to 22 points up having weathered all the Swans effort and they likely don't have the energy to push again, instead he shanks the easiest of kicks, they run it down the field and kick a goal, getting to within 2 goals with all the momentum and the Cats drop their heads. That right there was the game. That right there is why he doesn't get games.
Back in the field, and deservedly questioned as a serious threat. After last sat night's W nothing more deflating then that last quarter today. Definitely going to take it one game at a time now, it's no good for the emotions otherwise.

Hey Guys unlucky today. Another great contest between our 2 great clubs. Very proud of my team today to win at Kardinia Park. A place which I still rate as the toughest road trip in the AFL.
You guys will be right up there at the end of the season just like us. See you again at the SCG later this year !
Funny thing is we will beat you over there. Footy sure is a funny game

Seriously what do we get or learn from the Zuthrie inclusion we don't already know?
Last 2 games 6 and now 4 disposals.

Could say similar for Gregson really not good enough atm. Constable and Crameri would've been great but nuh!

Go back and read the reviews of all the games Stanley has played. His direct opponent has been either BOG or close to BOG ......EVERY SINGLE TIME.
Opposition coaches must laugh when they seem his name on the Geelong team sheet

True mate but I’m not sure who else we can play. Smith is apparently shocking in the VFL and whole sav is brilliant in the ruck he can’t run out the whole game there yet.

Spazz, really? you don’t think we are a better team with Menzel, Taylor, Hendo, Ablett, Guthrie, cocky , scooter, Parfitt?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back