Autopsy Geelong loses to Sydney by 17 points at KP

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd call him a good leader. Even very good at times. But not a great one. Can call what you want. The way we have collectively gone down like a bag of shit time and time again like this from 2012 on speaks for itself.

Sent from my XT1572 using Tapatalk

Too harsh. Since 2012 Cats been in transition. Remember 2000-2006? Not great leadership.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The only thing that matters:

View attachment 489474
Nah I think it’s a lot more than that

Last week was great the competitive nature of the youngest lifted the team, so far this year it’s been the kids that has carried the team. The senior players needs an attitude adjustment , watching them laugh and smile after a loss was sickening.

Almost 2006 attitude and I hope it doesn’t affect the young kids.

It’s not possible to win on those numbers unless there’s something amazing at play. We were simply destroyed in the centre and everything else that went wrong was an extension of that.

Last week was great the competitive nature of the youngest lifted the team, so far this year it’s been the kids that has carried the team. The senior players needs an attitude adjustment , watching them laugh and smile after a loss was sickening.

Almost 2006 attitude and I hope it doesn’t affect the young kids.
It was disgusting. I hope someone points it out to the blokes who claim to be running the club

Have to agree to disagree. I think if those 2 tall defenders and Guthrie don't come back we can win the flag.
As long as those 3 players I mentioned can play most games and be fit come finals.
Cocky would be great but it's unrealistic to expect him to play many games.
Unpopular opinion I know but I think we're a better team without Gaz.

I don’t think we can win the flag without at least 1 of Taylor Henderson back.

Guthrie was playing well before his injury. Went into the middle a few times and impacted also.

Cocky when he went into the centre against west coast was very impactful. He oozes class and I see him as a very important player.

8 of our best 22 I think is just too far a bridge to cross, especially against quality sides.

At least hopefully 3 come in next week; Ablett s Selwood and Parfitt.

Trivia fact: Geelong has not had a single game this season without a game ending injury occurring.

The only thing that matters:

View attachment 489474
Correct. Missed Scooter badly to limit the amount they got.
Danger and Selwood are proven prolific clearance winners. Kelly has done alright so far but Duncan has regressed a little. Ultimately all that boils down to a lacklustre ruck division that’s not getting it done. We were a good clearance side last year but aren’t so far.

I guess you could argue that the arguments over Zuthrie, Henry, Thurlow, Gregson or Parsons is rather inconsequential as long as this remains.

Keep getting the job done in what respect?
Their last premiership was 6 seasons ago and was only 12 months more recently than Geelong’s last flag. In the interim they have twice lost grand finals as favourites including once when they capitulated in the first quarter and another when they fell apart against probably the least talented modern side to play in a grand final.
They did this while having the best forward of the last decade and consistently one of the top few midfields.
I cannot possibly see what metric could see Sydney of the last 5 years getting the job done and Geelong of the last 5 years failing to get the job done.
You need to apply the sore loss knee-jerk adjustment, then all things align with personal sore points and biases.

Cats tried very hard with more than a third of their team out. They played a very experienced team who were only down a couple of players.

Cats probably should have won it but faded in the last. Can’t believe the umpire didn’t pay htb free against Grundy...cats would have taken the lead back. The swans do ok with umpiring at KP.

Really impressed with Henry, Kelly and Sav.
I am sorry, but the umpiring went your way most of the day. Stevic hates us, has done for years.

We have quite a long injury list as well.

We always have great contests down there, this one was no exception.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Underrated post. Very overrated footballer. Completely goes to water under pressure. Can’t believe not many people can see this.
Typical Irishman. Chest out talk a heap of shit then fumble when the real heat is on.

There's a whole orphanage of babies to throw out with the bath water. Tuohy is not one of them.

A lock?

Well l suppose you can pick them if you like them too?
Personally I'd look at other guys now not later.
No, I'm saying Crameri + Constable are better options.

I don’t think we can win the flag without at least 1 of Taylor Henderson back.

Guthrie was playing well before his injury. Went into the middle a few times and impacted also.

Cocky when he went into the centre against west coast was very impactful. He oozes class and I see him as a very important player.

8 of our best 22 I think is just too far a bridge to cross, especially against quality sides.

At least hopefully 3 come in next week; Ablett s Selwood and Parfitt.

Trivia fact: Geelong has not had a single game this season without a game ending injury occurring.

Honestly even with our strongest team I don’t think we can win the flag, not against Richmond at the G anyway.

I am sorry, but the umpiring went your way most of the day. Stevic hates us, has done for years.

We have quite a long injury list as well.

We always have great contests down there, this one was no exception.
Honest post. Well done. Swans always give it there all. Remind me of us. Both teams great.

Honestly even with our strongest team I don’t think we can win the flag, not against Richmond at the G anyway.
I disagree.

For 1 Henderson won’t be back so let’s forget about him. The football we have played this year IS good enough. Whether we can sub stain it for a period of time when it counts it the obvious question. But I think we are good enough. Not today but we will learn from that. A Lott less complacency and add a few more players and we are right in this. He tigers are the only team that worry me at the minute but so did Collingwood in 2011. We play the football that is capable. Just remember that.

We are a lot closer to the premiership than a lot of people think.

Sydney with the last 12 centre clearances, doesn’t matter who they have forward, bound to score at least 4-5 times from it.

Sent from my Warped mind

Ten minutes to go, Sydney dominating clearances. C Scott puts Danger forward.... why. If its not getting there why put your best clearance player away from clearances.... stupid

Can't believe people are still talking flags, we have no chance in hell of winning the flag this year, ZERO, ZILCH. And it's all between the ears, we are mentally piss week. We have no mentally strong players like Chappy Scarlo Enright etc We just don't have the team worthy of a flag. I'm just going to sit back and watch the next crop come thru and try to enjoy players like Fog, Kelly and Savrat.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back