Gaming Madden 18 Connected Franchise - PS4 - Season 3 - Superbowl

Remove this Banner Ad

The #ScoopnScore was a game changer. lag caused me to miss the FG but 2 plays later i cause a fumble and house it.
yeah we were going nuts in the chat

jacson163OHHHHHH
GG Exewow omg
Kryan18holy s**t
jacson163OMFG!!!

That was the final crossroads in the game IMO

Probably another reason chewy feels short-changed. He had a fair few hit stucks that amounted to nothing... the dropped picks, however, were more costly

Computer ****ed me over 6 ways to Sunday. Jones, Richard and Jones's backup all get injured. The dropped interceptions that are wide open. Merritt doesn't fumble all year thej fumbles on a regulation catch. The touchdown in the back of the end zone.
When the computer doesn't win it doesn't matter what you do.

Hit sticks dont do as much if the player doenst have the big hitter trait.

the 4th down TD was there it was a toe tap. and is not as bad as the fail mary that beat me last time.

Injuries happen if you keep throwing or using the same player, and if you keep using the hit stick they get worn out and more prone to injuries.
Stamina is a huge part of injuries

Hit sticks dont do as much if the player doenst have the big hitter trait.

the 4th down TD was there it was a toe tap. and is not as bad as the fail mary that beat me last time.

Injuries happen if you keep throwing or using the same player, and if you keep using the hit stick they get worn out and more prone to injuries.
Stamina is a huge part of injuries

Your mistakes in the last game were driven by yourself. You can't say that you didn't win this game without a shitload of luck from the CPU on your side. It is what it is.

From a neutrals perspective let me say....

AD cheesed going for 2 at 13-7 instead of the XP. There was no lag.
Chewy dropped two easy pick sixes early was telling.
The TD at the back of the endzone looked iffy to me as well at 360p, but you can't stop what they call from the booth.
The scoop play for a TD was massive.
But for me the game changed when from the opening drive after half-time, Chewy was forced to punt. He normally would've/should've taken his time, driven that all the way for a TD and been up 21-13 late in the 3rd.
Also, chewy did not run the ball enough, especially when he was carving up the packers D.
Packers were just throwing every down, but Raiders had the makings for a more balanced offense as they're run game was far more effective.
Both of your Ds (for the most part) were pretty bad, was just Drags vs Cover 2 most game. You both didn't mix it up enough.
Chewy WAS unlucky with the pick 6s and endzone TD, but, he had his opportunities. Stopping the Pack and the missed FG. Or, for instance, not stopping the Packers on 4th and long that went for 22 yards or whatever that cost an accidental Timout from a thrown controller. Among other moments.

Given the first game between you earlier this year, and this super bowl, with drama in both games -- AD crying about the PI call in the endzone first game, and then Chewy crying about the toe tap this game. Looks like a pretty sweet rivalry in the future :)

The TD at the back of the endzone looked iffy to me as well at 360p, but you can't stop what they call from the booth.
But for me the game changed when from the opening drive after half-time, Chewy was forced to punt. He normally would've/should've taken his time, driven that all the way for a TD and been up 21-13 late in the 3rd.
Also, chewy did not run the ball enough, especially when he was carving up the packers D.
Packers were just throwing every down, but Raiders had the makings for a more balanced offense as they're run game was far more effective.
Both of your Ds (for the most part) were pretty bad, was just Drags vs Cover 2 most game. You both didn't mix it up enough.
Chewy WAS unlucky with the pick 6s and endzone TD, but, he had his opportunities. For instance, not stopping the Packers on 4th and long that went for 22 yards or whatever that cost an accidental Timout from a thrown controller.

Given the first game between you earlier this year, and this super bowl, with drama in both games -- AD crying about the PI call in the endzone first game, and then Chewy crying about the toe tap this game. Looks like a pretty sweet rivalry in the future :)
I went for 2 because on my first PAT i ended up with no power and almost fell short. I missed the 2pt conv anyway.

And i should of got an offside against chewy on the final play of the first half since his DE jumped and didnt get back before the snap.

Chewy WAS unlucky with the pick 6s and endzone TD, but, he had his opportunities. Stopping the Pack and the missed FG. Or, for instance, not stopping the Packers on 4th and long that went for 22 yards or whatever that cost an accidental Timout from a thrown controller. Among other moments.

I didn't throw my controller. My dog jumped onto the couch throwing his paws at me for a belly rub. Hit the controller. Didn't change anything anyway.

Couldn't run because Richard got injured and McKinnon wasn't getting good angles.

Going for 2 at 13-7 was cheap after the 4th down touchdown.

I had my opportunities with the dropped interceptions and what not. Out of my control in the end. Oh well.

With AD quitting this season I'm tempted as well to drop out until Madden 19. Was going to drop out if I won but to lose in this manner is making me toss things up as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I didn't throw my controller. My dog jumped onto the couch throwing his paws at me for a belly rub. Hit the controller. Didn't change anything anyway.

Couldn't run because Richard got injured and McKinnon wasn't getting good angles.

Going for 2 at 13-7 was cheap after the 4th down touchdown.

I had my opportunities with the dropped interceptions and what not. Out of my control in the end. Oh well.

With AD quitting this season I'm tempted as well to drop out until Madden 19. Was going to drop out if I won but to lose in this manner is making me toss things up as well.

I don't like to (i TRY not to) criticize others for their gamestyles, playcalls. We all do cheesey things. You going for fake punts in the past on multiple occasions when it's like 4th and 5 on your own 45 early in the first half....it's the same thing. No one should really complain about tactics people do. It's un-NFL-like, sure, but it's probably very Madden-like, to do such things. Each player trying to get the edge on the scoreboard, ensure no drives end up punts, or get that early 1 pt lead from a 2 pt conversion, and all that kind of stuff.

What if we try and revive Madden with a tournament (knockout our round robin whatever) to keep the game fresh? Sounds like a few are losing interest in the franchise...

A tournament would mean we play user only games and our own pace (no pressure to advance etc). We'd also be able to implement some pretty sound rules from the get-go to avoid restarts, name changes etc. Happy to co-ordinate if others are keen

What if we try and revive Madden with a tournament (knockout our round robin whatever) to keep the game fresh? Sounds like a few are losing interest in the franchise...

A tournament would mean we play user only games and our own pace (no pressure to advance etc). We'd also be able to implement some pretty sound rules from the get-go to avoid restarts, name changes etc. Happy to co-ordinate if others are keen

Which rosters would we use?

About time we did this. Even just kill the franchise now, not run a 4th season, and wait for M19 to revive the franchise.

We could do Home and away for all these tourney games. Each game must be streamed. We keep a spreadsheet going -- which i can do -- posted showing the scores and AFL-like ladder. Top 4 into playoffs.

Something like this....

Please use your brain
Either eliminate “round 2” or blank out half the games in “round 1”
Or is round 2 games 3 and 4 :/

Default. You just pick a team to use all tourney.

Fans of a team could even pick the same team, it doesn't matter. (Bla and Cockliff as patriots).
home team picks which team they want to use each game. Don't need to use the same team all tourney

Everyone in the tournament plays 2 games against each player.

One game where they're the home team, host the match, and choose their team first.

One game where they're the away team, the other player hosts, and the other player chooses their team first.

Out of that top 8 teams make the playoffs.

1v8
2v7
3v6
4v5

winners advance

1v4
2v3

winners advance

1v2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back