SkyBet Championship 2017/18

Remove this Banner Ad

http://www.football365.com/news/f365-says-on-sunderland-where-no-magic-exists

Anyone saying Sunderland will be ok in L1 is a bit deluded at the state of the club I suspect.

This kinda almost reminds me of Coventry in a way, like just everything about the club just disappeared, and what was left of it was a shell. So bad was the sitatution that a relocated London Wasps (Union team) actually usurped Coventry out of their own stadium.

That, and also the fact that prior to last season, Coventry have never finished in the top 7 since 88-89 (and the top 6 since 69-70). This season... they could fail to make the play offs (7th) with just two games to go. Yes, ever since their relegation, they have never finished in a play-off position in any league.

They were in the top tier for yonks as well (a 30 year streak IIFC).

Or have seen clubs recover from this sort of situation before.

Sunderland has a lot going for it, but has been underperforming on and off the pitch for a long time.

I think the takeover is needed, but for me the club has a lot of potential.
Third largest debt in the country, won't be sold until they go into administration.. Yeah that's not ending well.

It's a damning indictment on that squad that Adam Johnson has the most assists at Sunderland since 2015/16 yet has been in prison since March 2016.
Yes that tweet was posted the other day.

23 games unbeaten from Fulham is a remarkable achievement.

I hope they get the automatic promotion. My pessimistic view is i can just see them losing the playoff final. And blowing this golden opportunity.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Boro confirm a play-off spot with a 2-0 win over Millwall which effectively knocks them out due to their GD compared to Derby. Preston with a 1-0 over the Blades keeps them alive, Brentford are out with a loss to Barnsley and Burton win their 3rd in a row to leapfrog Bolton.

upload_2018-4-29_12-27-30.png

upload_2018-4-29_12-28-51.png

Birmingham are back in contention and Reading are dragged right into it now. Both are playing the teams who are fighting for the second auto-promotion spot. Barnsley have a tough trip to Derby who themselves are looking for a play-off spot whereas Burton need to beat Preston who, themselves, are also fighting for a play-off spot. Another cracking set of fixtures next Sunday!

The two teams fighting to avoid relegation playing the two teams fighting for a playoff spot. What an amazing coincidence!

The two teams fighting to avoid relegation playing the two teams fighting for a playoff spot. What an amazing coincidence!
Three, Burton Barnsley and Birmingham I think.

There's also Cardiff vs Reading, another match where it's a team fighting for the auto-playoff spot vs a team who aren't out of the woods yet. It's very unlikely Reading will go down but, given they were a penalty shoot-out from returning to the PL last year, it's been quite the downfall.

Let's go Sunderland! You can do it!

Also, damn it, Preston v Burton... of all the games to end the season on. I want Preston in the Play Offs (Over Derby) and I want Burton to survive.

My ideal three is Wolves-Fulham-Boro/Preston/Milwall (yeah, I went there, bring on the West Ham v Milwall bloodbath), so I guess it won't be a total loss.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back