Premier Lg EPL Matchday 18, 19 & 20 - On Optus Sport

Premier League Football

Remove this Banner Ad

Im not expecting it, but they set the precedent overturning the Havertz pen. If they overturn the Jota pen and then say "well, it tracks with the Havertz one" then people see consistency and then if anyone wants to complain, they look silly.

My issue is the week to week inconsistency with VAR, often at times it looks like they are protecting their mates. VAR needs to be independent of PGMOL.
Welcome to sport. These inconsistencies happen in AFL, NBA, NFL, ARL, cricket, even golf screw up the rules every now and then.

Contact doesn’t mean it’s a foul. You seem to be supporting players dropping to the ground to any touch in the box.
Correct. But if the ref calls it the ref calls it. And they will not call it unless players do drop to the ground.

It might have been soft - which on replay I agree it was - but in real time the ref called a foul which was not a clear and obvious error.

Contact doesn’t mean it’s a foul. You seem to be supporting players dropping to the ground to any touch in the box.
Having a look at the slow mo again, it looked like the keeper slides into Jota’s right leg off balance, Jota continues to put the left leg down ok but the right one doesn’t come down properly and he goes down to get the penalty.

its a soft penalty because it’s not an immediate knockdown, but it is a penalty.

In defence of Arsenal, progressive passes are not that important in half the clip if they are 1-0 up and just trying to hold the ball.

Rice does plenty of them though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Take the point and move on.

Next few weeks aren't going to be enjoyable if we keep playing that way without arguably our 2 best players, looked a tired side tonight.

Strange that Benrahma was allowed to play but Kudus couldn't. Aguerd too? It sounds like Paqueta's injury isn't too bad.

It's hard to argue with the recent wins and league position but this game was a shocker to watch and had very poor atmosphere.

Strange that Benrahma was allowed to play but Kudus couldn't. Aguerd too? It sounds like Paqueta's injury isn't too bad.

It's hard to argue with the recent wins and league position but this game was a shocker to watch and had very poor atmosphere.
Benrahma's not part of the Algeria team because he fell out with the manager, Aguerd is playing for Morocco.

We asked for Kudus to play today but the Ghana manager said no.

It's games like that, where I want to move on from Moyes though.

Benrahma's not part of the Algeria team because he fell out with the manager, Aguerd is playing for Morocco.

We asked for Kudus to play today but the Ghana manager said no.

It's games like that, where I want to move on from Moyes though.

Apparently Kudus was injured anyway?

I think its more the few normal steps afterwards thats followed by a flop thats the issue with some.
So by "few", you mean "one", the step he took with the leg that wasn't slid into.

No arguments with the flop reference though.

Apologies for this but I had to share. It's both related and unrelated.

I got up this morning to watch the West Ham - Brighton match. Was watching. I may have nodded off for 10 mins in the first half, but i distinctly remember an incident IN THE FIRST HALF where a ball was crossed along the ground in the penalty box by a Brighton player and it hit a West Ham player on the arm as he fell to the ground, then the ball skewed away and a Brighton player had a ping at goal that went wide right of the posts. Thruout this sequence the commentators clearly said something like.....VAR has checked the handball and confirmed no action as the ball hit the players supporting arm, etc etc....anyway, the entire sequence of play and the commentators exact words were very distinct.

Anyway ....

Later in the game, around the 70 minute mark, the exact same sequence happened again, and the exact same words by the commentators were spoken, verbatim. But the thing was it was like a deja vu, I knew what was going to happen and be spoken before it happened and was spoken.

I highly doubt the exact sane sequence of play with the exact same commentary happened twice in the game. I was thinking perhaps there was a loop in the video, but no, and also because the first time it was in the first half. I remember there being a half time. Getting up and having breakfast. And the second time it happened was the 70th minute mark.

So the only conclusion I draw (and drew at the time) was further proof that life is all pre-progtammed, thats what deja vus tell us. A similar thing happened when I was a kid at school, seeing thru a deja vu something thst was about to happen minutes before it happened and being powerless to alter it as it happened.

Todays incident made me very angry at God and the universe, seeing the veil lifted, i was so angry I switched off the game, realizing its all fake therefore, fake as in pre-programmed. Theres no other way to define premonitions and deja vus like this other than evidence of pre-programming.

Again apologies for this, its both related and unrelated and it comes off crazy, but im not embarrassed to share.

Follow up...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back