SkyBet Championship 2017/18

Remove this Banner Ad

Jatz Fryer Tuck NUFC Tiger any idea on Eastleigh FC in the Conference? Their owner is leading up a consortium to buy us and if anyone knows about that level of English football then it would be one of you three.

Eastleigh have been in the National League for a few seasons now (I prefer Conferance too), and well... after a couple of good seasons, they've just 'been

Bridle Insurance's Stewart Donald has noted that he thought he could spend a lot of money to make progress, but he was wrong once he got to the infamous National League bottleneck. He does seem to be a bit bored with Eastleigh... it should be noted that when he took over the club, he injected 3m into Eastleigh when they were in the tier below and they did expand their stadium.

It's a bit difficult to say how much you guys would actually spend, because most of his players initially were on loans, but in more recent times, they were free transfers. Eastleigh is also a semi-pro club, which does seem to suggest he's probably not that loaded (or maybe he wanted to be pro, but couldn't be bothered afterwards.)

If he does have enough money, I would expect that he would try to get you promoted first time, but the feeling I get is that they are probably a gap-filler until something better comes along.

I hope for your sake that you rebound well, and see what happens.

Interesting last round coming up

I wonder if Reading and Birmingham will get pushed down into the drop zone as their opponents Fulham and Cardiff fight for second and automatic promotion

Reading are so so so vanilla, offered absolutely nothing whenever they've came up to the top flight.

Hopefully Barnsley stay up, but a tough one against Derby away on the cards. C'mon you Tykes.

Jatz Fryer Tuck NUFC Tiger any idea on Eastleigh FC in the Conference? Their owner is leading up a consortium to buy us and if anyone knows about that level of English football then it would be one of you three.
Only in passing, nothing really worth knowing.

FT seems to have provided a pretty good write up though.

Barsnley are done for it's between Bolton and Burton for the last relegation place. Derby have sown up 6th surely. Brum are staying up another season. Cardiff look like they'll be playing in Manchester next season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gutting for Burton Albion there to be staying up & lose in the 93rd minute, Bolton saving themselves with 87th & 88th minute goals to get a 3-2 win. Wow!

Also, who do we want to see go up via the playoffs now? Aston Villa is my first choice but wouldn't begrudge Derby or Fulham getting up either. Under no circumstances are ******* Boro allowed to get there.

Also, who do we want to see go up via the playoffs now? Aston Villa is my first choice but wouldn't begrudge Derby or Fulham getting up either. Under no circumstances are ******* Boro allowed to get there.
For me, Villa for the Terry factor, he may kick on next season still with them. Then Derby. Don't care much for Fulham and Boro in 2016-17 were one of the dullest PL teams I've ever seen and I want them to stay down for a long time because of it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back