MRP / Trib. 2018 MRP - Carlton Tribunal News & Reports

Remove this Banner Ad

It will be interesting to see how the club react.

I wouldn't be surprised if Gil has been in contact with the club to come to an agreement.
And if I was Carlton, I would hold a press conference at 2:30 and lay out what the AFL has put forward for the club to agree to. It's trial by media and the Carlton lawyer should just go walking in there and say if you ban either of these players, we will see you in the supreme court for bias against Carlton because you didn't bother to appeal the lack of severity in the May punishment because you want the GC17's best defender on show in China!

Is there any footage around of what players were copping fines for in regards to contact for an umpire prior to the Hawkins case?
Hopefully the club will have a number of people sourcing this tonight & tomorrow & will be presenting the footage as evidence to show how morally bereft Hocking & the AFL are. I also hope the club will call on both Stevic & Williamson to appear as witnesses to reiterate statements they have already made in relation to the contact from Ed & Charlie.

After the royal commission, they decided that w***er was less offensive than banker.....

To think ... all these years I have been substituting flanker .... no wonder our list was so screwed up!

And if I was Carlton, I would hold a press conference at 2:30 and lay out what the AFL has put forward for the club to agree to. It's trial by media and the Carlton lawyer should just go walking in there and say if you ban either of these players, we will see you in the supreme court for bias against Carlton because you didn't bother to appeal the lack of severity in the May punishment because you want the GC17's best defender on show in China!
I would create a montage of every player making contact with an umpire this year, play that, and demand that each incident must heard by the tribunal.

The Media, MRP and AFL cannot be allowed to have selective outrage, and just pick on one game in round 8.

Agree 100%. problem that some of us interstaters have is that unless you pay, you just can't see games. even the local teams aren't played live on FTA for away games.
They have their hands firmly clamped on the plums of sport unfortunately, love the F1 too so only way to watch is pay Foxtel.

Plenty of web sites where you can watch every AFL game free every week.
Some are borderline SD, but every watchable.
Just need to do a bit of research.

I would almost walk in and argue that AFL and media influence has ensured that neither player will be afforded a fair, unbiased assessment.

I mean this is the equivalent of a justice system isn't it......or is it just a Kangaroo Court depending on who in charge like?

This.
Very interesting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If the criteria for appeal is that no reasonable tribunal could come to that conclusion, then, if the decisions are overturned, the original members must resign as they have been declared incompetent.
Actually chuncey, the wording is “no tribunal acting reasonably could come to this decision”.

By lodging an appeal, the AFL believes and is saying this tribunal did not act reasonably in the two Curnow cases.

Not sure what the penalty is for a tribunal that has acted unreasonably in the eyes of the AFL. Clearly factors to take into account would include...is this a first time offence by this tribunal, were they intentionally acting unreasonably or was it a careless act of unreasonableness.

These are serious issues...best we ask the media for some guidance.

You would think we lost on the weekend. We’ve had more negative media than any team in history this year. We beat Melbourne this week but two players from melb will get suspended for hurting Carlton players (de ja vu) and it will Carlton’s fault. Cripps is soft coz he can’t handle a few broken bones and Rowe is staging. lol. Where is the positivity. * the afl.

I hope the boys square up with Princess Paddy Dangerfield in our next fixture with Geelong.

Surely their is a player code to not throw players under the bus. Embarrassing.

The worst part of his interview was that he was speaking as the President of the AFLPA. AS President he had no hesitation in throwing two of his members under the bus. Unbelievable.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back