MRP / Trib. 2018 MRP - Carlton Tribunal News & Reports

Remove this Banner Ad

Ain't nobody got time for that. Just flick the lights off and close your eyes.

Hahaha, tis the way of parents of a little 'un.

's**t, he's waking up. Hurry!'
I'm trying!
'Sorry babe, I'll fix you up next time'.

Damn straight.

Eagle eyed fans are going to be screenshotting contact on a weekly basis and tweeting it to the media

Yep, happened in golf where the ever so slightest discrepancy against a rule (I.e ball was half a centimetre either side of where the mark was)was brought up by TV viewers and officials had to act.

Now they’ve banned TV viewers comments from being a part of a review.

So, in the olden days, when a person was sent to tribunal for a misdemeanor, there would be an accused, a victim or witness, and a judge or panel to listen to the case, you could also bring the coach or club president.

Is there a specific rule in the AFL ruling that states, "if a player makes contact with a player, that player shall receive a suspension of one week?" Um, I don't think so, that is why these cases went straight to tribunal.

The tribunal was heard, evidence given and it was decided the players should be given a fine instead of suspension. Tom Hawkins pleaded guilty- suspension. The Curnow brothers did not.

The AFL have come out and has basically said, our system is incompetent and has not given the result that the media appreciate. So they have appealed the process of which they have put in place.

For the AFL's ruling to work there must be a rule in place which states, that any player who makes contact with an umpire, regardless of the circumstances shall receive a one week ban. No exceptions! This would alleviate the need for a tribunal and everyone judged the same.

But alas, this can not be right as Steven May went to the tribunal and only received a fine.

So, in the olden days, when a person was sent to tribunal for a misdemeanor, there would be an accused, a victim or witness, and a judge or panel to listen to the case, you could also bring the coach or club president.

Is there a specific rule in the AFL ruling that states, "if a player makes contact with a player, that player shall receive a suspension of one week?" Um, I don't think so, that is why these cases went straight to tribunal.

The tribunal was heard, evidence given and it was decided the players should be given a fine instead of suspension. Tom Hawkins pleaded guilty- suspension. The Curnow brothers did not.

The AFL have come out and has basically said, our system is incompetent and has not given the result that the media appreciate. So they have appealed the process of which they have put in place.

For the AFL's ruling to work there must be a rule in place which states, that any player who makes contact with an umpire, regardless of the circumstances shall receive a one week ban. No exceptions! This would alleviate the need for a tribunal and everyone judged the same.

But alas, this can not be right as Steven May went to the tribunal and only received a fine.
Yes that sound perfect to me.
I’m assuming that there is no rule for the afl to go on so surely they are free to play again regarding May

The afl can not possible screw is from the current circumstances surely ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes that sound perfect to me.
I’m assuming that there is no rule for the afl to go on so surely they are free to play again regarding May

The afl can not possible screw is from the current circumstances surely ?

Bee in bonnet time now for the AFL, they have appealed, which means they will set the agenda. Ed will definitely go, Charlie will be lucky if he gets off.

Bee in bonnet time now for the AFL, they have appealed, which means they will set the agenda. Ed will definitely go, Charlie will be lucky if he gets off.
It can’t be otherwise Carlton then will bring up the May incident to their defence.
The tribunal is part of the afl, the afl then can’t fight internally with themselves
Like a team of persons fighting with each other will destroy themselves
And have zero credit

When the AFL lose today, Gerard and Robbo will be demanding Supreme Court action from the AFL against itself. So even then it won’t be over

Wish I continued to watch AFL 360 to see Maclure go at em!

How can people not see the actions based on context?? Hawkins and May were both in an aggresive/semi-aggresive state of mind during their "incidents" whereas Charlie an Ed weren't. Look at it from this way I can be playing with my mate and if I play wrestle him to the ground contextually my action is fun and playfulness without intent to hurt... but if the same mate sleeps with my missus and I wrestle him, contextually my action is to inflict pain.

Agreed on Danger.. resign now... as president of the players association do you want to see players suspended for that action??? Obviously you didn't want Hawkins.. so instead of yapping trying to get players you represent suspended how about support them not getting suspended. (Lost a bit of respect for him... fully Geelongised now).

Is Dangerfeild President of The Geelong players Association?

Or the AFL players Association?, if its the later, he should resign immediately...

Awww I dunno seems to be representing both the Curnow boys in a fair light ....... with their best intentions ....

No way the afl will lose today. The AFL appealing its own tribunal is a bit of an absurdity and essentially means "No - you got it wrong- try again. Find a way to make the outcome we want happen."

There's overwhelming pressure on whoever sits on that appeals board to find a way to fall in line - if they want an afl post in the future, anyways.

Yeah I know - its" independent". Bollocks.

Unfortunately a forgone conclusion from here imo. Rigged. Farce.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back