MRP / Trib. 2018 MRP - Carlton Tribunal News & Reports

Remove this Banner Ad

It can’t be otherwise Carlton then will bring up the May incident to their defence.
The tribunal is part of the afl, the afl then can’t fight internally with themselves
Like a team of persons fighting with each other will destroy themselves
And have zero credit

In a perfect world, I agree.

However this is the AFL, one of the oldest games in the country, more advanced than it has ever been with regards to cameras etc, but every year there are complaints regarding the rules of the game, outcomes with the MRP and compensation picks for free agents. Why, because the AFL keep shifting the goal posts, they are so busy lining their pockets and covering scandals the game is secondary to them.

Wait Whately just said on SEN he doesn’t expect the decision to be over turned.

Well now he feels like that no need for an appeal decision made.

In a perfect world, I agree.

However this is the AFL, one of the oldest games in the country, more advanced than it has ever been with regards to cameras etc, but every year there are complaints regarding the rules of the game, outcomes with the MRP and compensation picks for free agents. Why, because the AFL keep shifting the goal posts, they are so busy lining their pockets and covering scandals the game is secondary to them.
So a lawyer gets a criminal off and then another in same form appeals ?
Lol
Both will should play

At least with this appeal it's more legal-centric... so as long as our lawyers are better than our medical department they should obviously win by arguing over May and Grigson, and Hodge and all those other incidents of players doing something similar and not getting suspended.

I'm still waiting for some clarification on what we are going to tell the children. Mine have been left hanging, thinking that it's ok to touch an umpire.
They were both fined $1000. It is not OK to touch an umpire. Point made should have moved on.

Diesel is right, why are the umpires in the players face in the first place. They should keep an appropriate distance and get out of the players personal space. That is the real problem.

I agree with Gerard Whateley on SEN in that it's a high bar to reach for the prosecution for this appeal to stick.
If they are going to make it stick than Charlie gets a fine and Ed gets a week.
The fact May got off and Hawkins didn't will be the fodder for the defence.
Same action and intent with a different result.
A grey area has been created which is always in favour of the defence.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As a 96 baby, I've just seen the Greg Williams incident for the 1st... FMD we should be exempt from getting suspended for another 10 years after that bullshit

Yup ... he warned the umpire multiple times to * off and stepped away from him on at least 3 occasions to go around him.... each time the umpire stepping straight back into his face.

Looks like one of MEB's old posts.

Went something like clapping your hands together with s**t in between..

I believe the expression goes i'd rather s**t in my hands and clap.
Believe me, i've heard it a couple of times.

Interesting with Gerard now saying he expects both appeals to fail, he lead the charge for the appeal & 24 hours later he is saying they will fail.

Is it a case that he got all worked up and now he realises that it was emotional and now he has calmed down? Is it that he is giving himself a way to back down of the appeals fail “as I said I expect the appeals to fail however the afl..... blah blah blah”

Interesting with Gerard now saying he expects both appeals to fail, he lead the charge for the appeal & 24 hours later he is saying they will fail.

Is it a case that he got all worked up and now he realises that it was emotional and now he has calmed down? Is it that he is giving himself a way to back down of the appeals fail “as I said I expect the appeals to fail however the afl..... blah blah blah”

Really ... where did he say this? Very interesting.

I think the "Sellers" tune up changed his mind!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back