NFL 2018 NFL Off-Season Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
i just think people are campaigners if they are donating for the wrong reasons.
If a celebrity is the only reason you would give a cent to X cause you are a campaigner in my eyes.

Sure they are doing the right thing, but they are doing it for the wrong reason. I just want people to donate money or help for the right reasons.

If helping people from a human decency standpoint and not a selfish or because some famous person begged for it makes me a dick than im fine with that.
i donate because i believe in the cause that the money goes to.

From a business standpoint i dont blame the NFL for gifting JJ the Walter Payton MotY award, it was an easy PR win for them in a time where they have had little good PR. but i think others did more to deserve the award. I wouldnt of been shocked if other players donated as much or more to the Harvey relief.

If JJ wants to be the face of the relief efforts he should of donated more especially when he has been given credit for the $35M+ raised.

I have no problem with the charity work he does, i just dont like how he handled this one. it felt self-indulgent to me

Good on him for offering to pay for the students funerals who were murdered lastweek. and he should use that to make a stand against guns, otherwise it will just happen again a few weeks once everyone has moved on.

**** NFL news is slow right now, bring on training camp season ending injuries to give the fans something to talk about. :(:rainbow:

Johnny Football is stuck in Canada for the next 2 years. With a contract that seems fair for everyone.

I wonder who will last longer Johnny Football in the CFL or Baker in the NFL.

Johnny Football is stuck in Canada for the next 2 years. With a contract that seems fair for everyone.

I wonder who will last longer Johnny Football in the CFL or Baker in the NFL.

If we are talking about the CFL and Johnny Manziel as news this only validates my point :D

Sports Business Journal's Daniel Kaplan reports the NFL will award the 2023 Super Bowl to Glendale, Arizona and the 2024 Super Bowl to New Orleans.

It will be made official at the owner's meetings this week. In the past, cities would bid for the Super Bowl, but the system was changed. Now, the NFL selects a target city, negotiates the terms, and then puts the city up to a vote. Arizona and New Orleans are the first two locations to receive a Super Bowl under the new system.

Source: Daniel Kaplan on Twitter

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the NFL is expected to award the 2019 NFL Draft to Nashville.

Nashville has long been the favorite, and the owners are expected to award them the event during this week's meetings. Chicago hosted the draft in 2015 and 16, it was in Philadelphia in 2017, and Dallas hosted the even this year.

Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Sports Business Journal's Daniel Kaplan reports the NFL will award the 2023 Super Bowl to Glendale, Arizona and the 2024 Super Bowl to New Orleans.

It will be made official at the owner's meetings this week. In the past, cities would bid for the Super Bowl, but the system was changed. Now, the NFL selects a target city, negotiates the terms, and then puts the city up to a vote. Arizona and New Orleans are the first two locations to receive a Super Bowl under the new system.

Source: Daniel Kaplan on Twitter
And the winner is Siddee

Just another excuse for corruption and money changing

So one idea owners are contemplating on kneeling....

From SI.com...

“One was how the league will handle players kneeling during the national anthem going forward. An idea being floated in the room goes like this: It would be up to the home team on whether both teams come out of the locker room for the anthem, and, should teams come out, 15-yard penalties could be assessed for kneeling.”

Oh the land of the free....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hackenberg and Cook on the same roster. Two guys with ego problems still living off their college days in a battle to be clipboard holder #1 at the Raiders. :tearsofjoy:

Should be a fascinating story to follow throughout the offseason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back