2018 Lions Reserves and NEAFL thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Coleman very much in that Cedric Cox mold. Left-footer off half back, very slick and relaxed in everything he does. Don't know if he quite has that turn of speed that Cox uses when he feels like it though (which isn't often enough iwbh)

He took quite a few risky options in this video which is probably why he was named as our best player in the end. The coaches would no doubt be encouraging him to take the game on so he got some acknowledgement for doing it and pulling it off. Looks like he has bulked up a fair bit as well!

One of his strengths as a junior was his kicking which looked pretty good albeit from only a few kicks in the video, replacement for Hodge eventually?

Hopefully a few of Hinge, Starcevich, Lyons, Wooller, Payne and Ballenden get to debut by the end of the season, would be great to see Skinner get another go as well.

With all the injuries and under 18 commitments I wonder if Fullarton plays.

IIRC he can't play until the 1st of July, wasn't it said he would have to do a mini pre season? If he played now that would be a micro pre season.

I thought it was first of June he started training.

It would be micro but desperate times call for desperate measures.

IIRC he can't play until the 1st of July, wasn't it said he would have to do a mini pre season? If he played now that would be a micro pre season.
They might have said July 1 for games somewhere but our website article says:
Fullarton will officially join the Den and start training with the team on June 1, 2018.
Given that, I hope he plays this week. Would have a reasonable fitness base from basketball. And with Ballenden out, there's a spot for him, forward or back.

BRISBANE

B: 42. Mitch Hinge 45. Jack Frost 24. Liam Dawson
HB: 49. Jesse Quint 22. Marco Paparone 50. Jai Kennealy
C: 19. Jacob Allison 51. Caleb Franks 4. Ryan Bastinac
HF: 52. Tom Matthews 53. Daniel Fleming 54. Justin Currie
F: 39. Corey Lyons 56. Cody Stackelberg 55. Ben Sloan
Foll: 44. Archie Smith 36. Rhys Mathieson 17. Claye Beams
Inter (from): 1. Ben Keays 7. Tom Bell 14. Josh Walker 18. Nicholas Robertson 32. Sam Mayes 37. Brandon Starcevich 43. Jake Barrett 46. Oscar McInerney
Emer: 57. Toara Marango 58. Ethan Hunt 59. Joshua Preval
In: 51. Caleb Franks 53. Daniel Fleming 56. Cody Stackelberg 49. Jesse Quint 46. Oscar McInerney 1. Ben Keays 18. Nicholas Robertson 32. Sam Mayes
Out: 48. Jack Tomkinson (Allies) 56. Connor McFadyen (Allies) 54. Keidean Coleman (Allies) 20. Cedric Cox (injured)

Some new names. No Fullarton.

14 listed but at least a couple might have to sit out on standby for the seniors.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BRISBANE

C: 19. Jacob Allison 51. Caleb Franks 4. Ryan Bastinac
HF: 52. Tom Matthews 53. Daniel Fleming 54. Justin Currie
Foll: 44. Archie Smith 36. Rhys Mathieson 17. Claye Beams
Inter (from): 1. Ben Keays 7. Tom Bell 14. Josh Walker 18. Nicholas Robertson 32. Sam Mayes 37. Brandon Starcevich 43. Jake Barrett 46. Oscar McInerney
Emer: 57. Toara Marango 58. Ethan Hunt 59. Joshua Preval
In: 51. Caleb Franks 53. Daniel Fleming 56. Cody Stackelberg 49. Jesse Quint 46. Oscar McInerney 1. Ben Keays 18. Nicholas Robertson 32. Sam Mayes
Out: 48. Jack Tomkinson (Allies) 56. Connor McFadyen (Allies) 54. Keidean Coleman (Allies) 20. Cedric Cox (injured)

Some new names. No Fullarton.

14 listed but at least a couple might have to sit out on standby for the seniors.

I see we have an emergency called Ethan Hunt.

Any chance he gets onto a senior list one day, or would that be mission impossible?

Jesse Quint an emergency for the Alllies, so is probably not playing for the twos, hard to be in Canberra and Sydney at same time.

Updated side. Beams now injured. Barrett AFL might mean he is a good chance to play ones. Must be worried about someone's fitness.
BRISBANE (UPDATED)

C: 19. Jacob Allison 14. Josh Walker 4. Ryan Bastinac
HF: 7. Tom Bell 37. Brandon Starcevich 54. Justin Currie
Foll: 44. Archie Smith 36. Rhys Mathieson 57. Toara Marango
Inter: 51. Caleb Franks 52. Tom Matthews 53. Daniel Fleming 58. Ethan Hunt
Emer: 59. Joshua Preval
In: 51. Caleb Franks 53. Daniel Fleming 56. Cody Stackelberg 57. Toara Marango 49. Jesse Quint 58. Ethan Hunt
Out: 48. Jack Tomkinson (Allies) 56. Connor McFadyen (Allies) 54. Keidean Coleman (Allies) 20. Cedric Cox (injured), 17. Claye Beams (injured), 43. Jake Barrett (AFL)

New: 57. Toara Marango

Barrett AFL might mean he is a good chance to play ones. Must be worried about someone's fitness.

The rest of our AFL emergencies are named on the field, so guessing he's the actual emergency.

I'm off to Manuka.

Light rain all day so the ground will be soft and wet. It won't be high standard but probably good for the younger players to get the odd game in conditions like today.

As jackess says it might be a tough one. The Demons are in reasonable form and we're playing a lot of kids. I don't know much about the topups but if they're all Queenslanders they wouldn't have played much footy in Canberra-style cold weather. At least it's not too windy.

I'll keep an eye on the fringe youngsters like Hinge, Ballenden, Lyons and Starcevich and update anything interesting that happens. Feel free to ask me questions.

I'm off to Manuka.

Light rain all day so the ground will be soft and wet. It won't be high standard but probably good for the younger players to get the odd game in conditions like today.

As jackess says it might be a tough one. The Demons are in reasonable form and we're playing a lot of kids. I don't know much about the topups but if they're all Queenslanders they wouldn't have played much footy in Canberra-style cold weather. At least it's not too windy.

I'll keep an eye on the fringe youngsters like Hinge, Ballenden, Lyons and Starcevich and update anything interesting that happens. Feel free to ask me questions.
Definitely be interested to hear about both Hinge and Starc.
Ballenden not playing today!

Definitely be interested to hear about both Hinge and Starc.
Ballenden not playing today!

It'll be tough to pay attention to him then.

Ugly start. 19-0 demons. Bewick not out there

Remove this Banner Ad

Back