Review Freo defeat the Crows at Optus Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

At the risk of ' coaching ' all the flair out of him Cmac is one who should get the ' if you don't chase you don't play ' speech , if he can't compete in the air then he is a small fwd and that means pressure is a must because I can't think of too many comparisons in the AFL for a player of his size and speed that are making a living as a leading fwd

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app
I can, but those guys have the ability to compete against and beat the best defender, which according to most on here, Cam cant. Cam's going to have to start being exceptional in his role. As you've said, applying pressure if not delivering on the scoreboard (preferably both).

I can, but those guys have the ability to compete against and beat the best defender, which according to most on here, Cam cant. Cam's going to have to start being exceptional in his role. As you've said, applying pressure if not delivering on the scoreboard (preferably both).

Given Cam layer 8 tackles at Peel on the weekend I'd say that is one of his KPIs he's been asked to work on.

Is the breeze a known quantity when it does pick up? As we continue to play at Optus, I'd like to think we can play the conditions better. That second quarter we couldnt hit targets. I'm going to re-watch to see if I can pick what changed tactically

Oh also - there are two guys that stand behind my seat regularly and know their stuff. They're a pleasure to talk to when watching the game, since we bounce ideas around regarding what is happening tactically during a game

Let me tell you - I have never experienced that outside of Bigfooty. Wonder where your seats are.

It’s pretty evident that nearly every type of media coverage hates us :(

Front page of the online West straight after the game - ‘Walters on head butt report’. If it wasn’t that it would’ve been ‘Pearce injury sours win’, or ‘Low crowd attendance disappointing’.

Anyone else digging Kersten down back? Did some nice things yesterday and at least looks as if he has a future down there.

Absolutely, as a 3rd or 4th he’s actually quite elite. He’s not in anyway suited to the gorilla’s. Even a shitty key position player towellled him up last week, but this week he was great.

The problem I foresee, is he’ll be asked to play on the 2nd tall when A.Pearce goes out and he’ll struggle again.

I like Duman, but if he plays we lose. Nyhuis won a fair few one on ones. If Duman was exposed to those contests, he would have lost. His one on one work is not up to scratch yet.

It would be good to see both continue to improve for next season. But wins are valuable, even in a rebuild. Right now I’d play Nyhuis over Duman.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol so good. You knew he was gonna kick it as soon as he got it. T-Train remains a mystery as to why he can’t put it all together.
Maybe he's finally reaching that stage of development where it starts to come together. Now he's just gotta become consistent.

Also, playing away from defense is better for him.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

I like Duman, but if he plays we lose. Nyhuis won a fair few one on ones. If Duman was exposed to those contests, he would have lost. His one on one work is not up to scratch yet.

It would be good to see both continue to improve for next season. But wins are valuable, even in a rebuild. Right now I’d play Nyhuis over Duman.
Duman has better skills and lack strength. Nyhuis has strength and lacks skills. We need a bit of weird science.

I love what Nyhuis brings to the team. He is a good footballer

I can see us upgrading most or all of Banfield, Nyhuis, Duman and Giro at the end of year - all look decent role players that deserve a senior list spot to me. Leaves only Strnadica and there is no reason he can't earn his way off it as well. Pretty happy with how all our rookies are going atm. Should help a heap with the list of players we need to let go and the weak draft hand we have to begin with (ie only a 1st and 5th rounder).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back