General MFC Discussion 2.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
8-5 and 10-7 and missed finals. Finals are far from locked in.
I think we'll make them this year, but worry a bit about what will happen when we get there.

I think we'll make them this year, but worry a bit about what will happen when we get there.

I'm not sure we will yet
Richmond
WC
Sydney
Collingwood
Geelong
Adelaide (full strength)

Port North Hawks are at our level. So if we aren't confirmed finalists before those last couple games we might be stuffed.

One of my biggest concerns is how we're going to fill the vacuum of leadership and experience when Vince and Lewis finish up. They're absolutely on their last legs and we can't carry that lack of pace into next year.

Unfortunately Jones isn't much of a leader (I still love ya Nath). Do we need to target an outside mid AND and experienced player in the trade period?

I'm not sure we will yet
Richmond
WC
Sydney
Collingwood
Geelong
Adelaide (full strength)

Port North Hawks are at our level. So if we aren't confirmed finalists before those last couple games we might be stuffed.
bit of a stretch to say all those teams are better than us, Collingwood certainly haven't played as well as they did yesterday every week. Geelong haven't been all that impressive, Adelaide have just been plain shithouse irrespective of injuries.

Richmond and West Coast are the only 'good' sides in the competition, the rest is a raffle on any given week, we're just apart of the logjam.

bit of a stretch to say all those teams are better than us, Collingwood certainly haven't played as well as they did yesterday every week. Geelong haven't been all that impressive, Adelaide have just been plain shithouse irrespective of injuries.

Richmond and West Coast are the only 'good' sides in the competition, the rest is a raffle on any given week, we're just apart of the logjam.

I have the others above us due to experience later in the season. I also think on the evidence of the season the pies are better than us. Shown more against better sides.

One of my biggest concerns is how we're going to fill the vacuum of leadership and experience when Vince and Lewis finish up. They're absolutely on their last legs and we can't carry that lack of pace into next year.

Unfortunately Jones isn't much of a leader (I still love ya Nath). Do we need to target an outside mid AND and experienced player in the trade period?
Our young players will need to step up.

I think Jones has to be a hell of a leader given where we were to where we are. Roos rates him very highly. People thought JV would avenge the ghosts of round 23 and he was well beaten.

I think Jones has to be a hell of a leader given where we were to where we are. Roos rates him very highly. People thought JV would avenge the ghosts of round 23 and he was well beaten.

I think JV is part of the issue, he looks underdone and is missing his trademark power off the mark.

Jonesy was pretty poor yesterday, I think he's a great lead by example player but I think we need some players to stand up as match day leaders.

Clearly we don't have the players at the moment who can turn us around quickly on field.

Our list is so much healthier than last year so I’m not expecting us to run out of steam like we did last year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I completely agree...I'm just worried how many of them are ready and will though. I guess time will tell.
Gawn, TMac and Viney are that next generation of leaders. The problem being they’ve all come through in a “losing culture” <shudders at using that cliche term>. We need to keep generating this belief and a “winning culture” this year and next, to get that good winning juju firmly ensconced in the psyches of these guys, as our next gen leaders.

I think JV is part of the issue, he looks underdone and is missing his trademark power off the mark.

Jonesy was pretty poor yesterday, I think he's a great lead by example player but I think we need some players to stand up as match day leaders.

Clearly we don't have the players at the moment who can turn us around quickly on field.
totally disagree with your assessment of JV currently there - he was incredible breaking away from stoppages/through congestion several times yesterday. Not saying he had a great game overall though.

Agree with the rest.

Just saw a mate of mine Tag Andrew Gaff on Facebook thread regarding when Wiz kicked 9 on QB.

Makes me wonder if Gaffy used to support the dees predraft
He certainly did

Just saw a mate of mine Tag Andrew Gaff on Facebook thread regarding when Wiz kicked 9 on QB.

Makes me wonder if Gaffy used to support the dees predraft
Yeah he did, he went to the 2000 GF

totally disagree with your assessment of JV currently there - he was incredible breaking away from stoppages/through congestion several times yesterday. Not saying he had a great game overall though.

Agree with the rest.
From what i remember he didn't do much after though. Of his 4 clearances i though most were ineffective. The play when he shrugged off 2 players, did a 360 and snapped it to an area with 3 Pies players was emblematic of the whole midfields problems when we did win the ball.

I'm not sure we will yet
Richmond
WC
Sydney
Collingwood
Geelong
Adelaide (full strength)

I see what you are saying, but this has been a crazy year for inconsistency. With the exception of the Eagles no one is playing consistently well, so I wouldn't right us off against any team. Finals are far from guaranteed, but it will take a couple more losses before I stop being confident.

I see what you are saying, but this has been a crazy year for inconsistency. With the exception of the Eagles no one is playing consistently well, so I wouldn't right us off against any team. Finals are far from guaranteed, but it will take a couple more losses before I stop being confident.

No writing off, our best can match any side I reckon but I'm not sure our worst keeps us out the top 6.

Interesting thought, but who? Murphy? McVeigh? I'd probably rather keep Bernie & Jordie, but there's possibly somebody obvious I am missing?

I have absolutely no idea TBH. Dayne Beams is OOC at the end of next year I think and would be worth a look. No-one else springs to mind.

We should just keep an eye out if anyone happens to be available at the right time. Crossy, Vince and Lewis have been enormous for us and while you'd probably argue that their work is basically done I wouldn't underestimate the value of one cool, experienced head floating around the back line come finals time.

I have absolutely no idea TBH. Dayne Beams is OOC at the end of next year I think and would be worth a look. No-one else springs to mind.

We should just keep an eye out if anyone happens to be available at the right time. Crossy, Vince and Lewis have been enormous for us and while you'd probably argue that their work is basically done I wouldn't underestimate the value of one cool, experienced head floating around the back line come finals time.
Nick Smith at Sydney is OOC I think.. probably only get offered a year from them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back