News CrowCast Breaking News - Discuss Here

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't accept what they say, I am lucky to be blessed with a desire to find out the truth in most things so I ask questions, look for answers and reasons, Firm believer of every action has a reaction.
Also, your reply has shown you have not been in high-level discussion, you don't change people part way thru those type of negotiations,
And you don't allow the middlemen to or other people to run them when you are the one being paid to make them
Ask some of the People on BF who have been in similar positions, they may word it better than me, But you don't make a habit of changing CEO's while you are negotiating the future of the Club more so when those talks are heading in the right direction.

So how did we possibly manage with him absent from negotiations for 6 months?

I don't believe any of that at all. Trigg was suspended for 6 months, it was the perfect time to move him on.

The club had no intentions at all of getting rid of him and hoped that they could just slot him back as though nothing had happened. The messaging from the club and from people like Rowie etc was playing the angle that the club really didn't do too much wrong and Trigg was a martyr who took a bullet for the club. The club had absolutely no intentions of moving him on until their hand was forced.

The only reason he eventually left was because a majority of fans had turned again him and the non sycophantic supporters starting ringing 5AA in droves asking why he was welcomed back in the club and were demanding that he leave.

The club realised that he had lost the trust of the supporters and no amount of spin was going to change it. Had that not been the case and if everyone drunk the kool-aid then I have absolutely no doubt at all that Steven Trigg would still be here stinking up the joint, still making bad decisions and being totally unaccountable for them.

At the time what did you do, Did you actually pay any attention to what Chapman was doing and saying did you get off your arse and contact the Club expressing your displeasure.
Did you bother to find out what the story was?
But more importantly, did you look at what else the Club was doing at that time. and more importantly who was running the Club hands on. the same person who had the best view on what was needed in the next couple of years.
Go back and look at all the Changes the Club faced in the years after and what they did to lessen the impact.
And Trigg was always leaving the Club in 2014 and it was not his decision. I can tell you if the Tippett issue had not arisen he would be in AFL house today.

So how did we possibly manage with him absent from negotiations for 6 months?

You sure you were a member at that time. Chapman took over the role and was the lead, Did a good job but he also understood what was required to finish the deals already started. And at the time these were more important to the Crows than sacking Trigg and bringing someone cold.
It funny how when we view the last 5 years we all assume the bad, never see the good that happened.
How much better are we with owning our AFL license, how much better are we with the Deal negotiated for the lease of Football Park,
And although I am not personally happy with the final result how much better are we with our own SANFL (Also it did have an impact on our Football park deal). Buy the way do you have any idea who push for the Adelaide oval deal to have that renegotiation clause in it. At the time how many of you saw the full value of that clause was, How many actually knew there was a renegotiation clause in the contract,

We all get pissed of when things go bad, but sometimes we need to sit back and look at how far we have come as a financial secured Club in the last 4-5 years, despite all the issues and distractions.

At the time how many of you saw the full value of that clause was, How many actually knew there was a renegotiation clause in the contract.
I'm just gonna assume this is a rhetorical question

We all get pissed of when things go bad, but sometimes we need to sit back and look at how far we have come as a financial secured Club in the last 4-5 years, despite all the issues and distractions.

We’re talking about the football department, not the balance sheet.

Bring in all the economic and business acumen you want, and let them balance the books and bring in corporates. Fantastic.

But when it comes to the football department, I ******* want winners, not losers.

I want Neil Balme, not Brett Burton.

I want assistant coaches who are tactical geniuses, not Matthew Clarke.

Bring in all the economic and business acumen you want, and let them balance the books and bring in corporates. Fantastic.

But when it comes to the football department, I ******* want winners, not losers.

I agree I want winners, and I also want a full review the correct heads to roll maybe a couple of them. but they need to the correct heads,
I also want us to get rid of CM but understand some the reason why. Don't agree but understand. (still, think CM are stuck in the 80's) And I am of the understanding they have changed certian aspect of it, unsure of what.

But I was answering a post about Trigg time.

Have to disagree about Clarke, believe there are other I would move before him. As a part-time Ruck coach, he has done OK,
But yea another tactical thinking assistant coach in the coaches box would be helpful, Maybe push Francou in the middle.

The major projects stuff with Trigg perfectly summarises the club.

Adelaide Oval move, reserves team, the license. Three big projects that meant losing Trigg was unthinkable.

They forgot a couple of other major projects:
1) Being a good football club
2) Winning premierships

Those are ongoing and always take precedence over ANYTHING else that is happening. Trigg made us a cheating football club - the single worst thing he could have done. And brought us penalties that prevented us from winning premierships.

It doesn't get any worse. Yet he survived.

And the club believes they did the right thing because some off-field stuff got sorted.

Our priorities say plenty. We are not driven towards success.

Adelaide Oval move, reserves team, the license. Three big projects that meant losing Trigg was unthinkable.

2) Winning premierships

Those are ongoing and always take precedence over ANYTHING else that is happening. Trigg made us a cheating football club - the single worst thing he could have done. And brought us penalties that prevented us from winning premierships.

And the club believes they did the right thing because some off-field stuff got sorted.

Well put. You just listen to Chapman and it" We could have done things better" statement suggest the problems start at the top. Where's Fagan.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sadly it's the only mouthpiece we have and the club still uses it as a listening post.

Also it also helps educate those that maybe aren't aware what's going on because the club is trying to cover everything up.

"Why are people attacking our best mate and hero Brett Burton when he's done nothing wrong?"

The amount of people I have spoken to at work about the Crows who had no idea that the whole CM s**t show was Burton's doing as well as our fitness programs etc is staggering.
Same here, so many didn't even know who is down there, what they are doing etc etc.
Many can't even tell you Burton was working there.
People telling me that Roo needs to get more involved.
Thinking the injuries are just a year of rotten luck.

And I agree, a few have said to me they heard something on fiveAA they didn't even know was going on or whatever.

The majority are totally in the dark about what is going on, they only see the 22 take the field and hope they win.
Everything else comes together to make you a club that will win.

2) Winning premierships

Yet you all missed the part where I mention after those negotiations were finished, he was moved on, inform by the club they were heading in another direction.

At the time what did you do, Did you actually pay any attention to what Chapman was doing and saying did you get off your arse and contact the Club expressing your displeasure.
Did you bother to find out what the story was?
But more importantly, did you look at what else the Club was doing at that time. and more importantly who was running the Club hands on. the same person who had the best view on what was needed in the next couple of years.
Go back and look at all the Changes the Club faced in the years after and what they did to lessen the impact.
And Trigg was always leaving the Club in 2014 and it was not his decision. I can tell you if the Tippett issue had not arisen he would be in AFL house today.
At the time I spoke with Chapman and he spun the same bullshit is he now.

He didn’t take it to kindly when after Essendon received less penalties I asked him whether Trigg had resigned whether we would have faced less sanctions, which given what happened with Essendon would have been the case.

You keep spinning this bullshit about “what did you do”. It’s irrelevant what we do. It’s a boys club that looks after themselves when s**t hits the fan, there is no accountability so drop the crap hey?

Yet you all missed the part where I mention after those negotiations were finished, he was moved on, inform by the club they were heading in another direction.
Nothing was missed.

We put being a good club and winning premierships on the backburner. They weren't priorities then.

Are they now? Have we changed our tune?

Or are there just other new off-field activities that are priorities now? Eg alternative revenue streams.

a
At the time I spoke with Chapman and he spun the same bullshit is he now.

He didn’t take it to kindly when after Essendon received less penalties I asked him whether Trigg had resigned whether we would have faced less sanctions, which given what happened with Essendon would have been the case.

You keep spinning this bullshit about “what did you do”. It’s irrelevant what we do. It’s a boys club that looks after themselves when s**t hits the fan, there is no accountability so drop the crap hey?

And yes I will keep asking people what did they did because to be honest, there are a lot on Gunna's and Wanna's out there who are top shelve when it comes to complaining,
Yes, I wanted Trigg out, but I also found out why they kept him on for a short time. And I could understand that. Did not like it but understood the decision.
And you know full well the sanctions the Crows received did not fit the Crime.

Same now there are a lot of Gunna's and Wanna's, And not many are contacting our member elect to ask for changes to be made,

a

And yes I will keep asking people what did they did because to be honest, there are a lot on Gunna's and Wanna's out there who are top shelve when it comes to complaining,
Yes, I wanted Trigg out, but I also found out why they kept him on for a short time. And I could understand that. Did not like it but understood the decision.

Same now there are a lot of Gunna's and Wanna's, And not many are contacting our member elect to ask for changes to be made,
You keep talking about how you've done something, spoken to people, asked questions.

Well look - nothing has changed. The same idiots in charge have just lurched into a new series of club-harming activities. And are dishing out the same old tired explanations.

And the same people lap it up just as before.

We can't do anything. No one is going to quit their job to try to run a campaign to be a board member and fix things from the inside.

Sadly it's the only mouthpiece we have and the club still uses it as a listening post.

Also it also helps educate those that maybe aren't aware what's going on because the club is trying to cover everything up.

"Why are people attacking our best mate and hero Brett Burton when he's done nothing wrong?"

The amount of people I have spoken to at work about the Crows who had no idea that the whole CM s**t show was Burton's doing as well as our fitness programs etc is staggering.
The ones I’ve spoken to just put our year down to bad luck with injuries.

a

I know full well they didn’t, so why did we accept them? Would they have been less if Trigg resigned like the Essendon CEO did? We took a draft hit so they could protect Trigg and themselves.

Contacting the member elect will achieve nothing, don’t be so gullible.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back