Autopsy Hawks defeat the Holy Floppity - Rd 21, 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Got to feel for Geelong fans.

As soon as the game finished it started to piss down and then the walk from the G to Richmond it started hailing.

Didn't bother us hawthorn fans with 4 points in the pocket.

Get to Richmond station and the train to geelong is delayed by 40 minutes.

Poor bastards.

Just Kidding **** them.
View attachment 541477
Train to Geelong originates from Southern Cross, does not it?

What a win, felt confident this morning , just think they are top end loaded and their young guys aren't as good as ours.

That last quarter was gut wrenching mainly because of all the heartache since 09 against them, it was hard not to be pessimistic, one thing I did think was they are not the force they were, there could be tough times ahead for them, let's hope ..

Love Ceglar and Pittonet combo, we are spoiled with BB about to return , all of a sudden we look to have depth !! When did that sneak up ..

Lastly the great Clarkson, what a genius , to get this group playing this way at this time of the year is amazing , think the Worpols , Morrisons, Hardwicks have reinvigorated the great man..

Exciting times ahead !!
Yeah the rucks took Blicavs to town once Stanley got injured. The thing I especially love about Clarko is he was predicting this if you paid attention to his interviews, he started building positivity and challenged the group at exactly the right time, the true little master. Geelong who expected top 4 all season didn't handle his challenge, we stood up despite being the rebuilding side, just an incredible coach.

Selwood would of taken Worpedo's head off if he had connected.
Dirty mofo.

Potential to cause injury doesn't apply if you wear the hoops. Don't be silly, you know better than that.

Very funny listening to the Cats supporters whinge about Ablett being
Booed. I think we hurt their feelings.

Oh .. no. That's taken the gloss off our win ...... NOT!

Another zinger from Chris Scott, I think I just heard him say premiership ladder position is irrelevant. :)

With all those handbaggers streaming out of the ground before the final siren, I honestly thought I was at Enright's 300th.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a win, felt confident this morning , just think they are top end loaded and their young guys aren't as good as ours.

That last quarter was gut wrenching mainly because of all the heartache since 09 against them, it was hard not to be pessimistic, one thing I did think was they are not the force they were, there could be tough times ahead for them, let's hope ..

Love Ceglar and Pittonet combo, we are spoiled with BB about to return , all of a sudden we look to have depth !! When did that sneak up ..

Lastly the great Clarkson, what a genius , to get this group playing this way at this time of the year is amazing , think the Worpols , Morrisons, Hardwicks have reinvigorated the great man..

Exciting times ahead !!

Good call on our youngsters and Clarkson.

Just as an aside though, this is twice we have held on against Geelong coming back this season. We fluffed the 2016 final. As for 2017 they were ahead all day.

I think these are great results for us holding on. We will eventually start pumping Geelong as we did in 2015. In their glory years they never ever pumped us (oh and dropped a granny lollll)

KOLOKOTRONIS

I think the system overly penalised him early on for some turnovers and sideways handballs. As the system has hurt Mitchell in the past, it underrated simply keeping possession or causing chaos balls which are hard to rate I guess, it's not a terrible ranking system. Worpel was very good undoubtedly.

It obviously is if it has Worpel as 3rd worst on ground, behind Rhys Stanley who played 20 minutes and did sweet F.A..

Quinton Narkle rated better than Burton, Sheils, O’Meara, Mitchell... I don’t actually give a s**t but seems pretty terrible to me.

I said it at the start of the year that if Gunston plays mostly as a genuine forward we will play finals this year.

19 games - 42 goals
He's been outstanding up forward, along with Breust. My Pies supporting uncle was telling me in round 1 that both were no better than decent players, who had been carried to a threepeat by our superstars. I begged to differ, and I'd hope this year has changed his opinion. These two guys were brilliant back then, and even more so now.

8 players on the park with less than 50 games. 5 with less than 15. That’s incredible.

Thought Miles, Burton and Worpel All played their best games so far.

Shout out to my fingernails which are no longer with us...

And I am willing to bet there will be no mention of all the players out of the Hawthorn team.

Got to feel for Geelong fans.

As soon as the game finished it started to piss down and then the walk from the G to Richmond it started hailing.

Didn't bother us hawthorn fans with 4 points in the pocket.

Get to Richmond station and the train to geelong is delayed by 40 minutes.

Poor bastards.

Just Kidding **** them.
View attachment 541477

Real horror of that story is that even after that delay and the loss today they still have to live in Geelong. Talk about adding insult to injury.

So much to say about that game

I’ll keep it simple what a ‘team’ win considering the personal we have out.
Everyone did something . Everyone applied pressure and everyone contributed to the win.
The last quarter fade out was inevitably after the intense pressure we put on them, we were gassed
Yet we ground it out . As a unit we wanted it more and were willing to work more collectively then them.
Thoroughly deserved win.

A very happy and even proud Hawks supporter today

Oh and the 50 was there but stuff them . That was footy karma evening itself out . They’ve won far more then their fair share of close games against us and other sides getting 50/50 calls going their way.
Looking forward to hearing how C.Scott spins this result

8 players on the park with less than 50 games. 5 with less than 15. That’s incredible.

Thought Miles, Burton and Worpel All played their best games so far.

Shout out to my fingernails which are no longer with us...
You stopped at your fingernails?

I’m like a body double for John Doe in Seven.*

*the guy with no fingertips, for those playing at home.

To the Handbagger campaigner who yelled a homophobic slur at our players on a number of occasions today - I hope that loss burned you deeply you Corio dwelling hick campaigner. I love when the Hawks make s**t people hurt.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back