Prediction Hypothetical trades, other clubs moves, draft smokies, salary guesswork and whatever else thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd give Billings a wide birth. Doesn't have the temperament to be a top liner.

Gresham on the other hand, has pounds of fight wedged into every part of his being.

The Saints also appear to have no second or third round draft picks but three fourth rounders.
If they want to be active on the trade period with Hannebery or others they are going to have to be creative with their list management so who knows what they will do.

Would we be happy losing Cegs and our 1st if it meant we gained Cogs?
Absolutely

Still only 24 years old and is one of the most well rounded mids in the game. Has a defensive side to his game that a lot of elite mid's lack, can go forward as well. Makes us a much better team and fits well in to that same age demographic as Jaeger, Tom, Sicily etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would fit two needs for them.

Cap space, and a ruckman.
GWS won’t have cap space problem if shiel leaves to go to *.
Plus I wouldn’t let cegs go tbh, he is our best tap ruckman at the prime age of his career who is good for a goal and a few contested marks a game. Would rather make our ruck duo our biggest strength that other clubs don’t have.
Plus, I’m not entirely sure if we’re looking to add elite inside mid this off season, with Burgoyne, Birch and Roughead most likely hang up boots at the end of 2019, we then will have heap of cash to splash.
Primary target could be TL only with maybe a running outside mid for 2018.

GWS won’t have cap space problem if shiel leaves to go to *.
Plus I wouldn’t let cegs go tbh, he is our best tap ruckman at the prime age of his career who is good for a goal and a few contested marks a game. Would rather make our ruck duo our biggest strength that other clubs don’t have.
Plus, I’m not entirely sure if we’re looking to add elite inside mid this off season, with Burgoyne, Birch and Roughead most likely hang up boots at the end of 2019, we then will have heap of cash to splash.
Primary target could be TL only with maybe a running outside mid for 2018.
It won't be.

You'd have to say so given the quality of player we are picking up, it would be a massive test for Pittonet to have to be a capable 2nd ruck when called upon though.
I would think we see Lewis as a part time ruck too, but he’s obviously pretty green at the moment.

I would do the trade for Coniglio, but Cegs is very well liked at the club. It actually took me a long time to warm to him but it happened. I'd be sad to see him go.

McEvoy and Ceglar can both push forward and kick 2-3 on occasion. Pittonet doesn't seem to have that string to his bow yet.

I want Preuss from North. Love his aggression and size.
Keep Cegs and BB - there will forever be injuries. BB won't be around for ever either.
Cegs has been a huge for us - love him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back