What single moment sums up 2018 for you?

Remove this Banner Ad

joe444

Club Legend
Jul 9, 2006
Franga
AFL Club
Geelong
Moment: When Harry Taylor was finally available and Chris Scott was asked about whether he would select him. CS answered: "Well, he's an All Australian defender, so who wouldn't pick him?"

Reason: At the time, we had a really cohesive, albeit new, defence. They'd even created a nickname for themselves - the "foreign legion" - because they had such diverse backgrounds but were working so well together.

Joel gets a free against Melb, goes to play on, slips over.
the most recent and poignant is a season full of slip overs.

Must be eradicated for next season.

MOMENTUM KILLERS

GO Catters

RD3 some f--king wacko decides to go to Perth to play the Eagles with no Ruckman.

Even better: we go without a ruckman, lose Cocky, lose Guthrie, we're getting belted but manage to turn it around and get in front based on some serious work by the top end players. Gaz pings a hammy. We concede 6 goals in like 10 mins. We lose.

When Cockatoo went down in the VFL.
It summed up what the club has turned into now.
Always pinning our hopes on an injured player coming back or getting another trade in next year.
Incompetent medical staff telling lies about tonsillitis before bringing him back to just get injured again just like we did with him last year and the year before.
Then no more communication from the club.
We're a strange club these days that just just refuses to learn from past mistakes and not a hell of a lot of accountability.
This to me has summed up what we've gradually turned into over 6-7 year period.
It's a real shame.

Any time Dangerfield tried to do everything himself when we are miles behind yet still a chance, and utensil it up.

Just on that theme, here's mine:

It's not the worst mistake we've seen this year. It didn't directly cost a goal. But it does encapsulate our evident flaws:

- Two "superstar" midfielders running together, with absolutely no communication between them.
- Dangerfield trying to run off and kick long despite having plenty of time to dish off to Ablett beforehand.
- Little respect shown to the opposition who amazingly enough run in and tackle Dangerfield and win a free kick.
- The ball comes to Dangerfield but aside from Ablett there is zero support.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's not the worst mistake we've seen this year. It didn't directly cost a goal. But it does encapsulate our evident flaws:

- Two "superstar" midfielders running together, with absolutely no communication between them.
- Dangerfield trying to run off and kick long despite having plenty of time to dish off to Ablett beforehand.
- Little respect shown to the opposition who amazingly enough run in and tackle Dangerfield and win a free kick.
- The ball comes to Dangerfield but aside from Ablett there is zero support.
That is crazy. As soon as Ablett didn't block the first guy it had to go to him. Just had to.
Wtf was Danger thinking?????
Oh instead of passing to the guy who's running for me, is a better kick than me and can set up something in the middle of the ground, Im gonna just bomb it left foot down the line. Oh wait theres no-one there.
That is just so f**ked up!
Kudos to Guthrie there though. Good effort.

That is crazy. As soon as Ablett didn't block the first guy it had to go to him. Just had to.
Wtf was Danger thinking?????
Oh instead of passing to the guy who's running for me, is a better kick than me and can set up something in the middle of the ground, Im gonna just bomb it left foot down the line. Oh wait theres no-one there.
That is just so f**ked up!
Kudos to Guthrie there though. Good effort.
I honestly think Paddy might have an awareness problem. Joel has the same issue every now and again.

On communication, elim final, finally get the ball forward Murdoch runs into another player ( Danger?) both go to ground. I swear the Melbourne defenders must have been pissing themselves as they ran the ball out. But, how can you have cohesion at this club? The back line becomes cohesive and they move two to bring in Harry and Hendo. That’s the backline, the fwd line is Tom, Menz and whoever CS feels like putting up there for a quarter.

On communication, elim final, finally get the ball forward Murdoch runs into another player ( Danger?) both go to ground. I swear the Melbourne defenders must have been pissing themselves as they ran the ball out. But, how can you have cohesion at this club? The back line becomes cohesive and they move two to bring in Harry and Hendo. That’s the backline, the fwd line is Tom, Menz and whoever CS feels like putting up there for a quarter.

IIRC it was Menegola and he should have either called Murdoch back or called it for himself.
He did neither.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back