EDFL Div 1 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any clubs had their presentations/best and fairest nights yet??
I know Craigieburn has their best and fairest tonight
Did I see jacana have had theirs already?? Who are the b/f winners from clubs?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Tulla pres night not until October but they’ve had their vote count where 12 of the 16 games are counted (last 4 rnds done at pres night).
Prestia & Mulvaney battling it out for the win.

I believe most are having there presentations tonight, I’m pretty sure Jacana already had there’s but not sure who won they’re best and fairest

I see on the apw Facebook page Bior malaul won there best and fairest.. What a great player , he’s had a massive year..
Brent Gordon was the winner of Craigieburns last night with 2nd and equal 3rd going to three u/19 kids in Villinskis , McNicol amd Chircop

East Keilor last night. Ash Arrowsmith B&F by a vote from Captain Vinnie Maddafari with Jordan Madden 3rd.

Oh no is Roxy Park now in div1. Just as the standard was starting to improve. Lol

Was really hoping East Sunbury would win but the conditions just didn’t suit them. Oh well I can see Roxy going straight back down after 1 season. Lol

Just seen on westmeadows Facebook that Justin Taylor won there bnf on Friday and has also been invited to the league bnf night.

Oh no is Roxy Park now in div1. Just as the standard was starting to improve. Lol

Was really hoping East Sunbury would win but the conditions just didn’t suit them. Oh well I can see Roxy going straight back down after 1 season. Lol
You are a dead set germ Turbo. Seriously come down to the club, eyeball people and say this rubbish. Pea heart keyboard warrior you are. Won't have the balls to do it

You are a dead set germ Turbo. Seriously come down to the club, eyeball people and say this rubbish. Pea heart keyboard warrior you are. Won't have the balls to do it

Threats... exactly why no one wants roxy in a good quality division. Just going to bring in dirty football

Mate mad Monday must be a hoot if your on big footy.. Get back to the bar and celebrate your premiership...

Are you still there? I’m happy to make my way down pal..Can be there in about 15.

BTW- hope you understand we are both keyboard warriors. But I’m fishing..

I was only voicing my thoughts but I’m sure the majority feel the same way.
It does take some time to build back respect from opposition clubs/supporters and if your club is willing to work hard then when the time is right I will be the first to come on here and congratulate you.

As I said I highly respect people willing to put there hand up to be president of a footy club. Yes they might make mistakes, and at times not be popular, but it’s a dam hard job so I respect them all. To see that president get king hit was a bloody low act. He was good enough to walk away but if your so macho I would have expected to see you out there helping him out and teaching the other guy a lesson in respect.

I'm interested to know how much of the list stays on board at Roxy now they have moved up a division.
Hadfield really suffered from a complete list overhaul when they were promoted, let's hope Roxy retain their list and add to that to make them competitive in 2019

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm interested to know how much of the list stays on board at Roxy now they have moved up a division.
Hadfield really suffered from a complete list overhaul when they were promoted, let's hope Roxy retain their list and add to that to make them competitive in 2019

Uptherox is probably best placed to answer your question “when he wakes up”, but from where I sit you could say Saad, Merhi, Ardon won’t play div1 with Hamza retired.
The question for them is how many kids from there 19.5s (that didn’t play in GF side) are capable of playing seniors in div1? If the answer is none then they will need to recruit 8-10 players and stay under the points cap plus have the budget to spend on a number of players. So my point is you must have a solid junior base of kids coming through to remain competitive on a minimum budget.

This is where I think East Sunbury had the advantage as they had a lot of players under 20 that have upside whereas I question how many players in the current Roxy side can be “dominant” at div1 level.

Going to be interesting in div2 next season if Sunbury Kangaroos come in as surely they will be up there.

Uptherox is probably best placed to answer your question “when he wakes up”, but from where I sit you could say Saad, Merhi, Ardon won’t play div1 with Hamza retired.
The question for them is how many kids from there 19.5s (that didn’t play in GF side) are capable of playing seniors in div1? If the answer is none then they will need to recruit 8-10 players and stay under the points cap plus have the budget to spend on a number of players. So my point is you must have a solid junior base of kids coming through to remain competitive on a minimum budget.

This is where I think East Sunbury had the advantage as they had a lot of players under 20 that have upside whereas I question how many players in the current Roxy side can be “dominant” at div1 level.

Going to be interesting in div2 next season if Sunbury Kangaroos come in as surely they will be up there.
It definitely will be a tough year for them and I’m sure they are aware it’s gonna be a struggle even with some players like short Eliot capuano and the Farrellys having played at a higher level before you just can’t carry others like you possibly could’ve in div 2
Hopefully they can be competitive

Are you still there? I’m happy to make my way down pal..Can be there in about 15.

BTW- hope you understand we are both keyboard warriors. But I’m fishing..

I was only voicing my thoughts but I’m sure the majority feel the same way.
It does take some time to build back respect from opposition clubs/supporters and if your club is willing to work hard then when the time is right I will be the first to come on here and congratulate you.

As I said I highly respect people willing to put there hand up to be president of a footy club. Yes they might make mistakes, and at times not be popular, but it’s a dam hard job so I respect them all. To see that president get king hit was a bloody low act. He was good enough to walk away but if your so macho I would have expected to see you out there helping him out and teaching the other guy a lesson in respect.
How many years ago was that? you going to keep holding a current board/ committee to task over the actions of previous ones??

Last edited:
Just seen on westmeadows Facebook that Justin Taylor won there bnf on Friday and has also been invited to the league bnf night.

two club B&F's in two years and runner up in comp medal last year plus invited this year, rekon he should be in old mates team of the year? Didnt see his named mentioned anywhere lol

Last edited:
two club B&F's in two years and runner up in comp medal last year plus invited this year, rekon he should be old mates team of the year? Didnt see his named mentioned anywhere lol
For sure it’s a great effort and he is a good tough player that earns his own footy. Leads those younger guys with him in the middle with his attack on the pill, does really stands out for WM but in a pretty ordinary side. Still think there is at least 8-10 mids in this division ahead of him but would not be surprised to see him selected maybe on the bench.

For sure it’s a great effort and he is a good tough player that earns his own footy. Leads those younger guys with him in the middle with his attack on the pill, does really stands out for WM but in a pretty ordinary side. Still think there is at least 8-10 mids in this division ahead of him but would not be surprised to see him selected maybe on the bench.

8-10 better mids I must of been watching wrong division all year lol
Rekon you’ll find its harder to get a kick in a s**t side than a good one

Last edited:
8-10 better mids I must of been watching wrong division all year lol
Rekon you’ll find its harder to get a kick in a s**t side than a good one
Yeh you must of been export. I disagree, yes it does become easier with better players around you but if you are a very good player in a poor team you are going to stand out as there best player, as Taylor does and good on him.

FB: Lang (OP) - Laurie (Tulla) - ???
HB: Simmons (Tulla) - Fynch (CB) - Arrowsmith (EK)
C: Malual (APW) - Bugeja (CB) - ???
HF: Laffan (CB) - Young (APW) - Hobbs (TL)
FF: Penaluna (APW) - Limbach (CB) - Church (HS)
Fol: Morrison (Jac) - Prestia (Tulla) - Micalef (HS) - Bartrop (Tulla)

Int: Kennedy (Tulla) - Ryan (APW) - ???

Have left 3 spots open - BP, Wing, Int
I think the the ones in BOLD are locks and wasn't sure with the last 3 positions so didn't want to just add any player. I'm sure I am missing a few that could take those last spots.
Can anyone fill in all the blanks?
0mtQ4m3.jpg

Lang/Laurie/fynch
Arrow/cloke???/bongetti
Malual/Prestia / Bartrop
Young/church/Hobbs
Penaluna/Limbach/kennedy
Dalla-libera/micallef/volpato
Morrison/vista/Gordon/not sure, maybe drake?

Lang/Laurie/fynch
Arrow/cloke???/bongetti
Malual/Prestia / Bartrop
Young/church/Hobbs
Penaluna/Limbach/kennedy
Dalla-libera/micallef/volpato
Morrison/vista/Gordon/not sure, maybe drake?

I reckon you could be close to spot on there
Cloke chb tho?? He kicked 33 goals in a side who were pumped every week which says to me he didn’t really play at chb to much?

I reckon you could be close to spot on there
Cloke chb tho?? He kicked 33 goals in a side who were pumped every week which says to me he didn’t really play at chb to much?

Yeh agree, I was at a loss with CHB so went with the theory they shoved cloke in there on name alone.
Heard he played loose down back a bit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back