Mega Thread Trade Targets 2018 (2018 Trade Period Discussion)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I watch these teams with ruckmen who can run and do stuff and become more and more convinced that getting Preuss is the most beneficial thing we can do this off season to have an immediate impact on next season
Would you like to expand on this ?

Well after watching Collingwood with Cox, I am convinced that big blokes need to offer more than just tap work to their bow these days. Jacobs doesnt provide around the ground. He often gets hands to the ball but drops the mark. He cant jump like NicNat, he cant clunk marks like Cox, he cant get 25-30 touches like Grundy, he isnt mobile like Gawn and Martin, and he cant play forward like Westhoff or Darling.

The bloke has been a great ruck for us but these days a ruck cannot just ruck. Getting someone like Preuss is pretty damn important, and more rotations can be spent on the midfield with Jenkins and Preuss rotating forward/ruck.

Well after watching Collingwood with Cox, I am convinced that big blokes need to offer more than just tap work to their bow these days. Jacobs doesnt provide around the ground. He often gets hands to the ball but drops the mark. He cant jump like NicNat, he cant clunk marks like Cox, he cant get 25-30 touches like Grundy, he isnt mobile like Gawn and Martin, and he cant play forward like Westhoff or Darling.

The bloke has been a great ruck for us but these days a ruck cannot just ruck. Getting someone like Preuss is pretty damn important, and more rotations can be spent on the midfield with Jenkins and Preuss rotating forward/ruck.

Obviously Jacobs is near end if his career but Cox is forward/ Chop our ruck, and darling is an exclusive forward. They’re not the bench mark comparison for a ruck.

Darling doesn't ruck, he exclusively plays as the second KPF, he's only 191cm tall. Nathan Vardy plays as the ruck chop out for the Eagles right now.

Would you like to expand on this ?

I think it's pretty obvious. Like me, he probably saw Grundy's game last night and started grinding his teeth. Complete dominance: beautiful taps, beautiful thumps, beautiful marks, and the mobility of a rover to shark his own taps, run and kick goals. He's a ruckman and a big midfielder. What we would be with him in our side.....:(

I think it's pretty obvious. Like me, he probably saw Grundy's game last night and started grinding his teeth. Complete dominance: beautiful taps, beautiful thumps, beautiful marks, and the mobility of a rover to shark his own taps, run and kick goals. He's a ruckman and a big midfielder. What we would be with him in our side.....:(
I agree ....this is the new ruckman ....this is why I ponder the Preuss style Ruckman ??

Mummy worked in GWS because he had so many quick midfielders around him .....but at the Crows, that's not our strength, so I am questioning whether the slow lumbering, but aggressive, Ruckman suits our current setup

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A fit Jacobs offers a lot more around the ground than Preuss.

So lets assume we do get Preuss & Stengle ......what else do we need Trade Wise?

For mine, these 2 address, and hopefully solve, pressing structural needs with the Jacobs/Betts retiring in the next 1-2 years. From there we just need midfield pace and class, realistically no much of this available so from there, I think we simply look to maximise our draft position.

I agree ....this is the new ruckman ....this is why I ponder the Preuss style Ruckman ??

Mummy worked in GWS because he had so many quick midfielders around him .....but at the Crows, that's not our strength, so I am questioning whether the slow lumbering, but aggressive, Ruckman suits our current setup

Unfortunately, it looks like Preuss is our only decent option to go on from Sauce, since Grundy will be unobtainable.
How good is Grundy's brother? Should we speculate on him due to genetics as well?

For mine, these 2 address, and hopefully solve, pressing structural needs with the Jacobs/Betts retiring in the next 1-2 years. From there we just need midfield pace and class, realistically no much of this available so from there, I think we simply look to maximise our draft position.
Yeah totally agree ....can't think of a pressing need, to trade for ? ....just maximize our Draft position, so we have some real quality underneath our top 30 players .....we have some aging players, so these next 2 Drafts are critical

Unfortunately, it looks like Preuss is our only decent option to go on from Sauce, since Grundy will be unobtainable.
How good is Grundy's brother? Should we speculate on him due to genetics as well?
Is Grundy's Brother in this Draft ?

There's others. One of the Freo rucks. Pierce from St Kilda. The SA lad Draper who's at Essendon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back