List Mgmt. 2018 St Kilda Trade Thread Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Steele spreads well mate. So him and Ross can play that inside out role whereby hanners plays more outside in with us. If this libba thing has legs. Then I am happy with a midfield of Libba hanners Ross and Steele. It covers much more ground then Dunstan Armo Steele and Ross

Why are using 2 guys who didn’t play as mids by the end of the year. Hanners is fine. Libba just does nothing to the midfield but make us play another mid where they shouldn’t. Do we forget Steele as a forward or Ross as a back.

I don’t mine dropping a few spots down and still landing a good kid. Especially when I think the top 12 are fairly good footballers mate. Gives us another pick to play with. Might help landing Shiel?
How does it help get Shiel when 4 probably isn’t enough. 2 for one. Ask Melbourne about that or us. Crazy stuff

Why are using 2 guys who didn’t play as mids by the end of the year. Hanners is fine. Libba just does nothing to the midfield but make us play another mid where they shouldn’t. Do we forget Steele as a forward or Ross as a back.
Because they are two guys who will play regularly with the same deficiencies. You want mids who can spread and apply pressure and win the ball. Ross can easily play on a wing and we can blood Clark off a HBF for more run. Hanners can play off a wing or in the middle. Better options then now which is what you want.

The problem with hanners playing 'outside' is that he's a terrible kick. You really need the guys on the outside to be quick and elite by foot.
Or you get HBF who can push up and run and carry and use their foot skills. Think Clark think Coffield.

Many ways to slice this. First things first is winning the contested ball and getting it to them

I think Steele spreads well mate. So him and Ross can play that inside out role whereby hanners plays more outside in with us. If this libba thing has legs. Then I am happy with a midfield of Libba hanners Ross and Steele. It covers much more ground then Dunstan Armo Steele and Ross

If only Ross played to his attributes, the guy is one of the fastest players in the league not jut our team, but strangely for 90% of the time plays like a plodder.

Seems like we are addressing midfield issues but was that the main source of our problems this year ? I know we are stacked for half backs but I think ball use coming from that area was our biggest problem this year as well as ball use entering inside 50..

I do think Hannebery helps with entries though he’s not an elite kick but he’s a neat good decision maker .

If Jack Lonie ends up being traded to Collingwood or who ever , does that mean we have to either trade in or draft another Jack into the club to fulfill our normal quota of Jacks ? Does anyone know a Jack we should be watching or even approaching? This is important, we can’t start next season with one Jack less than our quota .

Go Saints

No thanks would keep our early pick for me top 6 are elite.
So either this draft is a super draft - like they have called it for 12 months. which means there is plenty of talent in the top 20 or it’s no different to every other year in which case you want to pick at the top end.

We either grab King or potentially Bailey Smith + another.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We need to manufacture a way back into the top end of the draft and somehow hold on to pick 4!
Our underperforming list has shown that barring a couple of players everybody should be up for grabs!
The aim has to be to nab a FA or two even if they are not top shelf and obv target the class midfielder we need
then together with Hannebery and hopefully a Rankine and Bolton throw in a combo of vfl listed players worth a chance
like Mcadam/Gibbons and away we go!
Obviously in order to pull this off we will need to be ruthless and cut players that offer value in the market
the obvious ones i see are Ross-highest value...Hickey/Lonie there does appear to be serious feelers for both so not without possibly to
snag 2nd rounder....If we got stupid overs for Acres/Dunstan/Mcartin/Bruce we would look at it, but that won't happen!
And whatever we could scrounge for Armo/ Weller/ even Newnes....This is my opinion only of course but it' the only way i see us
turning things quickly outside of the expected improved coaching program with the new faces mentioned!

Lets face it this group is not entitled for us to feel sentimental towards them given their efforts.
I'm not advocating gutting the whole list. But serious onfield change in key positions is needed
with more hardness and skill being the priority!

So either this draft is a super draft - like they have called it for 12 months. which means there is plenty of talent in the top 20 or it’s no different to every other year in which case you want to pick at the top end.

No way Bailey Smith makes it to pick 9.

If we thought that was going to happen then I'd do that deal in a heart beat, but it won't.

Fair chance that by pick 9 all of Lukosius, Walsh, Rankine, Max King, Ben King, Bailey Smith and Rozee are all gone.

Mate

With respect if Neale goes to Freo then it becomes worse .

We need stars , would be pretty happy getting a couple of experienced midfielders for stuff all.

Been on Rankine for 3 years , but if it’s not him , I want Max King because in 2 years time
his brother will be wanting to come aboard .

Stkilda will look different with Gresham , Clark as mids as well .

Saints have very young list .

Triple M Adelaide's Chris Dittmar has dropped some potentially huge news regarding the upcoming AFL trade and free agency period.
Speaking on 'Roo and Ditts' this morning, the host said he had very good mail that the AFLwill not be granting Carlton or Gold Coast access to a priority draft pick in this year's NAB AFL Draft.
However, Ditts said the AFL will allow both Carlton and Gold Coast access to the best state league, aka SANFL, VFL, WAFL, NEAFL players and allow them to be signed before other clubs have access to them.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Mate

With respect if Neale goes to Freo then it becomes worse .

We need stars , would be pretty happy getting a couple of experienced midfielders for stuff all.

Been on Rankine for 3 years , but if it’s not him , I want Max King because in 2 years time
his brother will be wanting to come aboard .

Stkilda will look different with Gresham , Clark as mids as well .

Saints have very young list .
I don't buy into the whole take 1 King and the other will come in 2yrs.. For all we know our King could just as easy leave us to join his brother.

If we take him because of need, then different story. But the way i see it, our need is mids and more mids.. Outside ones at that.

Rankine, Rankine, Rankine. In that order. ( and yes, i know he's not pure mid, but in 50/50 split will do me )

2007-2017 picks 3 vs. 7 and 12 (doing the last decade):
1. 2007: Masten vs. Palmer and Cyril (win later picks)
2. 2008: Stephen Hill vs. Vickery and Lewis Johnstone (really its a wash but give it to pick 3)
3. 2009: Dusty vs. Sheppard and Kane Lucas (win early pick)
4. 2010: Sam Day vs. Caddy and Lucas Cook (wash)
5. 2011: Dom Tyson vs. Haynes and Docherty (win later picks)
6. 2012: Plowman vs. Wines and Jaksch (win later picks)
7. 2013: Billings vs. Aish and Lennon (win early pick)
8. 2014: Brayshaw vs. Ahern and Ellis (win early pick)
9. 2015: Mills vs. Hopper and Curnow (win later picks) - calling it as Mills vs. Oliver
10. 2016: McCluggage vs. Scrimshaw and Simpkin (rate Simpkin so a wash for me)
11. 2017: Dow vs. Clark and Fogarty (win later picks)

Win later picks - 5
Wash - 3
Win early picks - 3

Food for thought (leave it to you guys to argue my verdicts).

Also, didn't take bids into account.

Triple M Adelaide's Chris Dittmar has dropped some potentially huge news regarding the upcoming AFL trade and free agency period.
Speaking on 'Roo and Ditts' this morning, the host said he had very good mail that the AFLwill not be granting Carlton or Gold Coast access to a priority draft pick in this year's NAB AFL Draft.
However, Ditts said the AFL will allow both Carlton and Gold Coast access to the best state league, aka SANFL, VFL, WAFL, NEAFL players and allow them to be signed before other clubs have access to them.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
I can't see why Brisbane & us aren't included also no finals for both since 2011 minimum were as Carlton played the year Essendon got booted out of the finals .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back