Review What are the most over rated things in AFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Dec 5, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Knicks, Giants
Its now the off season so I'd like to let off some steam!
The season hasnt even been over for a week and there is already an article on the AFL website about Jack Graham having a shoulder reco and having a delayed start to the year...
But here is the punchline that gives me the shits..."However, he isn't in doubt to be available for round one at this stage."
What a load of over rated croke that is.
So to my point...
What are the most over rated things in AFL.
IMO it is players being ready for round 1 and also being the #1 draft pick.

What are your thoughts?

As glad as I am that Dusty won it in 2017, The Brownlow Medal is becomming over rated.

The voting process is flawed and has been for some time and until that is corrected it will struggle to mean as much as the players MVP award.

David King at least rates himself highly, said Carlton had better list than Colonwood and would outperform them this year. Also stated Conca would be a superstar of the comp, number of other absurd claims as well but still has a job. As most of you know was a Richmond assistant coach during the Wallace years....has not worked in that capacity since.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Couple of years ago I would have said Chad Wingard, but clearly people have figured out that he's not that great now. Even Port.

Its now the off season so I'd like to let off some steam!
The season hasnt even been over for a week and there is already an article on the AFL website about Jack Graham having a shoulder reco and having a delayed start to the year...
But here is the punchline that gives me the shits..."However, he isn't in doubt to be available for round one at this stage."
What a load of over rated croke that is.
So to my point...
What are the most over rated things in AFL.
IMO it is players being ready for round 1 and also being the #1 draft pick.

What are your thoughts?
Draft picks

David King at least rates himself highly, said Carlton had better list than Colonwood and would outperform them this year. Also stated Conca would be a superstar of the comp, number of other absurd claims as well but still has a job. As most of you know was a Richmond assistant coach during the Wallace years....has not worked in that capacity since.
King was caught drink driving this morning after crashing his car. Rumor is he's injured, a bad corky with bleeding above the knee

King was caught drink driving this morning after crashing his car. Rumor is he's injured, a bad corky with bleeding above the knee
Thought you were kidding until I just heard this. Must have underestimated the traffic and tried to get through it, obviously chose the wrong option, decision making not up to par according to my stats sheet.

What is it with these Norf players, everyone’s entitled to make a mistake but these guys are habitual offenders, Hi Duck and they get to be the face of the Media.

As glad as I am that Dusty won it in 2017, The Brownlow Medal is becomming over rated.

The voting process is flawed and has been for some time and until that is corrected it will struggle to mean as much as the players MVP award.
Fully agree with this. Doesnt recognise players in all positions. Only recognises mids and goes off stats generally.

Thought you were kidding until I just heard this. Must have underestimated the traffic and tried to get through it, obviously chose the wrong option, decision making not up to par according to my stats sheet.

What is it with these Norf players, everyone’s entitled to make a mistake but these guys are habitual offenders, Hi Duck and they get to be the face of the Media.

Yep duck assaults police officer in Melbourne and charged , charged with cocaine , charged for glassing a woman in the face but still hired on by ch 7 and Radio . Meanwhile Barry Hall says something on radio which was way out of line by the way, and loses his job over it on the spot and know one in media will give him a job now . Go figure .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back