• Gray

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • Jack Watts

Votes: 10 7.5%
  • Other

Votes: 1 0.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

And the winner is Westhoff. But as the votes on this thread are just for who'll win, the 84.4% he's got may not reflect how close it will be. In fact I expect Wines to be leading after 14 rounds and drop off alarmingly, Westhoff getting ahead with 5 rounds to go and winning comfortably, if not in a complete landslide. Polec, Paddy, Jonas and Gray will poll strongly as well with Jonas maybe pipping Wines for second. Chad finished the last two thirds of the season well but played too many quiet games early. That Jonas only played 18 games could rob him of the B&F. He was 2nd in marks per game with 7.83 per game but 11th in total marks.

Random thought - Travis Boak will do better than most people expect on B&F night. Top 5 I reckon.
He isnt going to poll more than Hoff, Polec, Robbie and Jonas. He shouldn't poll more than Wingard and Wines - Wingard was poor first 7 weeks then great in the guts Wines was poor last 7 weeks especially after his showdown shank. I think our defenders in general will pole better than most of us have marked them. Boak I reckon will pole in 7th to 10th spot.

Why is our b&f always so late in the year? Surely when you don't make finals you just get this stuff done and dusted before people go on leave/request trades?

Anyway, its a race in two between Hoff and Polec. Gray, Jonas, Wingard and Clurey in the next group.

Why is our b&f always so late in the year? Surely when you don't make finals you just get this stuff done and dusted before people go on leave/request trades?

Anyway, its a race in two between Hoff and Polec. Gray, Jonas, Wingard and Clurey in the next group.
Probably to stop the players from having 8 straight weeks away from Alberton and especially an 8 week Os holiday. This way they can check what they have been doing for 4 weeks and maybe how out of shape they are.

Or maybe when we were 11-4 we were planning on reaching a PF and it would mean only a 2 week break then they can piss off for 6 weeks.

Atleast it's not Xmas time, didn't that happen recently?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon Polec won't poll as well as people are thinking. He was chewed out for not following instructions pretty regularly. (for better or worse).
I don't reckon he'll get much love from the coaches.

Daniel Norton was asked about this on AA and he said it's due to needing the lead time to hire a big quality venue. So when they set the date they were well in contention for a top 4 berth and a big finals finish.

It was not to be, but you don't know it at the time.

Daniel Norton was asked about this on AA and he said it's due to needing the lead time to hire a big quality venue. So when they set the date they were well in contention for a top 4 berth and a big finals finish.

It was not to be, but you don't know it at the time.
Ohhh we knew....

Back