Mega Thread Trade Targets 2018 (2018 Trade Period Discussion)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love JJ, but him and 19 for 12+ years of Luko up forward.....

If for the sake of arguments, consider that pick 2 is on the table for JJ and something else. It’s a tough one. We would be making out like bandits if it was only 19. But I think you have to look at it more broadly. This applies to Gov too.

We just spent 2 firsts on Gibbs, and arguably gave up at least 2 firsts on re-signing Sloane and Lynch. Would that all be for nothing in terms of a flag in the next couple of years if we then traded out JJ. So in order to agree to trade out JJ, pick 19 isn’t crazy from our point of view. Still, it’s crazy from theirs no matter which way you spin it.

Would be mind boggling if we ended up trading both Gov and JJ.

If for the sake of arguments, consider that pick 2 is on the table for JJ and something else. It’s a tough one. We would be making out like bandits if it was only 19. But I think you have to look at it more broadly. This applies to Gov too.

We just spent 2 firsts on Gibbs, and arguably gave up at least 2 firsts on re-signing Sloane and Lynch. Would that all be for nothing in terms of a flag in the next couple of years if we then traded out JJ. So in order to agree to trade out JJ, pick 19 isn’t crazy from our point of view. Still, it’s crazy from theirs no matter which way you spin it.

From a future list point of view for us it would be too good to be true.

From a future list point of view for us it would be too good to be true.

So would have taking those two picks we spent on Gibbs to the draft. So would have pick 9 by letting Sloane go as an FA. Maybe a late 1st/early second for Lynch.

My point is these decisions aren’t made in isolation. I’d do JJ and 19 for Luko no worries. But I would have let Sloane and Lynch go and I don’t think we will be close to a flag next year.

Bigger rebuild of the list.

Makes sense to me, the higher the draft pick the bigger the flight risk, but 5 decent picks inside the top 30 is an injection of fresh blood into the list.
For us, it makes sense too, we have a good list of solid players that could make a 22 somewhere, as much as Terry Wallace and others attack our age profile we are 3 years away from the cliff and it's arguable that we have a fair amount of the replacements already. What we don't have is a whole level of elite talent.
I like the deal, I also agree with others about trading of next years first to get another pick inside the 20.
Luko, Ranking and Valente would be a bumper score.

Haven’t they publicly stated they will be using two and three?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

let’s not kid ourselves that Vardy has more than 20% ruck time v Grundy

They had more impact than Grundy around the ground, and limited the damage of Grundy’s taps. Lycett didn’t draw level with Grundy, Lycett (15) and Vardy (14) had 29 hit outs combined against Grundy’s 49.

They had more impact than Grundy around the ground, and limited the damage of Grundy’s taps. Lycett didn’t draw level with Grundy, Lycett (15) and Vardy (14) had 29 hit outs combined against Grundy’s 49.

Yeah, that’s the way I saw it too. They outworked him in tandem. It was more that Grundy wasn’t able to influence the game as one of the best 3 or 4 players. He failed with respect to his own standards. By most other ruckman standards he probably did ok, but when you are one of the best players in the game and don’t have one of your best games in a grand final, your going to cop it. Not even defending him, he deserves some criticism for not having one of his better games on the big stage. But Grundy’s shortcomings doesn’t elevate Lycett to some other level. It’s like giving a tagger credit. They deserve praise, but that doesn’t mean they are as good as the guy they nullify.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And Grundy had no influence on game and was a potential norm Smith meddalist coming in

And against sauce he had 33 possessions and 2 goals

I think this is more about team/list balance. We're too tall up front with McGovern, Fogarty, Walker, Lynch and Jenkins. All five are best 22 next year but arguably we should only play 3 for team balance (offensive pressure). Makes sense to move one or possibly two if the right deals are on the table.

Electical engineering nerds can’t find jobs in Adelaide and have to tier down if they wanna stay.
Know one that just did. Over qualified.

Not always true. I know an electrical engineer who started a new job in Radelaide just this week, as an electrical engineer.

I just fail to see the point in getting Zac Smith. He was behind Rhys Stanley and bloody Ryan Abbott for the 2nd half of the season. Don't mind the idea of Chol. But seriously we should've tried harder to get Preuss.

Dare I say, it may just be to have him in a similar situation here.

We went in with Sauce and ROB as our only two ruck choices last season, then ROB got injured early forcing us to ruck Sauce for 22 games. Smith potentially avoids that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back