List Mgmt. Trade Hypotheticals (opposition posters post here)

Remove this Banner Ad

Haven't a clue.

Richmond should be on the brink of their cap now so shouldnt be to active unless trading players out.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

We need to be active, our midfield is quite weak after Martin and Cotch. We need a big contested ball winner with a few tricks to give them a chop out more-so than Lynch I would have thought

I read that. And this is purely my speculation, but I reckon if he was happy at the club they wouldn’t have told him to look around.
Didn’t really want to leave. Club didn’t want to pay the wage considering limited availability for next season we do have cap issues approximately 1.5 million

Well I feel this is a mistake, genuine talent.
Sheil Lobb and Setterfield clear the 1.5 that we needed to clear. Allows the club to focus on Kelly Cogs and co. Think Mumford gets rookied plays every second week in tandem with Simpson. Flynn becomes main ruckman in the twos and gets a few games in the ones in tandem with Briggs. Hopefully Flynn is the long term answer

Cog I feel wants to stay and is likely to lead the club one day, however Kelly could very likely leave end of next year. Potentially losing Kelly on top of Setterfield, Shiel and Lobb is pretty poor I would have thought. If we lose Setterfield, Shiel and Lobb this year, we absolutely need to move heaven and earth to keep both Cogs and Kelly (putting both down on long-term deals) as well as bring in some high end talent through the draft.

Cog I feel wants to stay and is likely to lead the club one day, however Kelly could very likely leave end of next year. Potentially losing Kelly on top of Setterfield, Shiel and Lobb is pretty poor I would have thought. If we lose Setterfield, Shiel and Lobb this year, we absolutely need to move heaven and earth to keep both Cogs and Kelly (putting both down on long-term deals) as well as bring in some high end talent through the draft.
That’s the plan

Think Cogs could become co captain next season.

Losing those players we still have;

Cogs, Kelly, Hopper, Scully, Taranto, Whitfield, Ward.

We also have fwds in Greene, Cameron, HH, Patton, MDB.

And our defense looks great as well.

We nailed the 2017 draft and I have faith in 2108s effort.

It's not doom and gloom by a long shot.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think Cogs could become co captain next season.
The man deserves it, has all the attributes to be a great leader. Would that be a 3 way captaincy or would one of Ward/Davis lose the role?

Losing those players we still have;

Cogs, Kelly, Hopper, Scully, Taranto, Whitfield, Ward.

We also have fwds in Greene, Cameron, HH, Patton, MDB.

And our defense looks great as well.

We nailed the 2017 draft and have faith in 2108s effort.

It's not doom and gloom by a long shot.

I feel like its not so much Setterfield, Lobb or Shiel leaving that bugs me most. It is sad that inaugural players like Shiel want to head back but knowing that in return we will in all likelihood get absolutely dogged on the trade table even though all 3 players are contracted. We can only afford to lose so many top players like Setterfield for 2nd round picks before we are bare in terms of quality youngsters. How we are losing quality local lads for likely cheap is beyond me. Really hope GWS squeeze appropriate compensation out of Carlton. If Carlton somehow get both Shiel and Setterfield for a future 1st, I would be very disappointed in the list management team. I thought the trend would end after we reduced our list but seems other teams are still having a feeding frenzy. Our 1st team still bats quite deep but worried that if the injuries persist, the players in the seconds will be smashed week in week out, creating a poor environment for those playing in the NEAFL.

Very interested to see how we are compensated for these trades. With the cap squeeze in place... we need to be able to walk away if the deal is no good and I’m not sure our situation allows for that.

We could get hurt.

Don’t mind the Shiel transaction , but he’s our 4th / 5th best mid and we bring in another 18yo gun like Walsh, I think it’s good list management. Makes us better for longer. And we clear cap space for the other out of contract guys.

Setterfield feels a bit stranger. But clearly there’s a view he’s expendable

Still think we are right in the window for a while yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If Shiel nominates Hawthorn as his preferred destination how do you think a deal will be done?

Obviously the worst outcome for you, but few players want to go to struggling clubs. Substandard senior coaches at both Saints and Blues.

If Shiel nominates Hawthorn as his preferred destination how do you think a deal will be done?

Obviously the worst outcome for you, but few players want to go to struggling clubs. Substandard senior coaches at both Saints and Blues.
Except most your guys retiring over the next 2 years.

What can you offer? Doubt you'll want to hand over 1st rounders

Remove this Banner Ad

Back