List Mgmt. Hawthorn 2018 Trade discussion NO OPPOSITION SUPPORTERS Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's as close as port will ever get to the number one pick. Assume Walsh goes 1 then GC have 2 and 3 - now they could take Rankine and Lukocious and Port would be left with the choice of a king Twin or another less touted but still very good SA kid - or they could get lucky and the SUNS take one or both of the King Twins making all the SA kids available to them at pick 4

If I were Port I'd take our 15 and a second rounder and get this done - If I was the Saints they will get two really good kids from this.

(and being Hawthorn we get Wingard keep next year first and Burton - plus the whole Scully thing - sets up nicely but don't tell anyone)

Pick 2 is off the table and Lukosius is locked.

Pick 3 is up for grabs and they both want it. To Rankine, or not to Rankine?!!

A lot of our (supposed) trading this period screams big risk big reward. Scully has his ankle but is one of (if not the best) pure wingman in the game. Patton has the knee but can be exactly the imposing marking target we need. Wingard has work ethic issues but has untapped potential, and is already A-grade. Scrimshaw also has work ethic issues but high upside. Getting these guys to live up to their potential - along with whether O'Meara takes the next step - could propel us right back into Premiership contention.
Scrimshaw does not have work ethic issues! He had minor injury setbacks and at seasons end was running 13-15k games getting avg 30 poss at full back...Suns had the issues and he requested a trade.

Scrimshaw does not have work ethic issues! He had minor injury setbacks and at seasons end was running 13-15k games getting avg 30 poss at full back...Suns had the issues and he requested a trade.

I rate Scrimshaw but there's a lot of stuff on the GC board that isn't positive regarding workrate. This usually happens when a player wants to leave (see Wingard). I would be ecstatic to have Scrim, rated him since his draft year. What do you reckon will get the deal done (is pick 35 enough?)

I reckon we should try to keep Lovell. People describe him as like Sam Mitchell but nowhere near as good. Well the best guy to make him play more like Sam Mitchell is Sam Mitchell, so might be worth keeping on our list another year.
Need to give something to get something right? As great as Lovell is... We may need to part with him

Need to give something to get something right? As great as Lovell is... We may need to part with him
‘As great as Lovell is’??? Jesus, compare to the idea of trading Burton, I’m all for it. I’ll drive Lovell to the airport myself if it helps us land the Chad and keep Burton

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My sense of the situation is that we should hold off and only leave pick 15 on the table. They need to consider what they will get for him next year and the potential talent in the two drafts (this year and next year). They also need to consider that neither club nor player are happy and how this will affect the playing group. I think it will get done. No Burton. No way etc...

Yes, but we are not finished. We have more work to do.

I reckon we should try to keep Lovell. People describe him as like Sam Mitchell but nowhere near as good. Well the best guy to make him play more like Sam Mitchell is Sam Mitchell, so might be worth keeping on our list another year.
Hmmm
People also described Vickery as being like an injured Kurt Tippett, but nowhere near as good.

An update from my Lovell contact here in Kingston.

Lovell has confirmed with some mates down here that he is caught up in the Wingard negotiations, but has NOT done a medical with Port. His manager asked his thoughts about going, so it seems the ball is in his court atm.

I will see my contact tomorrow at a BBQ, so will try and get a bit more info then. There had been interest from Brisbane before the season finished, but not sure where that sits now.

I don't understand why we all think that Coniglo is a fait accompli to come to Hawthorn next year.

The suitors are going to be lined up 10 deep.

No doubt they will be. BUT, despite what others will say because only Richmond adopts these practices in their world, Cogs has been a very solid work in progress for at least 18 months. Our constant contact with him and his management is significant.

But remember only Richmond does this sort of stuff !!!!!!!!!!!!

An update from my Lovell contact here in Kingston.

Lovell has confirmed with some mates down here that he is caught up in the Wingard negotiations, but has NOT done a medical with Port. His manager asked his thoughts about going, so it seems the ball is in his court atm.

I will see my contact tomorrow at a BBQ, so will try and get a bit more info then. There had been interest from Brisbane before the season finished, but not sure where that sits now.
Any updates he’s given you on if we can get the Chad deal done.?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back