Autopsy 2018 post-trade week wrap!

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:

IN: Neale, Adams, McCarthy, picks 18, 30, 35, 55, 56, 78, 2019 COL first round pick, 2019 GC second round pick, 2019 FRE third round pick.

OUT: Beams, Mayes, picks 5, 24, 43, 62, 80, 2019 first round pick

Honestly what a haul. Great war chest of picks to play with to move up the draft order.

Next year it could be pick 5 for picks 15, 21 and 42

That's a great position in addition to picks 25 and 43

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wonder if we'll try to bundle up 30 and 35 to make sure we get a pick before McFadyen and get an earlier pick
If we've only got 3 list spots come draft night I think that's what we'll definitely do. I also wouldn't rule out adding one of our future picks (considering we've got quite a few) to that package to get even higher. Would be a great result if we end up with 18 plus another late first rounder as live picks, plus those picks in the 50s for Mcfadyen.

It's going to hurt next year if as expected our first is 8-10 picks later but I'm very happy with our overall position

Finally got BigFooty to load.

Good stuff. We made the most of what we could with some pick swapping yet to come.

8/10.

First glance I'm happy with that. Sad to lose Beams but more than happy to have Neale instead and death ride the Pies. Really smart pick trading I reckon, great to get our targets and still make sure we feature in the first round in both the 2018 and 2019 drafts.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back